John Oliver - On Donald Drumpf

Started by GreatLife, February 29, 2016, 12:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatLife

This is so good... I just have to share the latest John Oliver segment again.

https://youtu.be/DnpO_RTSNmQ

He takes apart Trump in a way that should have been done by the media... but of course, they won't.

drunkenshoe

It's good. It's scary.

"Please fuck off, I have a banana". "I am a vegan, therefore I know karate." "I am rich and I have the best words."

:rotflmao:

I got the Drumpfinator.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

AllPurposeAtheist

Nothing like voting for a Drumphster for president..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Hydra009

Inflated ego combined with thin skin.  Let's put him in the highest (and most criticized) position of power in the land.  That'll work out well.

DeltaEpsilon

The fireworks in my head don't ever seem to stop

SGOS

josephpalazzo

Come on, the whole American culture has been dummy down to infotainment, Trump just fits in perfectly. Trump as president will be highly entertaining. Get over it.

DeltaEpsilon

drunkenshoe

He is not an American? Oh that explains a lot. *Runs.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

DeltaEpsilon

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 29, 2016, 04:13:17 PM
Oh that explains a lot. *Runs.

What do you mean? I sincerely apologize. I have difficulty communicating sometimes.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on February 29, 2016, 04:24:18 PM
What do you mean? I sincerely apologize. I have difficulty communicating sometimes.

That wasn't for you, it was a joke generally to Americans. No need for an apology. I'll edit the post.

GreatLife

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 29, 2016, 04:13:17 PM
He is not an American? Oh that explains a lot. *Runs.

I agree that sometimes american culture is best viewed from the outside.

If you look in the comments section of the video - you will see that many americans complain about the fact that he is a foreigner who doesn't need to comment on American topics.  A way of dismissing commentary that makes you uncomfortable.