A Response Towards "Racist Stereotyping" of White Culture's Racism

Started by Shiranu, February 28, 2016, 01:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Almost all of the Americans in this forum are CLOSET ATHEISTS. Most of them are white, heterosexual males.

If Donald Trump won the elections, none of them would be affected. Now think about that. What is Donald Trump, what he would/could do to America, your country and to the world, after an 8 years span you passed without rubes AND the FACT that it wouldn't affect your lives directl. Does that register anything? Some of those white het males haven't lived in a republican America as an adult. And if they come to power it won't be like any old republican America this time.

:arrow: Just a man like Donald Trump having real odds at winning the elections in his country makes the anger of any black person justified. It makes MY anger justified. MY LIFE WIL BE AFFECTED DIRECTLY if that piece of shit wins.

You are living in a fantasy world build by pretty pink delusions where nothing actually touches you in real life AND passing down judgements, some ideals of protesting -clearly you have no idea of- because you are OFFENDED.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

AllPurposeAtheist

I've gotten really fucking tired of people who claim to be offended by anything they don't immediately agree with. I'm waiting for someone to tell me just how offensive I am for not adding cream to my coffee and how it's just made their life into a living hell..
In short I'm pretty fucking sick of the drama seeking asswipes.
Yes, there are legitimate grievances people have and there are many highly offensive people out there, but everything that doesn’t quite set right with people 24/7 365 doesn't always rise to the level of being offensive.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 28, 2016, 01:56:36 PM
I disagree. Being neutral is a perfectly valid option. There are millions of problems in the world.

For some people not. For the most here in this forum, you are basically saying "it doesn't affect me, why should I do something about it or support it". While it is acceptable, I don't get the need people feel arguing against something anyone passionate about it, unless you are just acting out of being offended.

QuoteIs any one person capable of actively contributing to the solution of every problem? It's impossible, and unreasonable to expect anyone to try. People will help with whatever issues personally feel passionate about, and I think it's very arrogant to expect everyone else to care about the same things you care about.

We are talking about one main issue. Racism is a main issue and the basic problem of the world. Racism is NOT a personal issue.

That bolded part can only be said by a white man about racism.

QuoteAs for Kendrick, he's just making things worse, encouraging the division between blacks and whites by being the very kind of person he claims to hate. Nobody is going to sympathize with him. Rather, his hateful attitude will just inspire more hate from his audience. It's counterproductive and hypocritical.

Oh yeah, he needs to please white people sitting in front of their comps with his protests who are not affected by any situation or any potential change between opposites in the country, so they wouldn't be offended. One strawman after another.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

chill98

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 29, 2016, 12:40:58 AM
Look,  if you've never really seen or experienced blatant racism and disregard for human life go spend a day sitting in the local court room with a white judge in a mostly black town and watch the racism in all it's glory.  You won't hear the judge say the word nigger or any other racial slur. Oh no..They're professionals after all. What you will very likely see are a lot of black men and women get mercilessly slapped with heavy fines they can't possibly pay and outrageous jail time for minor charges.

I've been there. I stood in court and kept my mouth shut even though the judge let me go home for my offense while a black man charged with the very same crime (with a much cleaner record than me)  was hauled straight from the court room to do 90 days in jail..
This happened about 15 years ago in Dayton Ohio, not in Alabama or Texas.

Just to clarify.  You spent one (partial) day in a courtroom in Dayton Ohio and describe one black man getting a sentence that you think was unfair and are convinced it was racist and a complete disregard for human life?

I mean, I have never been to Ohio so I dont know.  But a question for you.  If I was going to travel to Dayton Ohio, as a 50 something white tourist, are there areas you would tell me to stay out of?  And if so, why?

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Dayton-Ohio.html

gentle_dissident

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 29, 2016, 04:11:29 AM
Almost all of the Americans in this forum are CLOSET ATHEISTS.

I did not know that. Was there a poll?

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 29, 2016, 04:11:29 AM
MY LIFE WIL BE AFFECTED DIRECTLY if that piece of shit wins.

It seems like he's just trying to bring the conversations out of the coffee shop so we can all address the issues together. I imagine that he speaks the language of your enemy, because he tries to connect with everyone.

aitm

Quote from: mauricio on February 28, 2016, 07:06:23 PM

Jesus christ you are fucking moron the claim was not about "shut up cops are good people" you imbecile you just fucking....

*Mod*- Mauricio, consider this a warning to tone down the bullshit attacks, there is no need for that.-aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

Quote from: gentle_dissident on February 29, 2016, 09:52:05 AM
I did not know that. Was there a poll?

Polls, threads...Not a recent poll though.

QuoteIt seems like he's just trying to bring the conversations out of the coffee shop so we can all address the issues together. I imagine that he speaks the language of your enemy, because he tries to connect with everyone.

