Virginia GOP bill would require schools to verify children’s genitals....

Started by Youssuf Ramadan, January 13, 2016, 12:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youssuf Ramadan

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/virginia-gop-bill-would-require-schools-to-verify-childrens-genitals-before-using-restroom/

QuoteVirginia GOP bill would require schools to verify children’s genitals before using restroom

A bill filed by a Virginia lawmaker this week would require schools to be certain that children are using the restroom corresponding to their “correct anatomical sex.”
The legislation, which would prohibit transgender students from using the bathroom matching their gender, is being sponsored by Republican Del. Mark Cole.

House Bill 663 defines “anatomical sex” as “the physical condition of being male or female, which is determined by a person’s anatomy.”
“Local school boards shall develop and implement policies that require every school restroom, locker room, or shower room that is designated for use by a specific gender to solely be used by individuals whose anatomical sex matches such gender designation,” the measure states.
Under the bill, any student who violated the bathroom rules could be fined $50 by law enforcement. Schools would have the discretion of allowing students to use a “single stall restroom or shower” or to have “controlled” access to an otherwise unoccupied restroom.
Cole’s legislation would also allow law enforcement to fine anyone who knowingly used a public restroom that did not correspond to their “anatomical sex.”
Civil rights advocate Tim Peacock noted that “adults would be required to inspect children’s genitals before they use the bathroom” for the legislation to be enforceable.
“This is what the conservative movement has devolved into: forcing children to allow adults to examine their genitals out of misplaced fear that transgender kids and adults might commit a hypothetical never-before-seen act of violence or sexual aggression (that would still be against the law with or without transgender protections),” Peacock wrote.

Jesus H.  Please tell me this story was nicked from The Onion....   even allowing for the 'shock factor' of the leader, it's still bizarre.

Taking a dump used to be easy......  :shifty:

drunkenshoe

I had to read that for 3 times to check that's what I am reading.

They'll scar kiddies.

Quote“This is what the conservative movement has devolved into: forcing children to allow adults to examine their genitals out of misplaced fear that transgender kids and adults might commit a hypothetical never-before-seen act of violence or sexual aggression (that would still be against the law with or without transgender protections),” Peacock wrote.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

TomFoolery

I can't think of a better recipe to make children wet their pants or end up with UTIs from trying to "hold it" to avoid embarrassment.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

drunkenshoe

I don't believe it. Can't be true. It's too ridiculous. Please be Onion. Please be Onion.

E: It looks real. At least in the media.

https://www.google.com.tr/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=virginia%20bill%20children%27s%20genitals&es_th=1

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

stromboli

drunkenshoe

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Civil War II was about an oppressed minority, just like Civil War I ... in this case oppressed transgenders ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

And people wonder why I don't like Republicans.

(And with that post, I'm an Ankylosaurus!)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

gentle_dissident

Despite the best efforts of the adults, when I was a kid, I saw a lot of Virginia's virginia.

doorknob

OMG what did I just step into?

This is bizarre and I don't see how this could possibly be enforceable. Way to tempt any pedophile teachers asshole!

SGOS

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

stromboli

"Billy, could you please pull your pants down so Mrs. Jackson can see your balls?"

......"so son, what did you learn in school today............."