Bigotry among feminists and mras

Started by Jannabear, January 23, 2016, 02:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jannabear

Someone declaring they aren't a feminist isn't the equivalent of declaring you're against women's rights.
The same as someone saying they're not an mra isn't the equivalent of declaring you're against men's rights.
I've heard both of these sentiments lately and it's fucking retarded.
It's basically the equivalent of a christian saying you don't support the 10 commandments so you support murder.
That's how fucking stupid it sounds.

Baruch

Bigotry is universal, particularly among the self-righteous.  People are defined by what they are for and what they are against.  What they are against, we say is the result of bigotry (antipathy actually).  What they are for, we say is the result of idolatry (pathy actually).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

stromboli

Quote from: Baruch on January 23, 2016, 03:47:51 AM
Bigotry is universal, particularly among the self-righteous.  People are defined by what they are for and what they are against.  What they are against, we say is the result of bigotry (antipathy actually).  What they are for, we say is the result of idolatry (pathy actually).

Bigotry may be universal but a considerable amount of it is based on simple ignorance of the facts. The reason so many people are leaving religion is because with a wider and more readily available library-the internet-a greater audience has access to a bigger picture. A good example is the fact that the last policy change by the Mormon church, which in olden days would have simply slid under the radar. And even if made known to the body of the church, would have at best received a shrug.

This time it resulted in more than 3,000 immediate resignations and the stream of people leaving is getting bigger, not smaller. And the people leaving- a large number, quite probably more than 50% - are becoming atheists. Even if people still have antipathy toward an issue, as long as they don't act outright and tend to adopt a wait and see attitude, their minds can be changed.

There may be vocal groups opposing change and there are many of them, but hopefully people will  be logical enough to figure out the BS and move on. there is certainly a great deal to be negative about, but dwelling on the negative and not working to overcome it serves no purpose and changes nothing.

AllPurposeAtheist

What? There are a shitload of stupid bastards everywhere? When did THAT shit start? Man! This is shocking...
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: stromboli on January 23, 2016, 04:10:55 AM
Bigotry may be universal but a considerable amount of it is based on simple ignorance of the facts. The reason so many people are leaving religion is because with a wider and more readily available library-the internet-a greater audience has access to a bigger picture. A good example is the fact that the last policy change by the Mormon church, which in olden days would have simply slid under the radar. And even if made known to the body of the church, would have at best received a shrug.

This time it resulted in more than 3,000 immediate resignations and the stream of people leaving is getting bigger, not smaller. And the people leaving- a large number, quite probably more than 50% - are becoming atheists. Even if people still have antipathy toward an issue, as long as they don't act outright and tend to adopt a wait and see attitude, their minds can be changed.

There may be vocal groups opposing change and there are many of them, but hopefully people will  be logical enough to figure out the BS and move on. there is certainly a great deal to be negative about, but dwelling on the negative and not working to overcome it serves no purpose and changes nothing.

Transparency is kryptonite for the Elite in government and corporations.  Religion is a corporation, except when it is a government.  Transparency is anti-Christ for the Constantinian BS that has been raping the world for 1700 years now.  This is why the section of the Pentagon, that had the paperwork showing 2 trillion dollars missing, had to be destroyed the next day, on 9/11.  This is why Bld 7 had to fall ... it had the Enron paperwork in it.  No transparency for you, sucker/voter/taxpayer.  Illuminati doing pedophilia and murder of children in a secret castle in Belgium etc ... with Bush and attending, islands and airplanes of underage girls with Clinton attending ... none of your damn business.  But the CIA knows, and tells them what to do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jannabear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on January 23, 2016, 04:36:48 AM
What? There are a shitload of stupid bastards everywhere? When did THAT shit start? Man! This is shocking...
But feminism and mra are both loaded with it.

Baruch

Quote from: Jannabear on January 23, 2016, 05:21:26 AM
But feminism and mra are both loaded with it.

You can blame the public, or blame the leadership.  The public doesn't know squat ... but the leaders do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

I have never seen anyone complain this much on a forum.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

AllPurposeAtheist

Well Mermaid..the entire world is out to get this person.. Sad, isn't it?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Mermaid on January 23, 2016, 09:48:44 AM
I have never seen anyone complain this much on a forum.
Maybe Jannabear has had a tough time finding an echo chamber and thinks this forum can fulfill that role.

Secretly a Warsie.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Nonsensei

People come here to discuss issues that matter to them.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Shiranu

I wouldn't call what you are doing discussing though, no more than pr's tirades are "discussing" Islam.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

This is not discussing an issue that matters to you or complaining about something. She is obsessive and hurting herself. She is angry and in pain. She sounds isolated and already dealing with a major process. This doesn't give any results which is more frustrating. Self destructive and meaningless waste of time and energy. This doesn't end well. She'll feel bad about doing this to herself years later and feel guilty about it.

It's not worth it, Jannabear. Your life is going to be difficult as it is. You need yourself. Your energy, strength, mental health. SJWs and MRAs trend will end and another one will come up. It will be as silly as this one. Then again, and again and over again. It's not worth it to get angry and hold a destructive grudge about it.

Personally, I don't believe that you are angry to a couple of groups out there. Or some world issue about hunger or capitalism. There is something else behind all this and you are expressing/dealing with it this way. Dig it up and deal with that. Why are you so angry? Who are you angry at? Yourself? Your parents? Everyone? Being born with the 'wrong' gender? The whole bullshit you have to put up with it? Throw it out. Scream.

Talk about something real. Don't tell me you are angry at a bunch of spoilt brats with made up problems.

Yeah I'm an annoying bitch.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 23, 2016, 01:26:49 PM
This is not discussing an issue that matters to you or complaining about something. She is obsessive and hurting herself. She is angry and in pain. She sounds isolated and already dealing with a major process. This doesn't give any results which is more frustrating. Self destructive and meaningless waste of time and energy. This doesn't end well. She'll feel bad about doing this to herself years later and feel guilty about it.

It's not worth it, Jannabear. Your life is going to be difficult as it is. You need yourself. Your energy, strength, mental health. SJWs and MRAs trend will end and another one will come up. It will be as silly as this one. Then again, and again and over again. It's not worth it to get angry and hold a destructive grudge about it.

Personally, I don't believe that you are angry to a couple of groups out there. Or some world issue about hunger or capitalism. There is something else behind all this and you are expressing/dealing with it this way. Dig it up and deal with that. Why are you so angry? Who are you angry at? Yourself? Your parents? Everyone? Being born with the 'wrong' gender? The whole bullshit you have to put up with it? Throw it out. Scream.

Talk about something real. Don't tell me you are angry at a bunch of spoilt brats with made up problems.

Yeah I'm an annoying bitch.
C'mon, Shoe! Don't you see that you're comments are condescending? I mean, you're basically psychoanalyzing poor Jannabear, who is not the first to post an emotionally charged opinion. I know you think you're showing concern, but you wouldn't like it, if it were you having your opinion dismissed, by some kind of personal comments about your mental state.

That being said, I think the subject seems a little too little, to warrant a thread of it's own.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com