News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Laci Green

Started by stromboli, March 13, 2016, 10:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Oh look, a thread about an outspoken feminist. This will surely be a civil discussion with no insults from either side, yes indeedy.

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 13, 2016, 01:57:21 PM
Yeah, and he sort of is.  Of course, I hear the same thing about Richard Dawkins from theists.  Or the Amazing Atheist from Republicans.  These people criticize ideas that some people hold very dear and their first reaction is "Oh he's an arrogant asshole".  I've noticed that objecting to the tone seems like a very convenient way to ignore what he has to say.  It takes a big person to get over that initial revulsion and hear them out.

This is one reason why when someone is communicating ideas or information I prefer to read rather than watch someone on television or YouTube. I find it easier to focus on the message when I'm not distracted by the messenger. Entertainment is different.

FaithIsFilth

She's a white Melissa Harris Perry. She needs to stop telling women what to do. I thought that was one of her main points? Don't tell women what to do? I watched a video of someone criticizing Lacy Green's video, and Lacy was scolding Miley Cyrus about what hairstyle she is allowed to have. You can't be white and have a "black" hair style? Fuck you Lacy. It's not your job to tell women how they can and can not dress or style their hair.

Mermaid

How does Laci Green tell women what to do?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

josephpalazzo

I don't know her. Should I care?

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Mermaid on March 13, 2016, 05:35:23 PM
Well, Miley is a transgender and not a woman, but Lacy scolded her for having dreadlocks while being white. That's lecturing to people about what they should and should not do with their hair. Why is she so worried about what people do with their hair? I thought only North Korean dictators were super concerned about what people are doing with their hair.

Mermaid

Do you have a link to that blog entry?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

PickelledEggs

Quote from: josephpalazzo on March 13, 2016, 06:07:53 PM
I don't know her. Should I care?
Nah. You're good. Don't waste your time.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mermaid on March 13, 2016, 05:35:23 PM
She can't "make" anyone do anything. But, people influence others. And when you have a huge presence like she does, your influence is much stronger.
Especially when we realize the type of audience she gets... if you think about it, these people are already researching the bullshit she's flinging. Analytics do the rest on youtube and google. If the person is easily swayed by confirmation bias they're swayed the way she thinks the world works (doesn't work??? the world is infinitely problematic and everything is a patriarchy or some shit, in her eyes...).

Mermaid

Mermaid

Is that the right video? There's nothing in it about Miley Cyrus, other than a picture of her briefly.

FaithIsFilth

"I saw a lot of celebrities AKA very problematic people. Miley Cyrus was wearing dreadlocks.."

She's saying dreadlocks on white people are problematic, clearly. She says LITERALLY EVERYTHING is problematic. She's looking for any and every reason to get offended. She likes being offended by every little thing in life. It brings her joy, because then she can turn around and whine about every little thing in life.

Mermaid

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on March 14, 2016, 04:14:13 PM
"I saw a lot of celebrities AKA very problematic people. Miley Cyrus was wearing dreadlocks.."

She's saying dreadlocks on white people are problematic, clearly. She says LITERALLY EVERYTHING is problematic. She's looking for any and every reason to get offended. She likes being offended by every little thing in life. It brings her joy, because then she can turn around and whine about every little thing in life.
I interpret her much differently than you do, apparently.

FaithIsFilth

You hear what you want to hear. I'm quoting her when she says "literally everyone and everything is problematic". Laci shouldn't use the word literally if she doesn't mean literally. White people have been wearing dreadlocks for thousands of years, so Laci sounds like a sensitive, race baiting idiot here who gets offended by every little thing in the world, but don't take my word for it. She admits it herself. To her, literally everything is problematic.