Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Sarah Palin endorses Trump

Started by Hydra009, January 20, 2016, 12:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvlm3LKSlpU

Full transcript

He's "honored" and calls her governor, which is pretty inaccurate considering that she left office and didn't even serve a full term.  Former governor, more like.

I know predicting Trump's downfall is something of a cliche, but damn, if this is not the kiss of death, then I don't know what is.  If this guy makes it to the White House with Palin's blessing, then I officially give up on America.

Baruch

Populism isn't always a good thing.  This is part of a movement toward Populism.  And Ms Palin has a lot of supporters.  The question is, can the R-party totally rig the R-convention, so they can get on and choose Cruz or Bush in a smoke filled room, no matter what the caucus or primary outcomes?  The D-party has the same potential, against Sanders, because of the super-deligetes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

She want's to be on his cabinet, or even VP. Comedians everywhere are thanking her today.

She's the "family values" type, who just can't seem to keep her family from endangering her political chances.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

widdershins

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 20, 2016, 05:58:10 PM
She want's to be on his cabinet, or even VP. Comedians everywhere are thanking her today.

She's the "family values" type, who just can't seem to keep her family from endangering her political chances.
Yeah, her son was just arrested for hitting and pulling a gun on his girlfriend and her daughter keeps getting knocked up out of wedlock.  Boy, that "abstinence only" education and those fine Christian values sure do work on kids.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

Quote from: widdershins on January 20, 2016, 06:12:13 PM
Yeah, her son was just arrested for hitting and pulling a gun on his girlfriend and her daughter keeps getting knocked up out of wedlock.  Boy, that "abstinence only" education and those fine Christian values sure do work on kids.

Hillbilly without the banjo ... nothing wrong with that ;-)  But if Trump starts playing the theme to Deliverance ... run!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on January 20, 2016, 06:17:33 PM
Hillbilly without the banjo ... nothing wrong with that ;-)  But if Trump starts playing the theme to Deliverance ... run!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po
As long as there's no banjo, I'm good.  Oh, no accordions either.  No banjos, no accordions, good.  Oh, or fiddles.  No banjos, no accordions, no fiddles, everything is fine.  Man, ukuleles are terrible too.  No banjos, no accordions, no fiddles and no ukuleles, then we're good.  Oh, and my son in college recently told me about a banjo uke, which is a cross between a banjo and ukulele and that just sounds terrible.  So, no banjos, no accordions, no fiddles, on ukuleles and no banjo ukes and everything is good.  This ashtray, that's the only thing I need is this!

Baruch

Didn't know you could play a tune on an ashtray ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

_Xenu_

Trump 2016 : For the lolz

In all seriousness, Cruz or whoever else better start getting some endorsements, or the Donald might actually pull off the nomination. Tbh, its looking more and more likely.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

GSOgymrat

Quote from: _Xenu_ on January 20, 2016, 07:15:29 PM
Trump 2016 : For the lolz

In all seriousness, Cruz or whoever else better start getting some endorsements, or the Donald might actually pull off the nomination. Tbh, its looking more and more likely.

Would you rather have Donald Trump or Ted Cruz win the Republican nomination?

_Xenu_

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 20, 2016, 07:34:23 PM
Would you rather have Donald Trump or Ted Cruz win the Republican nomination?
Trump. Either one of them would likely lose in a general election vs Hillary (or maybe Sanders), but a Trump nomination would leave the GOP utterly transformed and possibly clear the way for a new political party. There was actually an article about this recently posted on the forum.

If the party establishment chooses a different candidate in some back room, they will lose the support of the blue collar masses that support Trump, likely forever. If they do not interfere, and he wins the nomination, the current establishment will never really be respected again.  Their only chance is someone like Cruz surging and winning the nomination, but thats looking less and less likely. This year is definitely not politics as usual.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

stromboli

Off camera, Trump is probably groaning and beating his head against the wall.

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on January 21, 2016, 08:21:17 AMOff camera, Trump is probably groaning and beating his head against the wall.
He wouldn't have been on stage if he didn't think it was a good idea.  And a strange as this sounds, Palin apparently can mobilize some conservatives.  So this might boost him in the primary, but this is going to kill him in the general election with any moderates.  All the DNC has to do to win this is to play a 10 second clip of Palin saying that she's a proud clinger of guns and God and that she loves Trump.

widdershins

Quote from: _Xenu_ on January 20, 2016, 07:59:49 PM
Trump. Either one of them would likely lose in a general election vs Hillary (or maybe Sanders), but a Trump nomination would leave the GOP utterly transformed and possibly clear the way for a new political party. There was actually an article about this recently posted on the forum.

If the party establishment chooses a different candidate in some back room, they will lose the support of the blue collar masses that support Trump, likely forever. If they do not interfere, and he wins the nomination, the current establishment will never really be respected again.  Their only chance is someone like Cruz surging and winning the nomination, but thats looking less and less likely. This year is definitely not politics as usual.
I don't think they want Cruz any more than they want Trump.  He's caused a lot of problems for them and they essentially turned their backs on him a few months ago.  What they seem to want is another Bush and, I'm alarmed to have to admit, another Bush in the office is better than Trump or Cruz.

Personally, I would like to see Cruz get the nomination, though.  He has a face that you just want to beat until it goes away and he's an unrelenting prick with unrealistic ideas of how government should work.  I don't see him as all that electable.

Trump, on the other hand, is like Ron Paul.  He says so much crazy shit that the the ignorant masses eventually hear something they really like and forget about the other 99% of what he said.  Even my intelligent friends like him because, let's face it, I live in backwoods Iowa and he wants to get rid of all the Mexicans who are making us all poor simply by being here...somehow.

Personally, though, I think Trump is fucking around.  That's not to say he wouldn't take the job.  It's a great business opportunity for him, especially with the Congress we now have.  They may actually be able to get rid of the Environmental and Consumer Protection Agencies which stand in the way of profits to serve whiny people who can't afford to not die on their own.  There would certainly be no minimum wage increase.  He could and would use the presidency to make business far more profitable at the expense of everyone in America who doesn't own a major corporation.