News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your awesome pictures here!!!

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, March 08, 2016, 11:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 21, 2019, 02:03:04 PM
I once rode a freight train from New Orleans to Atalanta just for the fun of it. Why is everything there named Peachtree?

My dad did that in 1944, from San Antonio to Los Angeles.  Crazy kid!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 21, 2019, 02:03:04 PM
I once rode a freight train from New Orleans to Atalanta just for the fun of it. Why is everything there named Peachtree?
My grandpa rode the rails from Seattle to at least Portland--maybe further.  He lived the life of a hobo when he jumped ship in Seattle (from Sweden) prior to WWI--but he probably had company in those days. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 21, 2019, 07:11:31 PM
My grandpa rode the rails from Seattle to at least Portland--maybe further.  He lived the life of a hobo when he jumped ship in Seattle (from Sweden) prior to WWI--but he probably had company in those days.

My dad had company too.  Mexican migrant workers.  Learned to eat a sandwich made from just sliced bread and chili peppers (the small ones in the jar with the vinegar marinade (it is the spicy marinade that you use to spice your food, not the chilis themselves)).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 21, 2019, 07:11:31 PM

And he probably didn't do it on a lark, either. He likely had no choice back in those days.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 21, 2019, 07:20:15 PM
And he probably didn't do it on a lark, either. He likely had no choice back in those days.
No, not a lark.  Apparently he jumped his Swedish fishing boat in Seattle and then rode the rails for a number of years picking up odd jobs along the way.  He was simply surviving as best he could.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Four Jokers in the deck
and never a Batman around when he's needed!
God Not Found

Munch

I'd rather they replace jared leto with the animated mark hamill version, if going for definitive jokers.

but of course no one takes animation seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OqQokqg1vg

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Unbeliever

The Lock Ness Monster! Run for your lives!
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 23, 2019, 08:49:14 PM

Nah, the Eliot Ness monster is worse!  "Come and get me, coppers!".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 23, 2019, 08:49:14 PM
The Loch Ness monster is a kelpie.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Unbeliever

God Not Found