Clinton will "get to the bottom" of UFOs.

Started by Valigarmander, January 05, 2016, 05:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valigarmander

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/264650-clinton-aliens-may-have-visited-us-already
QuoteHillary Clinton says that aliens may have already visited humanity.

"I think we may have been [visited already]. We don't know for sure," the Democratic presidential front-runner told The Conway Daily Sun during a campaign stop in New Hampshire last week.

Her comment came after being asked about her husband Bill Clinton's comments during an appearance on late-night show "Jimmy Kimmel Live" in 2014, when he suggested that extraterrestrial life could exist.

"I just hope it's not like 'Independence Day,'" said Clinton, referring to the film where aliens attack earth.

Hillary Clinton told a Sun reporter that she would "get to the bottom" of UFOs. The reporter said the two spoke before, in 2007, when Hillary Clinton said the top open-records request her husband receive at his library involved UFOs.

She also noted that campaign chairman John Podesta, who served as White House chief of staff under Bill Clinton and in Barack Obama's White House, is a major fan of UFO theories.

"He has made me personally pledge we are going to get the information out," Clinton said. "One way or another. Maybe we could have, like, a task force to go to Area 51."
Aww, you can't embed Youtube videos? I was totally going to stick the X-Files theme here.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

And they tried to paint Al Gore as a looney for talking about global warming? Speculating about aliens is irrelevant and has no place in her job description.  I know some dumb interviewer brought it up, but she should have redirected immediately and gone on to unemployment, terrorism, or the economy.  I hope I can force this memory out of my brain when she becomes president.

stromboli

Trying to broaden her base by appealing to conspiracy theorists? That'll get her elected. If husband Bill didn't find out anything after 8 years in the White House, makes me think she isn't serious.

(Sexist comment removed because juvenile)

Munch

I'm such a bad person, but when it says getting to bottom of UFOs, I think getting to the bottom of aliens.. which leads me to think of..

[spoiler][/spoiler]
(NSFW!!)
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

TomFoolery

Quote from: SGOS on January 05, 2016, 07:37:51 AM
I know some dumb interviewer brought it up, but she should have redirected immediately and gone on to unemployment, terrorism, or the economy. 

You're worried about aliens blowing up L.A. with some fancy death ray? You know what's really blowing up L.A., Mike (Wallace)? Handguns. Also, racial profiling, police injustice and poverty. O_o

Still not as sexy, but there are lots of fun ways to make a point.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: TomFoolery on January 05, 2016, 08:13:19 AM
You're worried about aliens blowing up L.A. with some fancy death ray? You know what's really blowing up L.A., Mike (Wallace)? Handguns. Also, racial profiling, police injustice and poverty. O_o

Still not as sexy, but there are lots of fun ways to make a point.

Hillary is not that far off. It has happened before, so...

TomFoolery

Quote from: josephpalazzo on January 05, 2016, 08:33:23 AM
Hillary is not that far off. It has happened before, so...

I guess that actually makes twice...
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: stromboli on January 05, 2016, 08:09:33 AM
Trying to broaden her base by appealing to conspiracy theorists?
Are you absolutely sure that's such a bad idea? I mean, at least UFO conspiracists are benign. If it get's her a few votes, it may be a smart thing to say. You might be surprised how may people actually believe in extraterrestrial conspiracies.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on January 05, 2016, 09:00:41 AM
Are you absolutely sure that's such a bad idea? I mean, at least UFO conspiracists are benign. If it get's her a few votes, it may be a smart thing to say. You might be surprised how may people actually believe in extraterrestrial conspiracies.

Not good.  Republicans already think that Democrats are reptilian aliens ... it would energize their base if proof was provided ;-)

But no, I can't believe she said this!  And I can't believe that anyone who ran for office and said this, wouldn't have to immediately cancel their stupid campaign ;-(

Too bad Nimoy is gone ... this could have provided several episodes of "Ancient Politicians" ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

OK, it was on the Jimmy Kimmel show, where people joke around, plus it was well over a year ago.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

SGOS

Quote from: Atheon on January 05, 2016, 02:21:41 PM
OK, it was on the Jimmy Kimmel show, where people joke around, plus it was well over a year ago.

Thank God!  At least I can fiddle with the context, and chalk it up to just being silly.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Atheon on January 05, 2016, 02:21:41 PM
OH! I overlooked that part! That shed's a whole new light on it...
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com