News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Sjws

Started by Jannabear, January 09, 2016, 02:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

QuoteWhat matters is that they are the ones getting noticed. They're the ones appearing on CNN and getting to speak at the United Nations asking them to pass a law silencing their critics.

The majority of white people on fox are racists and bigots. They're the ones getting to speak (and running) Congress asking (and passing) laws silencing (and oppressing) people they dislike. Therefor I can use that as an argument against ALL white people regardless of what they believe and throw derogatory terms at them.

Cant compare races to ideologies? Okay fine lets change it to an ideology.

Atheists; not all atheists are pompous assholes who don't know what they are talking about and are trying to act cool and edgy. They vandalize church property and argue with people minding their own business in public. But what matters is that those are the ones getting noticed. They're the ones appearing on CNN/fox/Msnbc/etc. and trying to change laws in the states silencing religions they disagree with.

So when a Christian comes in here next time and starts talking about how all atheists are assholes and just stuck up cunts who want to pass pointless laws because they are neckbeard losers... be sure to hold him to the same standard you expect "sjwarriors" and feminists to feel. Don't dare get angry with him because he is doing the exact same thing you are... "Well jolly gee the media picks up on controversial minority therefor all that group must be more-or-less like them!".

--------

That said... whatever I'm out. This is just the same bullshit we have every couple months and it always boils down to "SJW and feminists are stupid!" -> "What is stupid about equality or fighting for women's rights?" -> "NO UR STUPID LOL RADICAL SHUT UP MANHATER APOLOGIST". Have fun with the circle jerk.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on January 09, 2016, 08:52:07 PMTrolling - "make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."

Oops.
You left off a pretty important part of that term - the provocateur does not actually hold the opinions/identity he or she purports to hold.  One's trolling persona is different from one's actual persona.

"Trolling is a game about identity deception, albeit one that is played without the consent of most of the players. The troll attempts to pass as a legitimate participant, sharing the group's common interests and concerns; the newsgroups members, if they are cognizant of trolls and other identity deceptions, attempt to both distinguish real from trolling postings, and upon judging a poster a troll, make the offending poster leave the group. Their success at the former depends on how well they â€" and the troll â€" understand identity cues; their success at the latter depends on whether the troll's enjoyment is sufficiently diminished or outweighed by the costs imposed by the group." - wiki

Shiranu

QuoteYou left off a pretty important part of that term - the provocateur does not actually hold the opinions/identity he or she purports to hold.  One's trolling persona is different from one's actual persona.

That is all dependent on which dictionary you are using. Urban dictionary/Collins and others use the definition I posted above and it's the one I meant.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Dictionary?   :doh: If I start a collection, can I buy you an encyclopedia sometime?

Shiranu

*sigh*

I'll just change what I said... yall gettin' intentionally provoked by outrageous statements that are being used to try to make you realize how ridiculous your beliefs about the patriarchy and/or the social injustices of society are which may be inaccurate portrayls of how you view these things but how the poster views your beliefs however in doing so are only being caused to view all or the majority of people in said group as extremists like the person who is provoking you even though this is not entirely or at all accurate and representative of said groups thus causing you to use derogatory terms and insults as a means to circumvent actual arguments by regular people who hold those ideologies instead of actually addressing valid issues that affect society therefor causing the problem to be only further engrained as no one is able to actually hold a valid conversation on the subject without it being reduced to simple mudslinging and shit-talking and thus the entire process of discourse has been sabotaged by a few idiots who take things too far attacking you too much for beliefs you don't necessarily even hold which is sadly funny because you then do the exact same thing they did and the people you attack do the exact same thing you did and it becomes a vicious cycle of no one making any progress :edit: and which leads us to the point where I have to make a tongue-in-cheek long ass run on sentence arguing over Internet semantics.

Now do you see why I just used the word trolled?

Jannabear

Quote from: Shiranu on January 09, 2016, 09:18:24 PM
The majority of white people on fox are racists and bigots. They're the ones getting to speak (and running) Congress asking (and passing) laws silencing (and oppressing) people they dislike. Therefor I can use that as an argument against ALL white people regardless of what they believe and throw derogatory terms at them.

Cant compare races to ideologies? Okay fine lets change it to an ideology.

Atheists; not all atheists are pompous assholes who don't know what they are talking about and are trying to act cool and edgy. They vandalize church property and argue with people minding their own business in public. But what matters is that those are the ones getting noticed. They're the ones appearing on CNN/fox/Msnbc/etc. and trying to change laws in the states silencing religions they disagree with.

So when a Christian comes in here next time and starts talking about how all atheists are assholes and just stuck up cunts who want to pass pointless laws because they are neckbeard losers... be sure to hold him to the same standard you expect "sjwarriors" and feminists to feel. Don't dare get angry with him because he is doing the exact same thing you are... "Well jolly gee the media picks up on controversial minority therefor all that group must be more-or-less like them!".

