43 years of solidary confinement

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, February 20, 2016, 04:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Albert Woidfox was finally released today from the prison in Angola Louisiana.
QuoteIt’s an evil. Solitary confinement is the most torturous experience a human being can be put through in prison. It’s punishment without ending.

“We have got to stop this, and having been a victim of it for so long myself, that’s what I’m going to do.”

I can't even imagine 43 years of solitary confinement. I spent a week locked up alone in jail once and it felt like a few years. To put it in perspective I was 13 years old when he was put in that cage. I'm 56 now. 43 years is beyond torture. It's inhumane to say the least, but more than that it's worse than execution.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/20/albert-woodfox-angola-3-first-interview-trump-confinement
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

TomFoolery

Human beings weren't meant to be alone in a confined place for that long. I've read studies where it messes with nearly every mental and psychological process you have when you can only guess at the time of day based on the food being shoved through a hole in the door.

Just to be a bitch, I read the title and was actually curious to see if you actually intended to write "solidary confinement" as it would imply the exact opposite of "solitary confinement." English is dumb.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

stromboli

That is disgusting. But it shows the incredible resilience of the human mind and what it can endure.

The Skeletal Atheist

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

gentle_dissident

How many people looked the other way? How many people look the other way every day all over my country? Power does weird things to people.

drunkenshoe

How is this legal? WHy is this legal?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

AllPurposeAtheist

He spent almost half of my father's life in solitary.. My dad just recently turned 87.
You know..sometimes I like to bitch about my life and how hard it is, but when I read about people like Albert Woodfox my problems feel pretty damn small.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.