I think you misunderstood me. I live in Turkey. We already have a Muslim Trump. If the Christian Trump -or the other- wins too we'll have two. It's certainlly will be a catastrophy for many peoples and countries out in the rest of the world. In every scenario it is a catastrophy even they got along OK.

GreatLife

I would ask that people on this particular thread go and take a test... only five minutes of your time.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html

Take the IAT on skin tone and report back, it you are not afraid of the results.

I show a moderate preference for light skin tone... how about you?

Why do I ask you to do this - because everyone has a bias... it is natural.  You just don't know it... or are in denial.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GreatLife on February 29, 2016, 12:24:39 PM
I would ask that people on this particular thread go and take a test... only five minutes of your time.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html
Take the IAT on skin tone and report back, it you are not afraid of the results.
I show a moderate preference for light skin tone... how about you?
Why do I ask you to do this - because everyone has a bias... it is natural.  You just don't know it... or are in denial.

I have posted that test here 3 times. People don't take it. Or pretend that that they don't, because noone reported back. Last ones were Sabrina and me, years ago. 

PickelledEggs

I guess I'm not bothered by people generalizing white people as 'racist' because I know I don't tend to stereotype people like I know others do. And even if I do see someone fall a bit in to a stereotype, I understand that a "black guy in a gang" isn't in a gang because it's a stereotype, it's because of a more complex issue that has me, if anything, sympathize.

People that commit crimes, like steal try to hold territory like gangs do are doing it not because they're bad people. They have been put in a "backed in to a corner" mindset and just trying to survive. It's upsetting really.

chill98

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 29, 2016, 12:52:20 PM
I guess I'm not bothered by people generalizing white people as 'racist' because I know I don't tend to stereotype people like I know others do. And even if I do see someone fall a bit in to a stereotype, I understand that a "black guy in a gang" isn't in a gang because it's a stereotype, it's because of a more complex issue that has me, if anything, sympathize.

People that commit crimes, like steal try to hold territory like gangs do are doing it not because they're bad people. They have been put in a "backed in to a corner" mindset and just trying to survive. It's upsetting really.
Seriously?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Waco_shootout

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparks_Steak_House

Would you assign the same thing to these white guys trying to holding territory?

PickelledEggs

No. It does not seem like it was about holding territory, but at the same time, it goes with my statement that people that commit crimes, a lot of times, do it for more complicated reasons than just for the sake of committing crimes.

Most people aren't mugging people on the street because they enjoy mugging them. They do it because they need the money and don't have/know the resources to get it in other ways. Most gangs in impoverished neighborhoods aren't protective against the police and outsiders coming in because they enjoy it, it's because the system has failed them so many times in the past and they don't know another way to deal with it. A lot of these gang members are inducted at a very young age and that's all they know.
...and etc

That's all I'm saying.

I haven't read the entire article you replied with, and in all seriousness, it doesn't matter what the details of it is. Sometimes the reasons for committing crimes is just because of something as simple as 'hate' or them being mentally unstable, but a lot of times it's not. Most of the time it's not.

Draconic Aiur

I'm honestly tired of being reminded every day that racism is around and because I'm white these people of different color of skin thinks it's normal to bash me for something a bunch of old fucks did in the past and a bunch of rednecks and old fucks doing today. I have only did 2 acts of racism my whole life and yes I feel bad but they were minor only because it was an act of anger of being bullied. so I do not wanna live in this hell and I don't want to see others as well so when another cultures such as African Americans start talking about their oppresive race and black panther, and black lives matter I think of blacks doing the same thing them old white fucks did but less so. When a culture does this their only spreading the hate and become the very thing they hate. And when SJW's and feminist support this shit I feel like they can go die right now, because stupid people are excessive as it is in the world today.

When I think of Black history my main thing is Martin Luther King, he was the man, why can't we be more like him?

chill98

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 29, 2016, 01:58:44 PM

No. It does not seem like it was about holding territory, but at the same time, it goes with my statement that people that commit crimes, a lot of times, do it for more complicated reasons than just for the sake of committing crimes.

Most people aren't mugging people on the street because they enjoy mugging them. They do it because they need the money and don't have/know the resources to get it in other ways. Most gangs in impoverished neighborhoods aren't protective against the police and outsiders coming in because they enjoy it, it's because the system has failed them so many times in the past and they don't know another way to deal with it. A lot of these gang members are inducted at a very young age and that's all they know.
...and etc

That's all I'm saying.

I haven't read the entire article you replied with, and in all seriousness, it doesn't matter what the details of it is. Sometimes the reasons for committing crimes is just because of something as simple as 'hate' or them being mentally unstable, but a lot of times it's not. Most of the time it's not.
Baloney.  Not your fault, its what you've been fed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Barksdale
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Hoover
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crips
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloods

They are modeled exactly like mafia/biker gangs.  The motive is the same.