News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Woman on Male Sexual Assault

Started by Jannabear, January 28, 2016, 02:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 30, 2016, 06:04:33 PM
Like.... I was driving the other day and had my phone between my legs... All of a sudden my phone rings and boom! Boner. At the worst time ever. I wasn't even thinking about anything other than the rout I was taking to the grocery store... Dicks suck. Really. Fuck dicks.

But.. there so beautiful :(

Look how much japan celebrates him.

look how happy they all are

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Nonsensei

Unfortunately I don't think this issue will ever be taken seriously, and not because feminists wont give it the time of day, or because people like strombolu think its impossible. Its really because the media won't cover it.

Like it or not, in the eyes of the country women are much more sympathetic as victims of...well pretty much anything. Rape, fraud, murder, beatings, unkind words. If it happens to a woman people get upset. Men? Maybe if a male gets a horrible disease or loses his job due to a downturned economy, people might feel some minor twinge of sympathy but even then its like "tough break bro". In general men are expected to deal, no matter what happens to them.

Since the media is about sensationalism, and men do not make good sympathetic characters, bad stuff that happens to men simply doesn't really make it into the news. Even super "sexy" stuff like murder, male victims don't enjoy nearly the same media coverage.

Why does this matter? Like it or not the overwhelming majority of the US population permits their views and opinions to be formed for them by major media outlets and its a very real thing that if the media doesn't report on something then people assume it either doesn't exist or isn't a big enough deal to make the news.

We're using them to form our view of reality while they're really just trying to keep us entertained long enough to collect ad revenue.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Mermaid

Quote from: Nonsensei on January 30, 2016, 11:42:44 PM
Unfortunately I don't think this issue will ever be taken seriously, and not because feminists wont give it the time of day, or because people like strombolu think its impossible. Its really because the media won't cover it.

I think it's more largely a cultural, "men will be men" kind of thing than anything else. We sure have our cultural views of sex roles by gender, and anything that challenges that is met with some pretty ugly stuff.

I consider myself a feminist, and I assure you nothing is further from the truth that we don't "give it the time of day".

The mistake here is people who do not belong to any group diminishing the experiences of that group. My being a feminist does not by any stretch diminish the experiences of men. At all. This seems to be the vibe in this forum in general.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

aitm

I want a Japanese maid….wat? I can want.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mermaid on January 31, 2016, 11:11:55 AM
I think it's more largely a cultural, "men will be men" kind of thing than anything else. We sure have our cultural views of sex roles by gender, and anything that challenges that is met with some pretty ugly stuff.

I consider myself a feminist, and I assure you nothing is further from the truth that we don't "give it the time of day".

The mistake here is people who do not belong to any group diminishing the experiences of that group. My being a feminist does not by any stretch diminish the experiences of men. At all. This seems to be the vibe in this forum in general.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

_Xenu_

Guys, I was abused myself as a kid. While I do not fall into this particular category, there are definitely people who do.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=69&page=1
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home