News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Returning to Catholicism

Started by Jack89, March 02, 2016, 12:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fickle

Jack89
QuoteI think my 6 months of walking in the woods last year had a lot do with changing my world view, but it wasn’t until about a month ago that I came to the realization, or as many of you will think, delusion, that God is real.

It is best to get away from other people and find your own path otherwise we simply end up following others, it is easier to follow. I had a similar journey and in the end I did not find science nor did I find religion... I found the universe. I looked upward on a calm, clear night and understood that our little world is not the world and all that stuff out there doesn't care what billions of misguided human beings believe. What we think or believe has no bearing on it in any way and we are not the center of the universe. I found life is very simple, to exist and have purpose and a true purpose to exist is the very thing lacking in our world. Why are here, what are we supposed to be doing, what should I be doing, what makes me happy?. When you find your purpose here you will find meaning in your existence and there is no church that can help you in this respect.

pr126

Hello Jack, frankly I am surprised by your choice.
Christianity is so old school, apart from being false.

The one true religion is Islam. Real men chose it, because they want to be respected.
There are so many benefits to be had, that is only available to Muslims.

Here are a few.

You can marry and have sex with a child. You already married? No problem, you can have up to four.
You will be instantly become superior to all kafirs, enslave them or kill them as the mood takes you.
Waging holy war on unbelievers is compulsory. It is called jihad.
You can take their property, it is halal to plunder them, have any number of sex slaves, it is all permitted.

Just follow the Prophet Muhammad's example, (peace be upon him), you can't go wrong.

And the after life is even better. 72 virgins, boys like pearls, ( depends on your orientation) rivers of wine, many slaves to serve you in eternity.

Well worth it. Don't believe me? It is in the Quran. Read it.
I hope you will Reconsider and go for the one True Religion Of Peace, Islam.
If know what's good for you.

Allahuakbar, brother.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: mauricio on March 02, 2016, 03:34:13 PM
In the end the main thing that matters is that you find the path that gives meaning to your existence. Otherwise everything else would be hopeless and you might as well just curl up and die.

Perhaps, but the path to swallow lies in order to live at ease is kind of pathetic. Some people don't have that choice - if you live in a repressive country, you may have to in order to survive - but if you live in a fee society that choice is less than honorable.

josephpalazzo

@ Jack89

I'm not going to wish you good luck, I just hope that one day you'll wake up.

widdershins

Catholicism (a serious post here, by the way) does seem to be more deeply ingrained than other religions.  Granted, I don't know a lot of Catholics or really care about the religion of most people I know, but the Catholics I have known have struck me as having their Catholic beliefs be an integral part of who they are, or at least, that's what they think.

Maybe there's a reason Catholic services are still medieval and ritualistic.  Maybe they discovered the proper brainwashing method centuries ago and haven't changed it since.  It makes you wonder, where would they get such advanced brainwashing skills hundreds, even thousands of years ago?

[spoiler]
Okay, mostly serious, anyway.[/spoiler]
This sentence is a lie...

Mr.Obvious

Not gonna lie; hoping you'll come back around.
But as long as you don't start proselythising and I don't start being an ass, I think we'll get allong fine.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.