News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

"Why I trust Trump"

Started by josephpalazzo, March 03, 2016, 04:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

Quote from: chill98 on March 05, 2016, 10:07:56 AM
And honestly, I would like to see him in front the U.N. playing them like its the apprentice.  What's in it for me [america].

LOL! I can see him telling the French ambassador to the U.N. ...

Baruch

More likely ...

"Vous êtes congédié"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Drumpf saying that? Unlikely. More likely...

"Et Tu frenchi tu es firedo you immigranto."
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

josephpalazzo

Quote from: chill98 on March 05, 2016, 10:07:56 AM
Glad I read the full article.  imho, your quote missed the mark and I almost didn't bother.

I don't like Trump.  Never bought into 'theDonald' meme.  Cant stand his TV show.  He is so full of shit he doesn't need to tan.

But I can understand why he is getting so much support.  He isn't a career politician.  He isn't a right wing nut.  He isn't a born-again-seen-the-light-jeezus-is-coming-praise-the-lard-ahmen republican. He is a successful and failed businessman who, for all his faults, is pursuing the american dream.  And even on his crappy tv show, he goes against his advisers and roots for the underdog.  'Cuz he sees something that he likes. Or whatever.  And as much as I don't like the guy, I do like that part when I am watching his show. 

And honestly, I would like to see him in front the U.N. playing them like its the apprentice.  What's in it for me [america]. 

But I don't see myself voting for him.   Right now, he is neither worse nor better than the other two mainstream options being contemplated. 

And he is bunches better than Cruz.

Pretty much agree with your sentiments. The thing about Trump is not what he really says - and who knows if he means any of it. But he has shown unusual talent in tapping into the voters' anger. If anything that drives this election it is raw anger, and as irrational it is to vote on some emotions - anger or fear, or whatever - Trump just feeds into that. Back in September most political pundits thought that Trump would fold before Christmas. He didn't. Then they thought he would fold by March. Here we are, and he is stronger than anyone had predicted. Most political pundits just underestimated voters' frustration and anger. And many voters have plenty of reasons to be angry, but unfortunately often that anger is misplaced. In particular, it makes many of them gullible, susceptible to manipulation. This is reminiscent of 1980 when Reagan tapped into that sort of frustration and anger, with his slogan "Government is not the solution, but the problem". It still rings true with many Americans. And in this election, for many voters, it is anyone but someone identified with the establishment. You see it in both parties: Trump, Cruz, Sanders portraying themselves as going against the establishment, even though their record shows less than that. That's why you get many who have said that if Sanders doesn't get the nomination, they'll vote for Trump. Exaggerating a little but this is like saying, if I can't vote for the commie, I'll vote for the nazi guy. It's totally irrational but that's what is at stakes in this election: pure sheer anger that blinds one rational thought. 

AllPurposeAtheist

The schtick from Reagan and republicans in general is the notion that government is the problem is very dishonest at best. If it were true that government was such a problem they wouldn't be seeking public office and instead all clamoring for the private sector and damn sure wouldn't be trying to bankrupt every sector of government with the exception of the military which is the biggest waster of tax revenue.  They're like the spouse who takes the household income to get drunk on then tells you that we're too broke to afford groceries to feed the kids.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: josephpalazzo on March 06, 2016, 05:07:17 AM
But he has shown unusual talent in tapping into the voters' anger.

-The population has been fed that everyone in the world is out to get them since when?
-It's almost the principle behind its every international policy, excuse of invasion and war
-The pillar of collective American identity and culture
-Add that the massive propaganda after 9/11, (like the previous 'commies are gonna get us')
-How the White Christian American fell as a class in the last 8 years and roiling in anger and with vengeance, created a victimhood
-there is right wing domestic terrorism in the country

But this waste of space has an 'unusual talent to tap in that anger', right? Oh boy.

It doesn't get to be something different and a special talent of an individual because this is happening in the US. Same thing happened to where I live and everyhwere around the world, in Europe etc. It's the same bullshit.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

The upper class can't afford 7 billion servants ... there will have to be a lot of pink slips.

The US working class has been in decline since 1980, not since 2008.  This was in the Powell Memo.

The only question is ... will Agenda 21 be carried out by Washington, Brussels, Moscow or Beijing.  Sorry Tokyo ... we are going to use your country to dump all our spent fuel rods ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

chill98

Quote from: josephpalazzo on March 06, 2016, 05:07:17 AM
Pretty much agree with your sentiments. The thing about Trump is not what he really says - and who knows if he means any of it. But he has shown unusual talent in tapping into the voters' anger. If anything that drives this election it is raw anger, and as irrational it is to vote on some emotions - anger or fear, or whatever - Trump just feeds into that. Back in September most political pundits thought that Trump would fold before Christmas. He didn't. Then they thought he would fold by March. Here we are, and he is stronger than anyone had predicted. Most political pundits just underestimated voters' frustration and anger. And many voters have plenty of reasons to be angry, but unfortunately often that anger is misplaced. In particular, it makes many of them gullible, susceptible to manipulation. This is reminiscent of 1980 when Reagan tapped into that sort of frustration and anger, with his slogan "Government is not the solution, but the problem". It still rings true with many Americans. And in this election, for many voters, it is anyone but someone identified with the establishment. You see it in both parties: Trump, Cruz, Sanders portraying themselves as going against the establishment, even though their record shows less than that. That's why you get many who have said that if Sanders doesn't get the nomination, they'll vote for Trump. Exaggerating a little but this is like saying, if I can't vote for the commie, I'll vote for the nazi guy. It's totally irrational but that's what is at stakes in this election: pure sheer anger that blinds one rational thought.

The fustration and anger is not misplaced nor is it irrational.  Political pundits = talking heads = used car salesmen.  While people may listen to what they say, they also compare it to what they are living and find the two aspects very different.  And that is why Trump is popular and why Sanders is giving Clinton a run for that wall street money she is so fond of.

Trump - Don't know what we will get.
Sanders - He will attempt to do everything he says, come hell or high water.  But I can't afford to pay for his plans.
Clinton -  She is untrustworthy: 
Benhgazi - throw a dumb-ass movie under the bus. 
Private mail server = unaccountability. 
Changeling/chimera =
http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/04/21/401123124/a-timeline-of-hillary-clintons-evolution-on-trade

July/August I will begin to read up on 3rd party candidates.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: chill98 on March 06, 2016, 12:32:47 PM
And that is why Trump is popular and why Sanders is giving Clinton a run for that wall street money she is so fond of.

and that's why I call it misplaced. Trump and Sanders are selling a dream, and the people marred in their anger are buying their pipe dream.