The closed mind is the Atheists mind

Started by neiswander, January 28, 2016, 04:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomFoolery

Quote from: neiswander on January 28, 2016, 06:41:59 PM
YOU WANT SOMETHING TO SALIVATE OVER OK. How about something from YOUR HUFFINGTON POST:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/shroud-of-turin-real-jesus_n_2971850.html

Not my Huffington Post.  :67:

Besides, this two year old link comes from Huffington Post Religion. That sounds more like your Huffington Post.

Besides, that article uses science. And we all know how you feel about the BLIND FAITH of science, though you have to admit there's a significant amount of irony in your putting blind faith in a religion based on the "supposed" authenticity of a piece of linen.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Hijiri Byakuren

This kid is nuttier than candy bar shit.

I'll make a proper response when I get home this afternoon.

Secretly a Warsie.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

widdershins

Well, that didn't last long.  Not that I was relishing rehashing this old garbage argument AGAIN to another moron who would choose not to understand.
This sentence is a lie...

SGOS

Quote from: widdershins on January 29, 2016, 04:10:43 PM
Well, that didn't last long.  Not that I was relishing rehashing this old garbage argument AGAIN to another moron who would choose not to understand.
Shit!  I thought he was just getting started.  What a flop.

widdershins

Quote from: SGOS on January 29, 2016, 04:44:42 PM
Shit!  I thought he was just getting started.  What a flop.
Quit complaining.  I didn't even get a nibble before it was all gone.

The Skeletal Atheist

Random CAPS? I'm CONVINCED! Repent AND SPREAD EAGLE FOR JEBUS!

Sent from Hell

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

aitm

IM JUST GETTING STARTED

Yeah, when that is in the second post i can assure you the rest is not going to get any better.v As Barney Fife would say,, "Nip it, nip it in the bud"
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Science is not the thing most people believe it to be. Some think science only produces good things ignoring the bad such as nuclear weapons,  toxic chemicals and so on. Many theists see science as the devils work, but gladly accept the fruits of science everyday,  the automobile, pasturized milk and so on.  Most things in science are known things and have been proven many times over whereas nothing about faith has ever been proven.
You have no point other than to prove to us that you don't have a point worth discussing.  Goodbye.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Johan

More and more trolls will become more and more annoying for less and less time....
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

widdershins

I know this guy is long gone (and good riddance), but I just realized that this is one of my major pet peeves with religious people.  I am an agnostic atheist.  I do not believe there are any gods and find the idea ludicrous, however I freely admit that I may be wrong and am open to changing my mind if someone could offer me some better reason to believe than bullshit "What if you're wrong?" arguments and, essentially, "Because X says so" where X is the Bible, your pastor, you...whoever.  Yet this douchebag, who would likely freely admit that he believes he is absolutely right and there is nothing you or anyone could to to change his mind, thinks that he is more open minded than me.  I actually had an old Catholic acquaintance say the same thing once.  How the hell is "I believe absolutely and my mind cannot be changed" more open-minded than "I believe this is not true, but am open to any evidence you have to show"?  These twats don't even bother to try to understand the words and phrases they use and have no desire to use them correctly.  It's really annoying.

doorknob

man I missed it again! Oh well maybe next time.

Yeah this guy was ready for intelligent discussion and debate. Obviously! Well sayonara sucker!

Munch

HEHE MY MAIN REASON FOR MAKING THIS STATEMENT WAS SIMPLY TO ENTICE A DEBATE WITH FOOLS..

Aww, I missed all the fun with this one, dam work review
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

widdershins

Quote from: Munch on February 02, 2016, 07:57:36 AM
Aww, I missed all the fun with this one, dam work review
I know, right?  Stupid work is always getting in the way of not working for me too...well, sort of.  I'm at work right now, actually.

SGOS

I for one am turning over a new leaf.  I'm going to try to keep a more open mind.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on February 02, 2016, 12:35:21 PM
I for one am turning over a new leaf.  I'm going to try to keep a more open mind.

Adult, intelligent, non-ideological ... would be good.  Open minded ... has some baggage ... like believing in Roswell aliens.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.