--------

That said... whatever I'm out. This is just the same bullshit we have every couple months and it always boils down to "SJW and feminists are stupid!" -> "What is stupid about equality or fighting for women's rights?" -> "NO UR STUPID LOL RADICAL SHUT UP MANHATER APOLOGIST". Have fun with the circle jerk.
If you actually go into sjw circles and look at the average sjw's opinions it goes along with or is similar to what I said, and I'm not trying to say ALL sjws are retarded, I'm saying MOST are. o well.

Jannabear

Quote from: Shiranu on January 09, 2016, 09:50:12 PM
*sigh*

I'll just change what I said... yall gettin' intentionally provoked by outrageous statements that are being used to try to make you realize how ridiculous your beliefs about the patriarchy and/or the social injustices of society are which may be inaccurate portrayls of how you view these things but how the poster views your beliefs however in doing so are only being caused to view all or the majority of people in said group as extremists like the person who is provoking you even though this is not entirely or at all accurate and representative of said groups thus causing you to use derogatory terms and insults as a means to circumvent actual arguments by regular people who hold those ideologies instead of actually addressing valid issues that affect society therefor causing the problem to be only further engrained as no one is able to actually hold a valid conversation on the subject without it being reduced to simple mudslinging and shit-talking and thus the entire process of discourse has been sabotaged by a few idiots who take things too far attacking you too much for beliefs you don't necessarily even hold which is sadly funny because you then do the exact same thing they did and the people you attack do the exact same thing you did and it becomes a vicious cycle of no one making any progress :edit: and which leads us to the point where I have to make a tongue-in-cheek long ass run on sentence arguing over Internet semantics.

Now do you see why I just used the word trolled?
You have this notion that the shit I said is a fringe in the sjw group, which is a completely silly notion.
Go take a look at tumblr, on feminist blogs, and just poll feminists and ask feminists what their opinions on these statements are in general.
I'm not attacking it as a whole because these opinions are the ones that get attention, I'm attacking feminism as a whole, or atleast as a group, because a majority of them believe this shit.

pr126

I think that SJWs have an innate need to feel morally superior, which may be a compensation for other inadequacies in their lives.

Each have their "pet projects" - minority groups - to defend or champion for, against any and all, real or perceived injustices from the big bad world.
Some of them are not even members of their favorite minority group that they are championing for.

There are probably one or two on this forum.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: pr126 on January 10, 2016, 02:07:39 AM
I think that SJWs have an innate need to feel morally superior, which may be a compensation for other inadequacies in their lives.

Each have their "pet projects" - minority groups - to defend or champion for, against any and all, real or perceived injustices from the big bad world.

There are probably one or two on this forum.

It's basically: us we're okay, them are not. Atheists do it but to a much less extent - there's only one thing we all agree, and everything else we can disagree!

drunkenshoe

First of all I have a question for Jannabear and I demand an honest answer. You are a transgender. What is the connection of the identity of your gender (don't give me the bullshit of I hold all teh gates) and your anger against these groups? Is your anger coming from the identity of your gender; the fact that you are not likely to be accepted and highly likely to be treated badly in these circles or just simply can not stand an angry group? Because I have written you a post from a very wide angle and you haven't engaged with anything I wrote and just told me that 'patriarchy doesn't exist and no modern feminism is not like the other ones' and expressed your frustration and anger. So far all of your posts are standard expressions of anger and frustration. You haven't offered anything other than that.

Also a note to you as you are a newbie. This forum's active regular poster profile consists of young men in their 20s -a few of them have any relationships or ever had- and several retired old men. (There are a few female posters.) Young men here are the nerd&geek kind -like almost all  the forum- and they pass most of their free time in front of their computer; playing games, watching their shows and living in social media. That's why Shiranu emphasized the social media effect -as I did before. Because here people do not have any first hand experience about any kind of actvisim let alone a segregated heated one like this. Most of them are just watching sensational videos and get themselves pissed off. There are people here posting their anger about how a bunch of women joked about a castrated man in a tv show, how a woman made a statement of "they should castrate 90 % men" and so on and all their anger is based on angry women screaming at a screen.

Let's start with your response to me.

QuoteI have to strongly disagree with you, the notion that modern day feminism is the same as it used to be is completely insane.

Insane. Why? Because you personally think that women have no issues or -should have no issues- to get angry and agressive about if they are not fighting for standard basic human rights? Pffft.

QuoteModern day sjws consist of people bitching about videogames,

Yeah sure. Video games, movies, commercials, tv shows; anything that goes through mass media is the communication of our time and make up almost the whole accumulation of knowledge on the tendencies of the day. For a long time now. So this is not really a response proving anything. It just states how much irrelevant you think it is.

