News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Cruz straps one on

Started by GSOgymrat, January 01, 2016, 03:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

Cruz tells volunteers: “strap on the full armor of God”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/12/31/cruz-tells-volunteers-strap-on-the-full-armor-of-god/

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) told volunteers Thursday he believes the Republican presidential contest will be decided in the next 90 days, but warned them to get ready for a nasty ride.

"I want to tell everyone to get ready, strap on the full armor of God, get ready for the attacks that are coming," a hoarse-sounding Cruz told volunteers on a conference call. "Come the month of January we ain’t seen nothing yet."

The call, part thank you and update to volunteers and part fundraising pitch where listeners could press a button to give a donation, comes after Cruz's campaign announced it raised nearly $20 million last quarter as the Texas Republican ascended in the polls in both Iowa, the nation's first voting state, and nationally. ...

Screw U Cruz, this election I plan on wielding a +2 Sword of the Planes and a +2 Mace of Terror while wearing undead controlling armor!

stromboli

So Cruz has a strap on. Interesting. Yes, I will go there.

SGOS

Well this sounds quite dramatic and all, but it's just a bunch of guys trying to get elected to a better job with more power.  Armor?  Battle?  Glory in the name of God?  Maybe we should  all sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic, as we prepare for the primary elections. 

A couple of quick drum rolls please.  Now start a repetitive marching cadence on the snare drums, followed by the flutes and don't start singing until the whole band joins in. Then we'll all march off to the polls together to elect Ted.  God Damn!  Every time we sang that song in Sunday School, it just made we want to out and vote:

Mine eyes have seen the glory
Of the coming of the Lord
He is trampling out the vintage
Where the grapes of wrath are stored
He has loosed the fateful lightening
Of His terrible swift sword
His truth is marching on

Glory, glory, hallelujah
Glory, glory, hallelujah
Glory, glory, hallelujah
Our God is marching on

stromboli

I'm still trying to figure out prayer warriors.

"I will smite thee down, metaphorical Satan, with my metaphorical weapon of mass destruction that will in my imagination make mince meat out of thee......... Look! I found my keys! It works!

SGOS

The Battle Hymn was really my favorite hymn.  It had what a 10 year old needed.  Total power over bullies at school sung to a marching beat, and feeding a fantasy that with the right music, I would be indestructible, and would reduce my enemies to ashes.  All through the power of song!

josephpalazzo

Why do I keep thinking that Cruz is more dangerous than the Don?!??

SGOS

Quote from: josephpalazzo on January 01, 2016, 10:45:37 AM
Why do I keep thinking that Cruz is more dangerous than the Don?!??

Maybe it's because Christians aren't as meek and moral, or love their neighbors as much as they pretend.  Maybe because some of them devote their lives to oppressing the rights of others.  Or maybe it's just because Cruz is a politician.  And with Trump as consumed with himself as he is, he's kind of hard to take seriously.  I keep remembering him as that guy who hosted a reality TV show with a really stupid premise.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on January 01, 2016, 10:17:07 AM
Well this sounds quite dramatic and all, but it's just a bunch of guys trying to get elected to a better job with more power.  Armor?  Battle?  Glory in the name of God?  Maybe we should  all sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic, as we prepare for the primary elections. 

A couple of quick drum rolls please.  Now start a repetitive marching cadence on the snare drums, followed by the flutes and don't start singing until the whole band joins in. Then we'll all march off to the polls together to elect Ted.  God Damn!  Every time we sang that song in Sunday School, it just made we want to out and vote:

Mine eyes have seen the glory
Of the coming of the Lord
He is trampling out the vintage
Where the grapes of wrath are stored
He has loosed the fateful lightening
Of His terrible swift sword
His truth is marching on

Glory, glory, hallelujah
Glory, glory, hallelujah
Glory, glory, hallelujah
Our God is marching on

Self righteous Yankees ;-)  Goober Peas = Peanuts

Sitting by the roadside on a summer's day
Chatting with my mess-mates, passing time away
Lying in the shadows underneath the trees
Goodness, how delicious, eating goober peas.

Chorus:
Peas, peas, peas, peas
Eating goober peas
Goodness, how delicious,
Eating goober peas.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

stromboli

Cruz with a strap on is a meme waiting to be born.

Nonsensei

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Baruch

Quote from: Nonsensei on January 01, 2016, 08:11:49 PM

A paranoid mind is like a fortress with its gates barred and guarded, even against friends ;-)

Both are dysfunctional (as we have defined them).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Nonsensei

Quote from: Baruch on January 01, 2016, 08:54:30 PM
A paranoid mind is like a fortress with its gates barred and guarded, even against friends ;-)

Both are dysfunctional (as we have defined them).

Not a Warhammer fan i'm guessing
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Nonsensei on January 01, 2016, 08:11:49 PM