News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

"I wouldn't date a ___"

Started by Jannabear, February 21, 2016, 12:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

I don't get this trend of shaming people into being as open to loving as many different kinds of people as possible. I don't care if someone says they will only date skinny white and blond women who look like super models, have no kids, and is a black belt in 50 fighting styles. Let them be as picky as they want. It's their life.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

mauricio

Quote from: mauricio on February 21, 2016, 02:59:28 PM
Wow its amazing your incapacity to understand or properly read even such a simple and short post. Tell me when did i say anything about you insulting people? No i was talking about your lack of self awareness as you do shit like in this post dismissing people's words due to their characther traits and your perceived statistical relations between human groups and discrimination. How about we do this with women and black people instead of white males. hey the suspects are a black guy and a white guy mmm likely the criminal is the black guy so stop complaining about your imaginary white criminals. A baby was found dead murdered by one of his parents. Bet it was the women, you know women murder babies this much often than males i do not need to actually address the specifics or your argument i already know you are a black or a women statistics tell me you are the most likely culript hur dur.  Males die more often at work, silly women stop complaining about imaginary safety concerns in your jobs.
Statistics sources:
Women murder their newborns more often than males: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide

The majority of occupational deaths occur among men. In one U.S. study, 93% of deaths on the job involved men,[4] with a death rate approximately 11 times higher than women https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupational_fatality

Not like this matters that much my point is about how intellectually lazy it is to dismiss individual cases and their specifics by bringing up average trends. And using average trends to dismiss its exceptions as imaginary is so retarded i cant even that just shows you do not even understand how statistics work.

Baruch

People often lie, or just confuse themselves, with averages and percentages (of a given sub-category).  Best to just give the raw data.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: mauricio on February 21, 2016, 02:59:28 PM
Wow its amazing your incapacity to understand or properly read even such a simple and short post. Tell me when did i say anything about you insulting people? No i was talking about your lack of self awareness as you do shit like in this post dismissing people's words due to their characther traits and your perceived statistical relations between human groups and discrimination. How about we do this with women and black people instead of white males. hey the suspects are a black guy and a white guy mmm likely the criminal is the black guy so stop complaining about your imaginary white criminals. A baby was found dead murdered by one of his parents. Bet it was the women, you know women murder babies this much often than males i do not need to actually address the specifics or your argument i already know you are a black or a women statistics tell me you are the most likely culript hur dur.  Males die more often at work, silly women stop complaining about imaginary safety concerns in your jobs.

You accused me of attacking Nonsensei, while I asked a simple question to him and he gave me a simple answer which obviously a topic that is buggering you.

You are constanly insulting me and anyone who disgarees with you and generally all women. And you keep making assumptions about my opinions -which you know fuck about- you are telling me what I am thinking. I am not the person you want me to be. 

I am not black. I am white. You don't know anything about me, my experiences -which is twice is your age- or my opinions on gender issues.

Cut the crap. Grow the fuck up. You sound like an agitated SJWs on stereoids. And you have become a bore.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

mauricio

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 21, 2016, 03:18:27 PM
I don't get this trend of shaming people into being as open to loving as many different kinds of people as possible. I don't care if someone says they will only date skinny white and blond women who look like super models, have no kids, and is a black belt in 50 fighting styles. Let them be as picky as they want. It's their life.

I was called racist once because i said i do not find black women generally attractive. So what is the alternative really? Are we going full clockwork orange on people so they can get it up with anything that walks? And dont get me started on transgender people who think it is transphobic to not date them because they are transgender. That's like saying its mysoginistic for a gay man to not date women. But i do agree with the OP in the sense that we should not demonize a whole group of people due to some morons who are very vocal in that group. Some theists are very sensible, usually the agnostic ones though.

mauricio

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 21, 2016, 03:31:01 PM
You accused me of attacking Nonsensei.

Amazing this is simply a lie, it never happened. Anyone can read our brief exchange and see i never accused you of attacking nonsensei. Like you are a fascinating example of illeteracy. I skimmed the rest of your post quickly saw another lie. And implication that i though you were black? What? I never have even considered what race you are. And obviously i can bet you never addressed my actual argument about average trends and dismissing individual cases. Will edit after cleaning my puke to confirm you never addressed the argument as usual.

