News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

oh, hi!

Started by EchoSider, February 16, 2013, 10:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savior2006

Quote from: "stromboli"Sam Adams or no deal.

[hugs Stromboli]
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Sleeper

Quote from: "EchoSider"I'm pretty much an open book so feel free to ask me anything or say anything.
Are gay dudes always up for sex, or... how does that work? I've always wondered. Cuz I know that with me, my wife's always the one who has to apply the kibosh.
Because LaPlace still holds sway.

wolf39us

Sleeper

Quote from: "EchoSider"I can't speak for Texas but I think they have a fairly large gay community if I'm not mistaken.
They're called Cowboys fans. Baaaaaaa-Zingo! (I'm incredibly sorry if that was insulting at all.)

QuoteAlthough we are in fairly close proximity to the Phelps family, relatively speaking.  I've got a good video of an encounter I had with them when they came up for the premier of Kevin Smith's "Red State".  I'll post it sometime.
Yeah, you'll have to post that immediately.

Sleeper

Quote from: "wolf39us"Wtf is kibosh?
kibosh |k??bä sh; ?k??bä sh |
noun (in phrase put the kibosh on) informal
put an end to; dispose of decisively : he put the kibosh on the deal.
ORIGIN mid 19th cent.: of unknown origin.

Was basically saying that she's the one who has to say enough's enough.

Thumpalumpacus

<insert witty aphorism here>

WitchSabrina

Hope you like it here, Echo.  Welcome welcome.
 :D
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

EchoSider

Quote from: "Sleeper"
Quote from: "EchoSider"I'm pretty much an open book so feel free to ask me anything or say anything.
Are gay dudes always up for sex, or... how does that work? I've always wondered. Cuz I know that with me, my wife's always the one who has to apply the kibosh.

I'm pretty much always up for it, cause I'm just like that, but no.  Not all gay dudes are.  For instance, my man is the one who has to, as you put it, apply the kibosh.  

Here is the video of the Phelps protesting before Red State.  Things to note: at around the 16 second mark you see and hear Shirley Phelps-Roper shout, "Look out! Look out! Look out!"  I was about to step in horse shit.  I thanked her for the heads up but upon further reflection I've come to the conclusion she was warning the horse shit that I was about to step in it.  

I took this with my phone, so it's a bit shaky and shitty.  What you see near the end is the counter protest which was much bigger and fairly diverse.  Atheists, various religious groups, some school clubs, Anonymous and such.

[youtubehd:md3f2rq7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl-jCIlvn3A[/youtubehd:md3f2rq7]

Anyway, thanks for the welcomes!

Sleeper

Ahhh, the Phelps (Manson) family -  an American institution.

Tell that man of yours to remove that evil Kibosh. That's actually what God hates.

Brian37

Quote from: "EchoSider"Hey how's it goin?  You can call me Echo.

I'm 32 year old gay atheist Kansan.  My man and I have been together for 10 years this year.  I was raised catholic, baptized as an infant, and sort of came to terms with my lack of faith maybe like 6 or 7 years ago.  I don't really remember.  It was kind of a bit of a process for me.  I sort of went through trying to find something that matched what I wanted to be true until I got so worn out of trying to fit a faith into my own belief and realizing how silly such a thing was that eventually I just had to deal with what I had pretty much been denying the whole time.  I think my mom blames my partner, but actually the opposite is true.  I helped him detach from faith.

Anyhoo...  I'm hoping this could be something fun.  There's not really a lot of new activity on the other forum, so I'm looking for some cool people to hang out with on these here interwebs.  (To my TU friends, I'm not saying you're not cool.  Just saying I can be here and there at the same time.  I mean, if Wolf is doing double duty, then can't we all??)

That's all for now.  I'm pretty much an open book so feel free to ask me anything or say anything.  It takes a lot to offend me.  (No, that's not a challenge.)

GAYS,.....WHAT THE FUCK, HAS THE WORLD GAINED IT'S SANITY?

Nothing to see here, move on.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Weltfrieden

The Phelps family came to my hometown high school once but unfortunately I was unable to attend their protest.

wolf39us

I would love to see those douche cannons too!  It would be like going to a concert, but I wouldn't pay :-)

Weltfrieden

Shall we take a trip to Kansas? :idea:

EchoSider

Yea, they protest around here a lot.  You can just check their page to see when and where they'll be.  

The first time I saw them I was a freshmen in high school on a field trip to see "The Treasures of the Czars!"  On the way out they were protesting across the street with signs that read, "CZARS BRING FAGS TO AMERICA!" and the typical, "GOD HATES YOU!" signs.  I never understood why they thought that the Russians brought gays here.

Sleeper

At least they're always up on current events. More than I can say for myself.