Police Brutality Against Motorcyclist

Started by Shiranu, January 23, 2016, 02:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 24, 2016, 12:28:06 PM
Because while the criminals are a minority, the majority are enablers, and the enablers will remove you for being a "shit-disturber."
That seems like an undesirable situation that probably ought to change.

aitm

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 24, 2016, 09:19:23 PM

It is easy….make being a police officer less dangerous. Demand that criminals surrender immediately.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Baruch on January 24, 2016, 07:16:23 PMIt is a target rich environment.  In my understanding, almost all adults are criminals ... and I am one also, as I have mentioned before.  Shoe was responsible for my satori ;-)

I am familiar with the content of "Three Felonies a Day", but that doesn't excuse the police who cover up for real and legitimate sleazebags in their ranks.

When I say a good cop goes after a bad cop, I'm not talking about those who break some obscure innocuous law, and you know that.  "Gee you bought a guitar that was made from imported wood that we don't have an import treaty with, you are a criminal."  No.  I'm referring to real crimes as you well know, such as assault, murder, theft, rape, etc.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Hydra009

Quote from: aitm on January 24, 2016, 09:27:13 PMIt is easy….make being a police officer less dangerous. Demand that criminals surrender immediately.
I'm not following you.  Ethics on the job is a bust unless the job is safe?  (Can the job ever truly be safe?)

aitm

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 24, 2016, 09:58:38 PM
I'm not following you.  Ethics on the job is a bust unless the job is safe?  (Can the job ever truly be safe?)

To be fair, even bakers have people shooting at them on a daily basis if the donuts are too crispy eh? We in construction are familiar with dangers but we don't normally have people shooting at us….so…you know….ethics is easy when no one is trying to kill you.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: aitm on January 24, 2016, 10:03:19 PM
To be fair, even bakers have people shooting at them on a daily basis if the donuts are too crispy eh? We in construction are familiar with dangers but we don't normally have people shooting at us….so…you know….ethics is easy when no one is trying to kill you.
I don't think you need armchair ethics to tell you that kicking an unarmed man off a motorcycle is uncalled for, especially if he's not making a concerted effort to get away.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

Plus, as Shiranu pointed out, this sort of behavior wouldn't be acceptable for a cashier, no matter the situation.  How then, is in acceptable for a cop?

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 24, 2016, 10:10:43 PM
I don't think you need armchair ethics to tell you that kicking an unarmed man off a motorcycle is uncalled for, especially if he's not making a concerted effort to get away.

It is, however, incredibly difficult to think that people who would kick unarmed people off motorcycles should be arrested.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 24, 2016, 09:19:23 PM
If  that's the actual situation I would agree.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

gentle_dissident

If the police could be reminded that they're part of the executive branch, the judicial branch might be allowed to make the 1st cut, as allowed in our holy constitution.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.