News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Progress

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, January 26, 2016, 02:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solomon Zorn

Look, I although I probably despise Islam, more than most other religions, I despise all religions.

IDEALLY, I would like to see a secular world with heart. Everyone would figure out that they had been fooled by their holy books and divine laws, and embrace some kind of universal love themed moral compass, unburdened by superstition.

PRAGMATICALLY, that will never happen. So Christians will have to share the world with Muslims, for long after this generation is buried.

Our best hope is for a maturing of mainstream Islam, to a more secular sensibility. If this summit isn't a step in the right direction, then what could Muslims do that you wouldn't piss on?
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: pr126 on January 27, 2016, 07:07:21 AM
Apropo The ISIS are the good Muslims. According to Islam's teachings. They follow Muhammad's example.

Bad Muslims ignore Or do not know Islam's teachings.
Don't misunderstand me, I don't mean "good Muslims", I mean good people who are Muslim.

pr126

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on January 28, 2016, 01:12:49 PM
Don't misunderstand me, I don't mean "good Muslims", I mean good people who are Muslim.
Good people who happen to be Muslims do not drive Islam. Even if the were in the majority.

Good Muslims who follow Muhammad's teachings do. They have the power, money and weapons.
They have the determination and focus. And the theology is on their side.
And their job is made easy by the western stupidity, greed and cupidity. Let's not forget complicity.

That is the reality.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: pr126 on January 28, 2016, 01:40:41 PM
Good people who happen to be Muslims do not drive Islam. Even if they were in the majority.

Good Muslims who follow Muhammad's teachings do. They have the power, money and weapons.
They have the determination and focus. And the theology is on their side.
Even if this is true, why piss on their attempt to make some positive changes? Do you have something better in mind?

Baruch

Generalizing ... good people of any orientation ... are tolerable to live around.  Bad people of any orientation ... are intolerable to live around.  The idea that the Europeans have suddenly and permanently become good people ... is naive.  The present generation has completely forgotten WW II.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on January 28, 2016, 03:29:48 PM
Even if this is true, why piss on their attempt to make some positive changes? Do you have something better in mind?
I am not pissing on anything.
My opinions will not change history.

I am not subscribing to the postmodernist relativistic ideology that states - if I am nice then everybody else must be nice too.
Several millennia of history proves that humans are not like that at all.

If I have something better in mind?
Yes. Tell the truth about Islam the same way that you speak about Christianity.
But you cannot do that until you actually know about real Islam.
That means learning about it. Not from Muslims or their apologists.

Baruch

All political systems are evil, because people are evil.  Is that sufficiently absolute for you?  But being a person, and thus being evil myself ... I can't be hypocritical enough to be completely against this state of affairs.  I don't like it, but then I am not completely opposed.

You know that using big words makes people's heads hurt.  Nobody here cares for postmodernist relativistic ideology as a thing.  Speaking only for myself, I often state absolute ideology.  And I follow Bronze Age beliefs ... hardly postmodernist.

The truth is ... I am a humanitarian.  So I can't hate humanity, even if it deserves it.  I can't love myself, and hate humanity, because I am human.  So while I am annoyed with evil, I am cool with it.  You need to be cool with evil, not be a puritan (like Salafists are).

If humanity chooses to exterminate itself with WMD ... I will be severely annoyed.  But cool with it ... because I am evil, just like you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.