News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Sjws

Started by Jannabear, January 09, 2016, 02:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 09, 2016, 09:34:58 AM
Errr...I don't think anyone attempted to go that far among our species yet.

Divorce court is more painful and death is slow.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

dtq123

Quote from: Jannabear on January 09, 2016, 02:58:43 AM
The idea that you can't criticize religious beliefs, more specifically islam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecJUqhm2g08

Edit: This is clearly not made very well, but who gives a shit?
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on January 09, 2016, 09:38:02 AM
Divorce court is more painful and death is slow.

I have no idea. Never got married and not planning to. But I guess you could be right from what I have seen a far. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Not knocking marriage or women.  Both are wonderful most of the time.

Dtq123 ... great satire video.  Aren't some people annoying?  Both for following a stereotype, and for not following the stereotype we think they should be following!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

The problem with SJWs can be summed up in one quote: "Hey, I need some muscle over here! Help me get this reporter outta here!"

Secretly a Warsie.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Nonsensei

Well you should have read it because it basically contains a neat and tidy list of why SJW's and internet feminists and the like get so much fucking blow back from decent people. I really don't know how some of them manage to still look down on others with their heads so far up their own asses.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Shiranu

Quote from: Nonsensei on January 09, 2016, 02:44:11 PM
Well you should have read it because it basically contains a neat and tidy list of why SJW's and internet feminists and the like get so much fucking blow back from decent people. I really don't know how some of them manage to still look down on others with their heads so far up their own asses.

So you getting trolled on the internet by a small group of angry people is therefor what you base your world view of people who care about equality and feminism on.

10/10 would not skim again.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jannabear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 09, 2016, 05:20:41 AM
I wrote this to Jannabear as an answer to his/her post in the "How Liberals Argue" thread. I think it is more accurate here on how to look at this issue in a rational way. Other than what as individuals feel about it, pretty much limited with personal experiences.

Feminism has always been defined as 'posionous', 'toxic', 'dangerous' and 'radical'. Anything that is active in some way against the traditional norms is always defined as posionous. The first and second wave has been defined and pictured the same way before the transformation of the Western societies. Women who wanted to divorce, who wanted to work and not to get married or have children were defined as 'radicals' and 'dangerous' to society and its values just 70 years ago. Before that when they wanted to vote it was dangerous. Even some women rallied against the right for voting. Men and women in those days were sure that feminism was 'poisionous' and 'dangerous'.  Then as the result of that 'poisonous' movement, new norms were born and they are now the pillars of the society and what it is proud of against the others. After a few decades the feminists were again very 'poisonous' and 'radical' in 60s.

Without 'poisonous' feminists there wouldn't be a sexual revolution in the West in 60s. Again a cultural trait Western culture is proud of. It doesn't look posionous right now, does it? It's the general norm.  It was very radical considering the traditional norms.

It's just impossible to imagine TODAY that this was the case just roughly a life time ago, because now most people are born after all that was established and transformed the society. And people very often believe, the period they live in is the epitome of everything good and bad. :lol:

If not for the angry screaming feminists; SJWs, there wouldn't be MRAs. If angry feminists do not attack left and right, they wouldn't get a reaction from orthers and there wouldn't be a new future balance. Men Rights Actvism as reactive as feminism and it has the same character. It's just less disturbing, because people in general -men and women- do not like angry women, talking in an angessive patriarchal style. :lol: It's also an attack to the 'city hall'. It's a no-no by its nature.

Progress doesn't come with perfect, dignified arguments. It's accomplished with ugly conflict. Men and women will strangle each other, the often oppressed an persecuted groups will attack viciously untill they will get rid of that identity and the society will keep transforming under that. They have to have their peak.

---The reason the whole thing looks so 'loud' and 'extreme' right now -besides that people are living in the time period of 'now' that it's happening-  is that because for the last decade and a half the social media platforms are almost the sole power in shaping people's opinions, and NOW individuals can scream their head off to a cam and put somewhere available for everyone in their society to see it if they are interested. Considering the gender issues are the basics of social life in human culture everywhere on the planet, everyone is bound to be interested more than once in it in their life times, in some way or another. People even have become vloggers/bloggers to make unbelievable profit and fame from this as well as other issues. Everybody is angry about something, why not make a profit of it?

Technology gave everyone a voice and that's been giving its results. I guess, it is almost impossible for the most of young generations to imagine that a very short time ago, there were no medium(s) to do this. So nothing is actually different than before. Modern feminism is the same feminism that has been all along. The mediums changed, the language canged. Women and men are doing this, because NOW they can.

And they will do it until some sort of a balance has been reached. Then after transformation of the society, it will calm down for some time, lose its heat and people will start doing it again. Then this 'modern feminism' which was defined as 'posionous' will look like a very ordinary wave born like the previous ones, but the future one will AGAIN be very 'posionous' and different for the ones living in it.

I love my freaking species. Anyone can say a tons of bad things about us and they would be right, but we are never actually dull.
I have to strongly disagree with you, the notion that modern day feminism is the same as it used to be is completely insane. Modern day sjws consist of people bitching about videogames, a patriarchy that doesn't even exist anymore, and "Micro aggressions", meanwhile feminism used to be a movement that was fighting for women's rights in a time when they actually were oppressed.

Jannabear

Quote from: Shiranu on January 09, 2016, 03:08:58 PM
So you getting trolled on the internet by a small group of angry people is therefor what you base your world view of people who care about equality and feminism on.

Most sjws don't care about equality, they care about their brand of "equality".

Baruch

Jannabear .. that is the problem with most political designations ... they don't mean what they used to mean ... assuming they meant anything at all.  Better to be issues specific ... "are you for or against legalizing gay marriage' for example.  This is why most American politics has become a battle of litmus test issues ... not about broad designations like "liberal" or "conservative".  I could find both liberals and conservatives who are for, or who are against legalizing gay marriage.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Nonsensei

First of all these people aren't trolling. They really believe this shit. Second, how many of them there are is irrelevant, though I think there are more of them than you would ever want to admit. What matters is that they are the ones getting noticed. They're the ones appearing on CNN and getting to speak at the United Nations asking them to pass a law silencing their critics. Number don't matter because the radical wing of feminism and liberalism is the one actually being seen. To anyone outside the group, the group is defined by them.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Hydra009

*calls up Sargon of Akkad*

Hey, you know all those SJWs and radical feminists you cover?  They're all trolls.  Yeah, I know, right?  They seemed pretty convincing to me, too.  But yeah, false alarm.  There's no problem here whatsoever.  What's that?  You're going to shut down your channel and do Let's Plays from now on?  Sounds great.  Bye.

Shiranu

Trolling - "make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."

Oops.