The closed mind is the Atheists mind

Started by neiswander, January 28, 2016, 04:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Baruch

Right back at you.  I know G-d personally, and I can confirm, that like in the Book of Job ... G-d is a dick.  Since I don't like dicks, I may not only know G-d rather than merely believe in the Tooth Fairy, I don't like G-d.  This is G-d's problem, not mine ... G-d could choose to be less a dick to Job, and everyone else.

I don't need any logic or fiction to know G-d ... I just have to move one of my fingers ... but the "fickle finger of fate" waits for no man.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

neiswander

EVOLUTION IS THE MOST PLAUSIBLE THEORY. Are you for real. I guess we have to go back to grade school
.plau·si·ble
/ˈplôzəb(ə)l/
adjective: plausible
(of an argument or statement) seeming reasonable or probable.       >THIS IS GONNA BE FUN.<

Here is the MATHEMATICAL PROBABILITY  for EVOLUTION BEING remotely plausible.   
According to the most-widely accepted theory of evolution today, the sole mechanism for producing evolution is that of random mutation combined with natural selection. Mutations are random changes in genetic systems. Natural selection is considered by evolutionists to be a sort of sieve, which retains the "good" mutations and allows the others to pass away.

Since random changes in ordered systems almost always will decrease the amount of order in those systems, nearly all mutations are harmful to the organisms which experience them  Thus, the probability for the success of each mutation is assumed to be one out of two, or one-half. Elementary statistical theory shows that the probability of 200 successive mutations being successful is then (½)200, or one chance out of 1060. The number 1060, if written out, would be "one" followed by sixty "zeros." In other words, the chance that a 200-component organism could be formed by mutation and natural selection is less than one chance out of a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion! Lest anyone think that a 200-part system is unreasonably complex, it should be noted that even a one-celled plant or animal may have millions of molecular "parts."

Poison Tree

Quote from: neiswander on January 28, 2016, 07:00:50 PM
According to the most-widely accepted theory of evolution today, the sole mechanism for producing evolution is that of random mutation combined with natural selection.
Not true.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

neiswander

IF THAT ISNT TRUE THEN evolution is an even bigger impossibility. BUT THATS WHERE WE ARE FOLKS BLIND FAITH NO MATTER WHAT THE ODDS. JUST A DETERMINATION TO BE A FOOL. FACTS DONT MATTER  I JUST WANNA FEEL GOOD AND BEING WRONG MAKES ME FEEL BAD ABOUT MYSELF SO ITS EASIER TO JUST PRETEND.

josephpalazzo

We have no explanation for X, therefore God... :043:

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: neiswander on January 28, 2016, 06:41:59 PM
IM JUST GETTING STARTED

Dude, chill out would ya?

I swear you guys, our chewtoys are become increasingly less impressive. Which, ironically, is a feat when they are all spewing bullshit.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Poison Tree

Quote from: neiswander on January 28, 2016, 07:15:28 PM
IF THAT ISNT TRUE THEN evolution is an even bigger impossibility.
You never heard of reproduction?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

SoldierofFortune

something that can be reasoned can't be belief; it becomes knowledge...if you have knowledge, you simply know, not believe...first learn the language : )

TomFoolery

He got banned already? Meh, it's probably for the best. It's like he wasn't even trying.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Blackleaf

Quote from: neiswander on January 28, 2016, 06:41:59 PM
HEHE MY MAIN REASON FOR MAKING THIS STATEMENT WAS SIMPLY TO ENTICE A DEBATE WITH FOOLS.. Just wanted to have a little fun so here we go:
To the Humanists you have to be perfect to write your own rules and we cant prove anything about anything yet so you arent smart enough to write rules because they would mean absolutley 'ZERO' if you cant prove anything.. Science is 90% imagination and that is what you put your faith in mans "imagination." FUNNY!!! The first Humanist manifesto claimed humanism was a religion and INDEED IT IS. THE WORSHIP OF MANKIND      BLIND FAITH IN FOOLS.   
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/shroud-of-turin-real-jesus_n_2971850.html
To the God Haters: or so called Atheists who think God is a fairy tale and spend all their time trying to prove he doesnt exist. WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? THAT HE MIGHT BE REAL? Santa Claus and Fairies are myths I dont see you hating on them.
YOU WANT SOMETHING TO SALIVATE OVER OK. How about something from YOUR HUFFINGTON POST:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/shroud-of-turin-real-jesus_n_2971850.html

IM JUST GETTING STARTED

At the risk of feeding the troll...

Matthew 5:22b - "And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell."

You're going to Hell, bud. Can I tell you about my Lord and Savior Satan? He's a great guy. Lets you do whatever you want, so long as you offer him a cute puppy as sacrifice and drink its blood, you're cool with him. You should join us for potluck this weekend.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Draconic Aiur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: neiswander on January 28, 2016, 04:05:22 PM
Reasonable faith is OBJECTIVE faith with real and enormous evidence. BLIND FAITH IS faith with very little or no real evidence to support their SUBJECTIVE belief. The only thing Science has done for evolution is proving the enormous faith that they have in their faith that men dont make mistakes. Which is BLIND FAITH.  Just like Muslims they have faith in mans infallability or in other words Blind faith.
You forgot to slander the Zoroastrians and Rosicrucians. Please try harder next time.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers