Pastor Defends Slavery (Bible Is Always Right)

Started by stromboli, March 07, 2016, 11:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Then I guess you have no reason to be here other than to reinforce your self-righteousness.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Poison Tree

"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

aitm

Quote from: LittleNipper on March 21, 2016, 10:57:30 AM
Let's call the TRINITY a supernatural scientific miracle ---

oh well hell, then. If the game is to just make up shit and call it science....you win, because.....well stupid always wins when stupid accepts stupid.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

LittleNipper

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 21, 2016, 11:26:24 AM
Then I guess you have no reason to be here other than to reinforce your self-righteousness.

I would guess you have no reason to be "here" because you don't want to speak about "Christianity", but mere are attempting to reinforce your own seemingly purposeless existence at the expense of God.

Poison Tree

Quote from: LittleNipper on March 21, 2016, 11:38:29 AM
God is perfect in every way.
The other day my father was watching my infant nephew and my nephew chipped the coffee table while playing with a spoon. Now if my father would have beaten my nephew for this transgression wouldn't you think him a monster?
Yet if, like you, we treat the Genesis account as an event that actually happened, your god punished not just Adam and Eve but their children and their children's children in perpetuity and doomed untold billions who died without ever hearing the name of Jesus to an eternity of unimaginable torture all because Adam and Eve did something wrong when, as Genesis clearly and repeatedly tells us, they lacked the ability to know good and evil.
If both these stories were true* wouldn't your god be many times the monster my father would be?

*Let my reiterate that my father, in fact, did not punish my nephew because apparently my father is more moral then your god.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

ApostateLois

I would like LittleNipper, or any Christian for that matter, simply to point out ANYWHERE in the Bible where God condemns slavery. Please quote the passage where we can read, "You shall not practice slavery, you shall not buy, sell, or own human beings as if they are cattle or other property, for it is an abomination in my sight."

We are talking about a god who condemns many other forms of human behavior, including stealing, lying, murder, adultery, homosexuality, and witchcraft. One commandment even condemns coveting,which is not a behavior but a thought process! And then Jesus came along and said that merely abstaining from sexual immortality isn't enough, if you even THINK lustful thoughts about someone, you're as guilty of adultery as if you had committed the act.

Yet nowhere in all the bible will you find a flat-out condemnation of slavery, a horrific evil that has caused the deaths, torture, and misery of billions of people over thousands of years. How many people have been killed by coveting? None, yet that gets a special mention in the Big Ten. Bible God is supposed to be perfectly moral. Most people regard slavery to be immoral, no matter the excuses used or how well the slaves are treated, and we have made laws against it. That makes humans more moral than God.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Mike Cl

Quote from: LittleNipper on March 21, 2016, 11:22:20 AM
I have nothing to gain.
And that is exactly what you have gained by being here.  Unless you like to be the chew toy of a bunch of atheists.  Then, knock yourself out.  Stick around.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?