News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Soylent is Here-But Not Green

Started by stromboli, March 20, 2013, 12:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://soylent.me/

Seriously. Here's the deal. I'm buying a new bicycle in about two weeks, probably a Mongoose Ledge 29" incher mountain bike. I'm on the mailing list for this shit. I'm going to see if it works as advertised, will get on an intensive diet/bicycle plan and try to lose weight. I weigh 245 right now, about 60 lbs over weight. I'm going to try to lose it in record time. I'll keep you updated.

I am on an intensive whole grain cereal/ chicken/tuna/salmon diet. I make my own whole grain breads.

oh, and btw, if you know a better mountain bike for around $300 or less, let me know. Thanks.

NitzWalsh

Soy gives me bad gas. I'll give Soylent a pass until they make it out of people.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

The Skeletal Atheist

I'm not trying that unless it involves some good people. :P
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Brian37

Quote from: "NitzWalsh"Soy gives me bad gas. I'll give Soylent a pass until they make it out of people.

Now that is just sick, atheists should just stick to barbecued kittens.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Jason78

Quote from: "Brian37"
Quote from: "NitzWalsh"Soy gives me bad gas. I'll give Soylent a pass until they make it out of people.

Babies aren't people?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

NitzWalsh

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "Brian37"

Babies aren't people?

No, this is why I support late term abortions... up until the 18th birthday...
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Plu

Fascinating stuff, but I kinda fear that the proper ratios will be different for each person and that some people will have a seriously bad trip trying this.

Still, it sounds interesting and I'd like to hear how it turns out.

NitzWalsh

I would also imagine those ratios would change over time.

Will be interesting to follow over time though. See if the guy dies from it or something.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Jason78"Babies aren't people?

Of course not. Their brains are empty.

stromboli

Aw gee, thanks for all the love. Anyway I'll keep you posted.

ParaGoomba Slayer

Re:
I ordered 2 weeks worth. Should be getting it in January. The reason I'm skinny is because I'm too lazy to make food, and will only feed myself once the hunger overrides the pleasure of being a (not)fat, lazy piece of shit and just sitting playing video games or whatever.

I also have a habit of staying up late and raping the snooze button, so I don't give myself enough time to eat a full meal in the morning before work.

If I could just down a pitcher of this in the morning it would be great. Plus, I need more fiber in my diet yet it's such a pain in the ass to get 100% every day that I just don't.

Soylent doesn't actually contain any soy. Err, well it didn't use to. Apparently now it contains a tiny, token amount of soy for legal reasons.
[size=150]Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision.[/size]

[size=150]Your liberty to swing your fist ends just where my nose begins. This is very simple reasoning that is applied to everything, EXCEPT infant circumcision for some stupid fucking reason.[/size]

Solitary

Build your own bicycle, it's very easy to do. I built both of my son's Moto Cross bicycles by buying the frames and accessories. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Plu

Any update on this, Stromboli? It's been a few months now :P