Quotea patriarchy that doesn't even exist anymore,

Ah, big-bad-old patriarchy. As I said before -more than a dozen times in this forum-  that patriarchy is not a conspiracy against women or other genders and most women and other gendres are as patriarchal as het men. It's not just an enemy of women. It's the enemy of everyone. It's based on religious gender norms and 95% world population lives with them, suffers from them doesn't matter what they post to public forums when they are angry.  Let me define it in a wider sense. Patriarchy is a system evolved from the primitive anthropological principles of human culture. For so long the survival of the species dependent on protection of the mother and the offspring; it solely depended on the MALE. Males do the heaviest, dirtiest and most dangerous jobs, always have. They had more opportunity, space and therefore more experience about the world and they have become the leading gender; the one that counts.

If patriarchy didn't exist, as a transgender you wouldn't be at the bottom of the chain.

Obviously, we are not following the historical definition of patriarchy: "a system of society or government in which the father or eldest male is head of the family and descent is reckoned through the male line." That is what doesn't exist. We have passed the French Revolution and the standardised society it started to build 200 years ago. We have the modern state. And its religion; capitalism and nationalism. We are talking about this: "a system of society or government in which men hold the power and women are largely excluded from it." If you claim that this doesn't exist, please send me a spaceracft so I could visit you, because then you are living in a different planet. And if you are angry at a group that is working against a system that established itself we cannot calculate when, then tough. You'll be angry your entire life.

Don't women have any power? Yes, they do. They have a 'hidden power' bestowed on them by their gender identity; mainly dictated by their biological function. DOESN'T MATTER how many rights on paper women have or what they do, they suffer from their gender of being not a male. This is the craddle of bullshit men cannot get into their heads, because it needs to be experienced first hand on a dialy basis to understand.

Quoteand "Micro aggressions",

Oh yeah, some ivy league college professor classified and coined a name for every negative circumstances people are likely to face in a social daily life. Fucking bastard! This modern science is annoying. Just so you know that started in 19th century. And a group that has to put up with the most social bullshit owned up to it. Those cunts!

Jannabear, something about you which was perfectly clear from your first posts is that like the most members in this forum, you have no idea of human reality; how people and societies work and you are not aware you are here just to throw steam because of YOUR OWN MICRO AGRESSIONS. You are painfully ordinary and mainstream.

Quotemeanwhile feminism used to be a movement that was fighting for women's rights in a time when they actually were oppressed.

Do you know the date of Universal Declaration of Human Rights? 1948. My father is older, and also few of our members.

Do you know when United Nations started to look into gender based inequality; gender based violence and its social consequences? Fucking 1980. I'm 4 years older and I don't even count as 'old'.

You are surely angry enough, but are you seriously stupid enough to think that we could have achieved ANY real progress on gender issues; social life; human righst in general by piece of papers dating back several decades?!

And your perspective is that a reactive movement that started roughly a 100 years ago that managed to make the western society ACCEPT THAT WOMEN ARE SEXUAL BEINGS AS MEN in 1960s is just went too far, because you think they are a bunch of angry bitches. 

On the anger and ugly fight of SJWs:

What the fuck you think would happen? You realise that women are just humans like men; they are as equally agressive, cruel, ugly, determined to have power; to get their way and not giving the slightest fuck as men, right? Or you are so fucking out of it that you can't put your minds to see THESE PEOPLE ARE JUST HUMANS and they are acting like humans. And will do anything human does. What did you think would happen? Just because they are women, "the weak, fair-emotional sex" -my ass- they would try to bargain with the system holding hands dancing and throwing flowers? Whenever a woman asserts an opinion she cannot get rid off the fucking agressive, imposing male bullshit thrown at her way just because of expressing her opinion as a woman. Having an opinion is 'bitching' for her, -hence teh word- but she goes too far when she gets angry about it and gets organised. Pffft, tough.

They are trapped in an identity and the social cirsumstances connected to it they cannot get rid off whatever patches are made to the law systems. You think this is stoppable? Feminism derives its power and determination from unavoidable real life circumstances, You CANNOT BEAT THAT. It has an infinite supply. Every female is a potential feminist and even they don't define themselves as one they have to put up with the same bullshit, sooner or later will strike against it. It's not a fucking fantasy of illuminati directed by one hand. It's half of the population of the planet with different cultures and history and past feeling the same. And Western women are the only group of women who have the suitable circumstances to start and maintain this bloody shit storm.

Did you guys know this has been predicted a long time ago? That genders can only approach some sort of equality in far future ONLY after females; feminism claims a war and it reaches a peak and fall? It's not even close to that. 

I'm not even discussing is it right or wrong. You are in the phase of sitting in your computer in your underwear and watching anita sarkeesian videos to piss yourself off and then go to thunderfoot or Karen Straughan to jerk it off.

