News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Guten Tag from Germany

Started by Schoppi, March 27, 2013, 11:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poison Tree

I'm glad to hear that. It seems, for many people, if they can remotely tie any idea to Nietzsche then it immediately equals Naziism and can then be dismissed without actually looking at the idea. These people may be to intellectually lazy for it to make a difference, but maybe putting some distance between what Nietzsche actually wrote and what was changed after will get people to look at his actual ideas.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

NitzWalsh

There's a Philosophy course at my school that I would love to take that specifically deals mostly with German Philosophers. Friedrich Nietzsche, Arthur Schopenhauer, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, and Martin Heidegger, they throw in Jean-Paul Sartre (French), so they're not all German. I want to take it eventually, don't have the prerequisites yet though.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Schoppi

Quote from: "Poison Tree"I'm glad to hear that. It seems, for many people, if they can remotely tie any idea to Nietzsche then it immediately equals Naziism and can then be dismissed without actually looking at the idea.

Yep, that is always a problem. Nietzsche rejected the idea of a free will, accepted evolution to be true and declared God dead. That's it. If anyone thinks, that Nietzsche was something like a Nazi-philosopher, then that is simply not true.

Really, he hated German nationalism. He also hated the German weather, that's why he lived in Italy and Swiss, until he went mad and his mother took him back to Germany (against the will of the psychiatrists). There he died 10 years laters.

He also composed some music. Here is one of his songs.

[youtube:m4ufuorz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yoFL6C2Rjw[/youtube:m4ufuorz]

SilentFutility

Welcome,
I'm currently in Germany for a few days as it happens.

I have previously lived here too.

Fidel_Castronaut

Always good to see Europeans on the board. Welcome :) always enjoyed my visits to Germany.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!