Church of England his milestone in low attendance.

Started by Valigarmander, January 14, 2016, 03:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Welcome. You are going to have to specify which sect of Christianity (including Catholicism) is the correct one. There are hundreds. As a Christian I went to six Protestant churches. They were all in error.

So elucidate away and make clear what is not apparent to us.

LittleNipper

Quote from: stromboli on March 01, 2016, 04:11:37 PM
Welcome. You are going to have to specify which sect of Christianity (including Catholicism) is the correct one. There are hundreds. As a Christian I went to six Protestant churches. They were all in error.

Quote from: stromboli on March 01, 2016, 04:11:37 PM

A Christian is not a Christian based on which "perfect" church he attends, but by the knowledge that he is a sinner and saved by God's perfect grace through the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ in whom the Christian places his trust for his salvation.

Mike Cl

Quote from: LittleNipper on March 01, 2016, 04:06:39 PM
People cannot spread what they fail to believe. If one is not excited with regard to salvation, how on earth can they excite those around them? The Church of England is simply not "Christian." And it has lost the power of being an arm of the State it once was. Like the Aristocracy, it is no longer viable. 

None of this is to say that Christianity is not true or unimportant for the survival of a nation. It simply means that if one doesn't believe in it or follow it honestly, one cannot expect others to jump on the wagon...
This statement does have a ring of honesty and sincerity and wisdom about it.  Those who are untrained in the practice of thinking and reasoning could quite easily be so impressed.  The only problem is that there are many falsehoods contained in statements like this one.  LittleNipper is, of course, a member of the One True Faith.  His and his alone, knows the Truth.  He is Sincere; but one can be sincere about anything; Hitler was without a doubt, sincere about his hatred for Jews and Commies.  The Church of England is not christian--really?  Oh, yeah, I forgot, it is not of the One True Faith.  I'm sure the Catholic Church is also not Christian, even tho it founded the One True Faith.  And we all know that christianity is necessary for the survival of a nation--and that the USA was so founded.  Except that that is patently false.  So, upon any kind of reflection, the above statement is full of falsehoods, unreasoned statements, and just plain lies.  But then, that is the hallmark of The One True Faith.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

LittleNipper

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 03, 2016, 09:30:25 AM
This statement does have a ring of honesty and sincerity and wisdom about it.  Those who are untrained in the practice of thinking and reasoning could quite easily be so impressed.  The only problem is that there are many falsehoods contained in statements like this one.  LittleNipper is, of course, a member of the One True Faith.  His and his alone, knows the Truth.  He is Sincere; but one can be sincere about anything; Hitler was without a doubt, sincere about his hatred for Jews and Commies.  The Church of England is not christian--really?  Oh, yeah, I forgot, it is not of the One True Faith.  I'm sure the Catholic Church is also not Christian, even tho it founded the One True Faith.  And we all know that christianity is necessary for the survival of a nation--and that the USA was so founded.  Except that that is patently false.  So, upon any kind of reflection, the above statement is full of falsehoods, unreasoned statements, and just plain lies.  But then, that is the hallmark of The One True Faith.

What I believe is that "True" Christianity is a one on one relationship between God and an individual. Most religions and even clubs are about doing things or works to achieve acceptance. Hitler believed in works. And the proof of this is his misguided attempt to annihilate the Jews to fulfill the destiny of Germany. The Roman Catholic church was a politicized pagan corruption of the Church --- founded in Jerusalem and not Rome. The Church of England was the result of a King's desire for a male heir and not originally motivated by spiritual revival. The Founding Fathers were not perfect and most were likely not "True" Christians; however, they were educated in an understanding that there existed some higher power greater than any government. And the government was in subjection to this GREATER power, in their efforts to protect the citizenry for which they were held accountable by this greater power.

In this way, no man was inferior to any other man. ALL men are equal in the sight of the Creator. This means that if a man murdered a poor man walking down the street, he would be handled in the very same way had he shot a President. This is not the case today because without GOD, MY brains, and My skills, and MY power make ME more important than some nobody. And this is what is threatening America today. America is fast becoming a society of elitist governmental officials and special interest groups who control how parents reprimand their children. They've infiltrated the Community School System and deny spiritual thought to be openly investigated. They encourage political correct speech and thought.

Oh yes, we have our vulgarities, our music, our sports, our entertainment. "Let them eat cake!"  But  Christian values, opinions, spirituality, and thought are a competing force that subjugates the power of the government and special interests groups ----- because it makes them all rather insignificant when one considers GOD.

Mike Cl

Quote from: LittleNipper on March 03, 2016, 11:21:15 PM
What I believe is that "True" Christianity is a one on one relationship between God and an individual. Most religions and even clubs are about doing things or works to achieve acceptance. Hitler believed in works. And the proof of this is his misguided attempt to annihilate the Jews to fulfill the destiny of Germany. The Roman Catholic church was a politicized pagan corruption of the Church --- founded in Jerusalem and not Rome. The Church of England was the result of a King's desire for a male heir and not originally motivated by spiritual revival. The Founding Fathers were not perfect and most were likely not "True" Christians; however, they were educated in an understanding that there existed some higher power greater than any government. And the government was in subjection to this GREATER power, in their efforts to protect the citizenry for which they were held accountable by this greater power.

In this way, no man was inferior to any other man. ALL men are equal in the sight of the Creator. This means that if a man murdered a poor man walking down the street, he would be handled in the very same way had he shot a President. This is not the case today because without GOD, MY brains, and My skills, and MY power make ME more important than some nobody. And this is what is threatening America today. America is fast becoming a society of elitist governmental officials and special interest groups who control how parents reprimand their children. They've infiltrated the Community School System and deny spiritual thought to be openly investigated. They encourage political correct speech and thought.

Oh yes, we have our vulgarities, our music, our sports, our entertainment. "Let them eat cake!"  But  Christian values, opinions, spirituality, and thought are a competing force that subjugates the power of the government and special interests groups ----- because it makes them all rather insignificant when one considers GOD.
This is what is called opinion.  You have not cited one fact to base you opinions upon, however.  You use the word "True" as a club meant to subdue the reader into believing as you do.  What, pray (or prey, as the christian religion is so adept at) tell what constitutes 'The True Christian' religion?  If it is so easy to understand what that is, why are there so many sects out there?  There are over 10,000 Baptist sects alone...................And if it is so difficult to figure out the 'True' religion, then your god is a total failure; not smart enough to figure out how to communicate with his minions.

As for the USA being a christian nation founded on christian principles, you must be right.  For found within the preamble and constitution are words like, Jesus, christian law, christian spirituality, 10 commandments, and oh so many others.  Just because I cannot find one of them in either document, does not mean they don't exist, for they must be there since all the founding fathers were of The One True Faith.  They clearly wanted religion to be involved in every factor of American life, which is why the separation of church and state must be of the devil. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

reasonist

LittleNipper, do you believe the Earth is a disk or a sphere? Does the Sun revolve around the Earth or is it the other way around?
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Blackleaf

Quote from: LittleNipper on March 01, 2016, 04:06:39 PM
People cannot spread what they fail to believe. If one is not excited with regard to salvation, how on earth can they excite those around them? The Church of England is simply not "Christian." And it has lost the power of being an arm of the State it once was. Like the Aristocracy, it is no longer viable. 

None of this is to say that Christianity is not true or unimportant for the survival of a nation. It simply means that if one doesn't believe in it or follow it honestly, one cannot expect others to jump on the wagon...

Ah. The "they don't count" argument. Classic. What makes you think that the people in the Church of England don't honestly believe in their...beliefs?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--