Muslim Reform Movement embraces secularism and universal human rights

Started by mauricio, March 16, 2016, 01:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Don't worry PR, I got this covered for you...

They aren't True Muslims®.

Saved you the trouble.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

mauricio

Quote from: Shiranu on March 16, 2016, 02:05:20 AM
Don't worry PR, I got this covered for you...

They aren't True Muslims®.

Saved you the trouble.

That funny cause that's exactly what islamists like Choudary say to this people. I guess maybe his mindset is not all that incompatible with the islamists lol. But to be honest, this initiatives are a good thing and the way forward but also gives me the feeling like when debating a cherrypicking christian who refuses acknownledge the fact that bible is an inferior moral manual compared to various newer works that we have, because of very basic things. Like more logical cohesion and deeper analysis of the moral questions as a cumulative effort of multiple generations and more data.

pr126

How can they improve on what is perfect?

Look up Quran 5:3
"This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you ... Today, I have completed your religion, perfected My blessing upon you, and I have decreed ..."

And

33:36. It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path.

And

Quran 2:85
So do you believe part in the Scripture and disbelieve in part? Then what is the recompense for those who do that among you except disgrace in worldly life; and on the Day of Resurrection they will be sent back to the severest of punishment. And Allah is not unaware of what you do."

Aside from all this, how much influence these Muslim have on the other 1.6 billion believers?

For 14 centuries Islam could not change.
Is anyone naive enough to think that enlightenment is just around the corner?
Wishful thinking.

I think the whole excercise is  Public Relation effort to fool the gullible kuffar.
Excuse my scepticism.

QuoteFarahnaz Ispahani, a former Pakistani politician and signatory of the Declaration, said: "If Muslim minorities in non-Muslim countries are to be protected, we must demand the protection of non-Muslims within Muslim-majority countries."
Good luck with that.  Especially in Pakistan.

Baruch

GB fault for surrendering to a dhoti clad fakir.  Churchill would never have done that ... but the Labor Party did.  Time to reinvade the Subcontinent for King and country, eh whot?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

baronvonrort

Quote from: pr126 on March 16, 2016, 04:45:26 AM
How can they improve on what is perfect?

Look up Quran 5:3
"This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you ... Today, I have completed your religion, perfected My blessing upon you, and I have decreed ..."

And

33:36. It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path.

And

Quran 2:85
So do you believe part in the Scripture and disbelieve in part? Then what is the recompense for those who do that among you except disgrace in worldly life; and on the Day of Resurrection they will be sent back to the severest of punishment. And Allah is not unaware of what you do."

Aside from all this, how much influence these Muslim have on the other 1.6 billion believers?

For 14 centuries Islam could not change.
Is anyone naive enough to think that enlightenment is just around the corner?
Wishful thinking.

I think the whole excercise is  Public Relation effort to fool the gullible kuffar.
Excuse my scepticism.
Good luck with that.  Especially in Pakistan.

These so called reformers will be branded munafiqs (hypocrites)

www.quran.com/9/73

baronvonrort

Quote from: mauricio on March 16, 2016, 01:31:01 AM
http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2015/12/muslim-reform-movement-embraces-secularism-and-universal-human-rights

13 countries with Islam as the state religion have the death penalty for atheists, a clear violation of article 18 of the universal declaration of human rights.

Perhaps they should start with removing the death penalty for atheists (apostates) in Saudi Arabia and Iran

Baruch

Well, we could stop being PC, and kick the barbarian countries out of the UN.  Certainly SA has no right to head the human rights committee.  This is just the same as pissing on the UN charter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.