News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rubio: Morning in Canada

Started by Hydra009, February 17, 2016, 12:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Sometimes, I like to watch GOP ads just to see how the other half perceives the world.  And holy shit, this one is hilarious!

QuoteA new campaign advert for US presidential candidate Marco Rubio is promising a return to "morning in America," but the ad has the sun rising over the Canadian city of Vancouver.
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-35589655

"Today, more men and women are out of work than ever before in our nation's history"
More than ever before, eh?  That's a pretty bold statement.  Let's see if the data backs it up.  And it doesn't.  What a surprise.

"People paying more in taxes than they will food food, housing, and clothing combined."
It's roughly 20%.  Meanwhile, food, housing, and clothing make up a whopping 60%.  So yeah, this ad is full of bullshit.

"Nearly 20 trillion dollars in debt, double what it was just 8 years ago"
That part is true.

"Growing threats and growing government."
It's funny how often conservatives conflate these two terms.  You'd think government was a synonym for ISIS.

"Our country is more vulnerable, divided, and diminished that ever before."

"Why would we ever want 4 more years again?"
*raises hand*
Because they have way better platforms than their contenders.  And they're not nearly as bad as the Right portrays them as.  Meanwhile, the Right is a mess.  Fighting fights that they've already lost, like gay marriage and abortion.   Pandering to fundamentalists.  Picking the wrong side of virtually every issue.  And Rubio wonders why the GOP hasn't been in the White House for 8 years.  Well, the way things are looking, he's going to have to wonder for at least 4 more years.

TomFoolery

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 17, 2016, 12:43:20 PM
"Today, more men and women are out of work then ever before in our nation's history"
Let us also not forget that for most of our nation's history, people that were employed and not farming were either slaves, indentured servants, or spending 12-16 hours a day, seven days a week in factories making a pittance.

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 17, 2016, 12:43:20 PM"Nearly 20 trillion dollars in debt, double what it was just 8 years ago"
Let's not forget 8 years ago the Great Recession hadn't officially started yet, but had been a tide slowly growing in the middle of the ocean and waiting to strike the coast as a tsunami for years thanks to economic policies on behalf of Clinton and Bush.

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 17, 2016, 12:43:20 PM"Our country is more vulnerable, divided, and diminished that ever before."
I blame the Internet. Knowledge is power: knowledge in 140 characters or less is useless, but that's the way we live now.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

stromboli

Felt this was appropriate. By Canadian Cat Stevens, aka Yusuf Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXWI6ISkzlI