"Pro Life" Woman kills Newborn Twins to Avoid Embarrassment

Started by stromboli, March 21, 2013, 01:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://moralcompassblog.com/2013/03/21/ ... after-all/

QuoteLindsey Lowe, 26, has always been an exemplary Christian. For three generations, her family attended City Road Chapel United Methodist Church in Madison, TN. Lowe was baptized and confirmed there. She was also a member of the youth group and, indeed, grew up in the church. She is a 2004 graduate of Goodpasture Christian School in Madison. On her Facebook page, Lowe listed the Bible as one of her favorite books. She performed her job at a local pediatric dentist office with pleasant cheer.

She was often seen toting the Good Book, and just the other day she faced her friends and family, pointed up, and said, "I'm OK. I love you all. He's with me."

What made her offer them such reassurance? This:

A jury found a 26-year-old Tennessee woman guilty of murder Tuesday in the 2011 smothering deaths of newborn twins found in her laundry basket. The jury of seven men and five women convicted Lindsey Lowe, of suburban Nashville, of felony murder, premeditated murder and aggravated child abuse. ...

QuoteAt trial, jurors saw a video of Lowe telling police she had given birth alone on Sept. 12, 2011, in the bathroom of her parents' home on a quiet cul-de-sac in an upper-middle-class neighborhood. The bodies weren't found until two days later. A family member discovered one baby dead in a laundry basket at the home in Hendersonville, 20 miles northeast of Nashville. When police arrived to investigate, officers found the second body under a bloody sheet in the same basket.

Lovely detail:

Lowe was engaged at the time but became pregnant during an affair with another man, jurors were told. She hid the pregnancy from her family and friends.

Oh, and also from her fiancé, natch, so as not to "disappoint" him.

When she gave birth to twins, in September 2011, she promptly suffocated them and discarded the little bodies in the hamper.

After the jury verdict on Tuesday, the presiding judge sentenced Lowe to life in prison.

Twisted thinking, religious style.

the_antithesis

Well, at least she didn't have an abortion.

Fluffhead

who the hell even has sex with such an woman?  :Hangman:
[size=150]
?But I Sure Have Some Powerful Pills?
[/size][/color]

stromboli

Quote from: "the_antithesis"Well, at least she didn't have an abortion.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Colanth

I guess "thou shall not do" something that's not even in the Bible trumps one of the 10 commandments.  Salad Bar Christianity at its worst.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Colanth"I guess "thou shall not do" something that's not even in the Bible trumps one of the 10 commandments.  Salad Bar Christianity at its worst.

I grew up in TN and can attest that unless things have changed - critical thinking isn't exactly taught nor promoted.  It's a lot more about what the church says what is what....   bible, 10 commandments, so forth be [s:2g2y683z]damned[/s:2g2y683z] ignored.
I remember returning from philosophy class in college to pose some fairly straight forward questions to our preacher - to which he responded: "You'd better discuss those things with your mother."   I remember being totally shocked; thinking holy sweet jesus if he was sending me to my mother for answers he was either an asshole OR a crazy person OR really bad at his job - all answers may apply.

Let's all remember getting to the bottom of things isn't exactly the way of life in church-going Tennesseans. Not when you can gloss it over with lip gloss, a letter jacket from High School football and maybe spit some tobacco juice on it.  The level of 'don't argue with yurr Mama' when I grew up there was epic.  And yurr Mama may just believe and buy into some pretty incredible shit.   You are screwed.   I've affectionately nicknamed it Generational Retardation.

Sad thing - I can honestly see this gal smothering her babies in a laundry basket instead of wishing to disappoint her parents or her boyfriend.  Poor thing - in the world she lived in (if anything like mine there)  she made the best choice she could have.  

Yeah............it's that bad.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Plu

It's a good thing she's going to prison for life. That's well deserved.

aitm

Quote from: "Fluffhead"[ Image ]
who the hell even has sex with such an woman?  :Hangman:

she gots a purty mouth...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Plu

She's not exactly ugly. Although the stupid would probably be a major turn-off for me, because you can see it in her eyes.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "aitm"she gots a purty mouth...
If that was all they used, she wouldn't have gotten pregnant.

aitm

it appears she must have wanted to get caught. I mean, sheesh, leave them in the laundry basket for someone else to what? Wash them?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jason78

What happens inside a persons head that would make them do something like that?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

stromboli

Quote from: "aitm"it appears she must have wanted to get caught. I mean, sheesh, leave them in the laundry basket for someone else to what? Wash them?

Right. She was obviously not the valedictorian of the swift minded. Simply proper disposal of the bodies would've solved the problem.

Hydra009

How the hell do you hide a pregnancy from your spouse?  I mean physically hide it.  Isn't it sort of obvious after a few months?

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Hydra009"How the hell do you hide a pregnancy from your spouse?  I mean physically hide it.  Isn't it sort of obvious after a few months?

Apparently you've missed that new reality show about pregnant and didn't know (?)
I've not seen it either but I did hear about it.  Guess some women just appear to have gained weight - like all over.
Some of us look ready to deliver with a basketball stuck to our bellies by our 5th month.  

http://health.discovery.com/tv-shows/i- ... egnant.htm
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.