News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Site donations

Started by PickelledEggs, January 16, 2016, 03:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

None of it worked.
I just wound up makinga PayPal account and getting on with it.

If my bank-accounts wind up getting depleted by unknown forces in the next few months, I'm coming for you lot. Be warned.

(Let me know if it didn't work.)
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 20, 2016, 07:09:09 AM
None of it worked.

If my bank-accounts wind up getting depleted by unknown forces in the next few months, I'm coming for you lot. Be warned.

Pay Pal is honest, and is a credible company.  Its problem is the same as any other business than handles your credit card numbers.  They can get hacked.  In fact, Pay Pal was hacked a couple years ago.  They sent out warnings to change your password, but I don't think anyone had their bank account messed with.  But these things also happen to Yahoo, Google, Target, and Barnes and Noble, and Hillary Clinton's Server.

The thing that I don't understand about Pay Pal is why they are necessary in the first place?  It seems to be a company that doesn't do anything but handle your account numbers while someone else who you want to do business with also handles your account numbers.  It would be like handing over 20 dollars to the cashier at Walmart, who has an assistant who steps in and says, "Here, let me handle this money for you," and then grabs it out of your hands and then immediately passes the money on to the Cashier.  WTF is their part in the process?  Well, they handle the money.  That's all.  Why do they need to handle the money?  I don't know.

wolf39us

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 20, 2016, 07:09:09 AM
None of it worked.

Donation received!  Your efforts are most appreciated! Thanks for helping support the site.

aitm

Quote from: SGOS on December 20, 2016, 07:28:13 AM
Why do they need to handle the money?  I don't know.
Maybe they just don't have enough of it yet to head for Aruba.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Sorry wolf. I had to blame someone and you were it.. Don't take it personally even though you should.  I'm ok with the snow as long as it's not actually cold. If someone else messed things up previously I apologize.. I hate change. Everything should always stay exactly as it is this very moment except my sore toe. That can change for the better.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mr.Obvious

Are we in the clear for another year?

wolf39us

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 23, 2016, 03:59:57 AM
Are we in the clear for another year?

Yes sir!

edit:  To clarify, we were always "clear".  I don't know if all of the site has been paid for through donations.  I'll have to check with NaRu.

SGOS

Quote from: wolf39us on December 23, 2016, 10:23:01 AM
Yes sir!
edit:  To clarify, we were always "clear".  I don't know if all of the site has been paid for through donations.  I'll have to check with NaRu.

Under donations, it tells me we are only at 36%.

Mr.Obvious

yeah, but naru said we were already at plus 70 dollars

wolf39us

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 23, 2016, 12:29:43 PM
yeah, but naru said we were already at plus 70 dollars

He said we've only received $70.  I believe the cost was somewhere close to $150 for the year.  I don't think there's a whole lot of cheaper hosting out there and I'd hate to have to move this site anywhere else

Hakurei Reimu

I just made a donation at the donations link at the head of the thread. Is that okay? I'm thinking it should be.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

wolf39us

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on December 25, 2016, 01:52:38 PM
I just made a donation at the donations link at the head of the thread. Is that okay? I'm thinking it should be.

Yes sir!  We got it!

Thank you

Naru

I want to thank everyone for their donations. Going to close down the Donation for this year. Again thank you so much.

Naru

Hello Everyone,

It is that time of year again when the 2018 bill to keep the site up is coming. The price for the site is $190 a year. The price increased because we have to have SSL installed to be part of google search. Any donation will be helpful.

Thanks you for being part of the community

SGOS

Quote from: Naru on December 03, 2017, 11:55:43 PM
It is that time of year again when the 2018 bill to keep the site up is coming.  Any donation will be helpful.
Always happy to help, but note that the donation app is missing from the first page.  Also, you might want to start a fresh thread so people don't disregard the notice thinking someone just bumped a defunct thread.  We've got fewer active members than last year, but I hope enough people will help out to keep the site from going down.