Two video's on how politicians are dealing with science

Started by Gerard, March 23, 2016, 07:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerard

It's about how stupid the people on the House commission for science are. I mean however you want to defend your stance.... showing you're your just ignorant or incapable is not the way to go about this. Second video is a reaction to that by a person you may know....

Gerard

Baruch

I don't go to a carpenter to get my teeth fixed.  I don't go to a politician for anything ;-)  If it isn't working, stop trying the same old shit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

dtq123

"These motherfuckers would have already made it rain in nerd town. Trust me"
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

drunkenshoe

The real parts of the Daily Show vid is pretty scary. I couldn't laugh to most of his jokes.

But I think, even though 'other countries looking up to America to do the right thing' is again very politically distorted, Obama is right about the effect and the influence; bluntly the fucking impact of a possible Republican president in US -IN THIS CLIMATE- that would have on the 20 and so on the other countries and populations around the world.

Not one OK ending scenario for anyone, let alone any good.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 24, 2016, 08:42:43 AM
The real parts of the Daily Show vid is pretty scary. I couldn't laugh to most of his jokes.

But I think, even though 'other countries looking up to America to do the right thing' is again very politically distorted, Obama is right about the effect and the influence; bluntly the fucking impact of a possible Republican president in US -IN THIS CLIMATE- that would have on the 20 and so on the other countries and populations around the world.

Not one OK ending scenario for anyone, let alone any good.

Y'all need to attack the US/4th Reich, while you still can!  Otherwise we will make y'all eat hotdogs and hamburgers, especially the vegetarians.  No tofu burgers for you!  Demonize the US ... been done ever since 1775, starting with the British.  Bring it on, like Donkey Kong, there are 7 billion people who need .. pounding <sarc>
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.