Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

"I wouldn't date a ___"

Started by Jannabear, February 21, 2016, 12:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Do you realize that this:
Quote from: Jannabear on February 21, 2016, 01:15:35 AM
I'm saying that if both of you are moderate in how you view religion, why should it matter.
Says something that is very different than this:
Quote from: Jannabear on February 21, 2016, 12:34:01 AM
anyone who says they refuse to date a christian in any situation is a fucking moron.

Words matter. If the first quote is what you meant, the second quote should not have been what you said.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Baruch

This ... "I used to be this way, but I opened my eyes and realized how much of a fucking idiot I was."

Given that admission, someone might date you (the other side of your question).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Nonsensei

For me, dating a Christian wouldn't be much of a problem unless she was super devout and preachy. It just wouldn't work.

But even if she is one of those tolerant ones who isn't outwardly super religious I would still be concerned with the future. Like, if we actually got married and had kids and suddenly she wants to do all the religious bullshit and wants to make sure they are raised christian. I would have a real problem with allowing my kids to be indoctrinated. Its one of those things that can sneak up on you after its too late. Makes me wary of even dating a christian.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Nonsensei on February 21, 2016, 09:14:41 AM
Nope :)

But you enjoy complaining about something you haven't actually experienced; something that is not real when those angry women scream their heads off exactly because of this, right? :)

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Nonsensei

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 21, 2016, 10:18:33 AM

But you enjoy complaining about something you haven't actually experienced; something that is not real when those angry women scream their heads off exactly because of this, right? :)

At this point im pretty sure you're confusing me with someone else.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

gentle_dissident

I'll date anything that moves!

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Nonsensei on February 21, 2016, 10:30:07 AM
At this point im pretty sure you're confusing me with someone else.

Oh come on. You used to get furious because of a few women after ratings in a tv show laughed about castration of a man. Remember? I also saw you writing the 'white cis gender male'...blah blah routine somewhere around here. :lol:

Have you changed that much? Kudos, if you have. I'd be glad.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

i have dated men, women and children.  And even a dog or two.  But then, I guess what one means by 'a date' could make all the difference.  I've taken kids to movies--and a meal after.  I've taken women to movies--and a meal after--or not.  I've gone to cards shows and ball games with men.  I've gone to ball games with women and children.  I've been to the park with my dogs.  And children.  And wife.  All dates, I guess.  I've been with christians, muslims and maybe a shinto.  If I'm going somewhere and somebody else is interested and I seem to get along okay with them, then why not hook up????  I don't have to marry any of them..............bed any of them..............or talk religion or politics with them either.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

I was talking about a romantic date. I can't get attracted to a religious or a theist male who would start to argue why believing in a super power is valuable and needed at some point. Besides, how submissive is that? What am I going to do with a submissive male? Noone is going to believe in this, but I'm not a dominant woman. Seriously. I am attracted to masculinity and intelligence superior to mine in males. No, it doesn't conflict -even a tiny bit- with being a feminist. None. Zilch. Nada.

I do not have a problem with 'dating' anyone other than that. Apparently, I have already dated with Pickel and Philo (and his girl) from the forum according to Mike's definition.

Mike Cl

Romance?  Female and non theist only.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 21, 2016, 01:51:02 PM
Romance?  Female and non theist only.
What about one night stands?

mauricio

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 21, 2016, 10:18:33 AM

Hillarious how you lack self-awareness as you yourself have tried to discredit people on this forum by attacking their characther traits like maleness, whiteness and nationality; because you just cant argue for shit. But yeah it is definitly not a real thing, how could it be? It would go against the gospel intersectional feminist narrative.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: mauricio on February 21, 2016, 02:31:14 PM
Hillarious how you lack self-awareness as you yourself have tried to discredit people on this forum by attacking their characther traits like maleness, whiteness and nationality; because you just cant argue for shit. But yeah it is definitly not a real thing, how could it be? It would go against the gospel intersectional feminist narrative.

I didn't insult anyone. I asked a question and he answered me. And I made my comment on his answer.

Highly likely, none of the white het males here ever experienced any discrimination, yet they cannot shut up about an imaginary victimhood. Bothers/offends you? Tough.

mauricio

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 21, 2016, 02:38:41 PM
I didn't insult anyone. I asked a question and he answered me. And I made my comment on his answer.

Highly likely, none of the white het males here ever experienced any discrimination, yet they cannot shut up about an imaginary victimhood. Bothers/offends you? Tough.

Wow its amazing your incapacity to understand or properly read even such a simple and short post. Tell me when did i say anything about you insulting people? No i was talking about your lack of self awareness as you do shit like in this post dismissing people's words due to their characther traits and your perceived statistical relations between human groups and discrimination. How about we do this with women and black people instead of white males. hey the suspects are a black guy and a white guy mmm likely the criminal is the black guy so stop complaining about your imaginary white criminals. A baby was found dead murdered by one of his parents. Bet it was the women, you know women murder babies this much often than males i do not need to actually address the specifics or your argument i already know you are a black or a women statistics tell me you are the most likely culript hur dur.  Males die more often at work, silly women stop complaining about imaginary safety concerns in your jobs.

PickelledEggs