Students refusing to join in school prayer during lunch

Started by josephpalazzo, March 09, 2016, 07:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

The foundation also wrote letters to the Branson and Reeds Spring districts, demanding each investigate the amount of access it provides to "predatory evangelists."

^

SGOS

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 10, 2016, 08:05:48 PM
The only site that has this story. Gee, I wonder why.
http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/education/2016/02/25/hollister-schools-told-halt-organized-prayer-restrict-ministers-access-students/80923292/

Sneaky lying bastards!  Any minister that attends a seminary and claims he does not understand that these types of behaviors are violations of school policy, or are not guarded against by law, probably isn't getting a very good education in his craft.  Or he might simply be a liar, which would be my first guess.  At any rate, a clear understanding of the law is a prerequisite for designing ways to flaunt its intention.  Such a priority is one of the major goals of religious indoctrination.  Sneaky lying bastards.

And after claiming, "I was not aware," that is followed by, "But none of the parents have been objecting."  WTF??  Are these people really that dense?

Baruch

No non staff person is to show up at school, not even a parent, without going thru the school admin first.  The school admin should say "not allowed" and that would have been the end of it.  Fire the school admin!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on March 11, 2016, 07:07:24 AM
No non staff person is to show up at school, not even a parent, without going thru the school admin first.  The school admin should say "not allowed" and that would have been the end of it.  Fire the school admin!

That is pretty much nation-wide policy in public schools.  If you are not a student or a staff person, you must get permission to be roaming the halls.  This is for obvious reasons.  Schools are responsible for the safety of the community children.  There should be no exceptions.  None!

I love the term "Predatory evangelists."  They seem to know what other people's children need most, whether they want it or not.

Solomon Zorn

This pisses me off. It's clear, the kind of intimidation that is intended. I salute the brave few who refused to participate.

I suggest any student who feels alienated by this sickening display, buy a bunch of crucifixes, and put them in the school urinals, as an alternative expression of free-speech (pissing on them is optional).
:evil:
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

widdershins

They're getting desperate.  They know full well that if you want an adult to believe in magic you have to convince him magic is real in childhood.  They feel that access to our children is an actual right which has been taken away from them, though they wouldn't word it exactly like that.  And contrary to what they might tell you, not one of them has any problem whatsoever lying through their teeth to get what they want, though I doubt many of them are consciously aware just how slimy and snake-like they are.  Just look at records and interviews from the Dover trial for examples of this where "good Christians" can't remember that they collected money for books, which they then gave to their own father to buy those books because they wanted "creationism" in the schools, but it wasn't really "creationism" they wanted, they just couldn't think of the right term at the time.  I'm sure that dude thinks everything he did was on the up and up, even though he's more snake-like than the devil himself.
This sentence is a lie...

Unbeliever

What the hell ever happened to going into your closet to pray?

QuoteAnd when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Mat 6:5-6
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

widdershins

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 17, 2016, 05:18:24 PM
What the hell ever happened to going into your closet to pray?

Because then they'll have to come out of the closet and they'll want to get gay married.  Use your damned head!
This sentence is a lie...

Unbeliever

Oh, uh...yeah... :weed:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

We never had prayer in my school, for some years we said the lard prayer which everyone pretty much mouthed while sneaking glances at the girls or firing spit balls, nobody really paid attention. But I can't remember anyone ever being out and loud about it and this was the 70's. I would have remained seated as well. I liked a good fight.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

ApostateLois

Quote. "This was student-led, it was student initiated."

How does this absolve them from following the laws? Students are in school to learn, and one of the things they learn is that the Constitution requires a separation of church and state. If they want to pray, they can do it at home, at church, or at some other off-school location. If they believe God will be offended, then maybe they should ask themselves why they pay their respects to a deity that so easily gets his feelings hurt.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"