Edit: yep never addressed the argument just deny it. If what i said is not really an applicable critic of your position then why don't you explain your real justification for the controversial statement i originally objected too. Oh wait you can't because you did dismiss discrimination towards white het males as not real and imaginary victimhood. And you did so because your entire ideological narrative is based on how much oppressed is everyone else by the white het male of the western hegemony.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: mauricio on February 21, 2016, 03:49:10 PM
Amazing this is simply a lie, it never happened. Anyone can read our brief exchange and see i never accused you of attacking nonsensei. Like you are a fascinating example of illeteracy. I skimmed the rest of your post quickly saw another lie. And implication that i though you were black? What? I never have even considered what race you are.

Quote from: mauricio on February 21, 2016, 02:31:14 PM
Hillarious how you lack self-awareness as you yourself have tried to discredit people on this forum by attacking their characther traits like maleness, whiteness and nationality; because you just cant argue for shit.

Nonsensei is the only person I have had any exchange about American culture, white het males and discrimantion in two treads.

Quote... i do not need to actually address the specifics or your argument i already know you are a black or a women statistics tell me you are the most likely culript hur dur.

Self awareness, hur dur, puking anger, can't argue for shit...etc. You are a wet dream of a Freudian physcologist and a champion of projecting.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: gentle_dissident on February 21, 2016, 02:01:04 PM
What about one night stands?
Female only.  No need to go to politics or religion in that case.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 21, 2016, 04:09:42 PM
Female only.  No need to go to politics or religion in that case.

People still do one night stands? Cool.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 21, 2016, 03:18:27 PM
It's almost to the point of:
"You're a guy and won't have sex with another guy? You're a bigoted homophobe!!!!"
"Uhh.... no guys just aren't really my 'thing'... relax"

"You aren't attracted to black women? You're a racist pig!!!"
"Uhhh. No... I just tend to be attracted to pale white chicks, Japanese chicks, and Korean chicks... fucking relax..."

I personally don't know if I would date a religious nut or a conspiracy theorist... or a hardcore vegan or Peta activist... or a crazy Feminist....
Maybe if they were not that obsessed with it, I could overlook their religion or conspiracy theories... I can definiately overlook someone who is vegan, but not if they are pushy with it, which in my experience is that vegans always tend to push their veganism on to you. "You knowwww... you shouldn't get coffee there. They mistreat cows" Holy shit. Can I just get my over-priced cup of starbucks coffee in peace?

I tend to get frustrated when I realize someone believes something ridiculous. Things that cause me frustration, I'd rather not deal with.... so I think I might have to avoid the religious/conspiracy theory bunch.

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 21, 2016, 04:10:23 PM
People still do one night stands? Cool.
I don't.  So, the question for me is purely hypothetical.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

I'm in between being groggy and my coffee kicking in, so excuse my grumpyness... lol

mauricio

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 21, 2016, 04:03:51 PM
Nonsensei is the only person I have had any exchange about American culture, white het males and discrimantion in two treads.

I used past tense and said ON THIS FORUM

Like seriously at this point it think this just a language barrier, how can it be so hard to understand i was referring to your entire post history on this forums. Why did you assume i was talking about nonsensei and this thread i never specified anything like that. I was clearly comparing your statement here about something not happening with the fact that it has happened here on this forum and you did it.

Plus my post was nothing about insults. I do not give a fuck about insults. Its about the irrationality of arguing based on indentity politics which is based on general trends when arguing against individuals and their individual cases. And the lack of self awarene

mauricio

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 21, 2016, 04:03:51 PM

... i do not need to actually address the specifics or your argument i already know you are a black or a women statistics tell me you are the most likely culript hur dur.

Self awareness, hur dur, puking anger, can't argue for shit...etc. You are a wet dream of a Freudian physcologist and a champion of Projecting.

I was giving you hypotheticals to clearly demonstrate the failure of the position i was criticizing. I was not talking about you. I was using the royal you. I Do admit the sudden change to second person on that sentence can be sort of confusing. But really i think this is a language issue at this point considering how many times this has happened between apparently my english grammar and your reading skills add up to terrible misinterpretation.

PickelledEggs

Oh my fucking hell will everyone just relax.