Tumbler is a nightmare! A living hell, where women rule abusively. Do you know what is tumbler? It's the upside down version of first the 30 years of internet available to everyone. Where we hid our genders like the fatal secrets. Esp. in gaming sites. Most of you kiddies are too young to know that. And in this very forum you try to shut up every woman who asserts their opinion on something and call her a 'feminazi' or 'femicunt' the moment she bites back. She is not allowed to bite back or assert her opinion, she is a woman. And you areso fucking delusional about your position, you don't even have the balls to accept that.

The only fact that you are so reflexively determined to segregate females with a movement of their own -among many- and see them as something threatening your life; exactly how extremist religious groups see atheists, perfectly justifies their movement and their agression.

:arrow: At the moment, you are 'the whiny bitches'. You haven't adapted to the situation, you are demonising and rejecting their existence altogether, only providing more to them to fight for legally. Esp. when this gets violent in RL and it will happen sooner than you think. Then angry anti-feminist males will hand a huge unwanted support to feminists legally. MRAs are just mimcking SJWs to get back at them and they lack the social and personal determination; they are reacting out of fear of losing a status which they act out of it being under a threat and defend they do not possess to begin with. :lol: No adaptation, no survival. Feminists do not feel forced, nor trying to maintain a status. This is their identity. It's a natural fight. 

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

josephpalazzo

In the grand scheme of things, sjw won't even make in the footnotes of the pages of history. Nostradamus said it, it must be true...

drunkenshoe

Quote from: josephpalazzo on January 10, 2016, 08:02:47 AM
In the grand scheme of things, sjw won't even make in the footnotes of the pages of history. Nostradamus said it, it must be true...

Said the retired science teacher whose basic reasoning runs along the lines of  'Mesoamericans being violent as much as other humans' is a fact against Mesoamerican Genocide and its acceptance by the US government(s) --- 'if you are trying to explain Islamic terrorism through contemporary social scientific discourse you are an apologist'.

As always, your timeless perspective on human culture and its development leaves this humble Anatolian woman trembling to her core.

Have a cookie for reading the post.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

josephpalazzo

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 10, 2016, 08:34:39 AM

As always, your timeless perspective on human culture and its development leaves this humble Anatolian woman trembling to her core.

Have a cookie for reading the post.

Thanks for the cookies.

But to be a little more clear on my intentions behind that post, I'm an eternal optimist. I believe that as more and more women get into positions of power or higher authority in a given society, and it will happen, then the animosity between the two sexes will fade away. We're not there yet, but the ball has started rolling. In lieu of a catastrophe, society will have to reflect women's sensibilities and compassion. In the future, people will look back at the feminist movement, and sjw type of movement (trend?), with an amusing smile. Just my 2 cents.

stromboli

Quote from: josephpalazzo on January 10, 2016, 08:49:45 AM
Thanks for the cookies.

But to be a little more clear on my intentions behind that post, I'm an eternal optimist. I believe that as more and more women get into positions of power or higher authority in a given society, and it will happen, then the animosity between the two sexes will fade away. We're not there yet, but the ball has started rolling. In lieu of a catastrophe, society will have to reflect women's sensibilities and compassion. In the future, people will look back at the feminist movement, and sjw type of movement (trend?), with an amusing smile. Just my 2 cents.

^This. Its about the long view not only of society's direction but also what is learned from history. the current fundamentalist furor is more about railing against progress than any solution to a problem. The actions they emphasize- prolife, anti birth control, personhood- are directed against women specifically. They affect women specifically and any action or group like Planned Parenthood that empowers women is a target.  And I am also an optimist, because being a pessimist accomplishes nothing. 

drunkenshoe

Quote from: josephpalazzo on January 10, 2016, 08:49:45 AM
Thanks for the cookies.

You are saying exactly what I am saying. With one difference. I am saying real progress happens with ugly conflict and violence. SJW and MRA are new terms. They exist together, they'll get more bound to each other in time. I'm afraid Feminism being called another name in the future will not change the reaction at both sides.

What I am mostly worried about is every female movement is doomed to be segregated and demonised. And if men don't get into this leaving the despise and the anger they have behind, in this age of fear and anger 'the need for the fight' could carry this to an unforeseen level. Violence between the groups. I hope I am wrong, but you had more for less.

It doesn't offend me much that women getting angry and ugly, but it offends me that most men -of any age- reacts to this very childishly. I trust and have high expectations from western civilisation -contrary to the common belief about me- and unfortunately I'm a patriarchal woman by culture. My expectations are higher on men's end. I tend to get pissed off to women and men for opposite reasons compared to the general. I'm a reality junkie and unfortunately that also makes me the ultimate pessimist.