Texan Sri Lankan Couple/DREAMer Children Christmas Deportation

Started by Shiranu, December 22, 2015, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

http://www.sacurrent.com/Blogs/archives/2015/12/22/sri-lankan-couple-from-sa-face-deportation-along-with-their-dreamer-children

QuoteThe Randeniya children are facing their first Christmas without their father, Saman.

Authorities arrested Saman during a check-in with immigration officials on December 1, who then warned his wife, Namali, that she and her three children, aged 14, 15 and 18, would be deported if they didn't leave the country by January 7. Now, Saman's at the Pearsall Detention Center.

“For my children this [America] is the only home they know. My children do not even call themselves Sri Lankan, the see themselves as Americans," Namali says in a RAICES press release. "This is where they grew up. My oldest is attending NW Vista College and my younger two children are still attending John Marshall High school. My children would be strangers in Sri Lanka, they don’t even speak our language!”

Generations ago, the Randeniya family fled Sri Lanka. They moved to the U.S. in 2005, according to RAICES, a nonprofit that provides legal services to immigrants. .

The children are all DREAMers, according to RAICES, who are eligible for relief under President Barack Obama's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, which the Supreme Court is taking up after a coalition of states â€" led by Texas, naturally â€" sued.

RAICES calls the federal government's move to deport the family alarming because the children are DREAMers â€" a group the Obama administration has said are no longer a priority for removal.

Absolutely ridiculous. Texas leads a coalition of 28-some states in opposing any sort of immigration reform or relief... it's embarrassing and inhumane.

At least in a generation or two whites will be the minority and the state will be predominately Latino... who vote more Democrat and progressive. Still... it's complete bullshit that it takes changing demographics to do the right thing rather than the Southern white stuck in the "glory days" of racist bullshit realising how disgusting their actions are to change.

And on fucking Christmas of all times of the year. So Christian of them.

^--- the faces of evil immigrants invading our country (according to politicians).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Obama is more anti-immigrant than George W.  Which is why he is clearly a reptilian Marxist, right?  Some Black folk are John Birchers.  Not all Hispanics are liberal ... many of them are reactionary Catholics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on December 22, 2015, 07:26:10 PM
Obama is more anti-immigrant than George W.  Which is why he is clearly a reptilian Marxist, right?  Some Black folk are John Birchers.  Not all Hispanics are liberal ... many of them are reactionary Catholics.

While Obama has done alot that I appreciate... his immigration and warmongering has been woeful.

As for the Hispanics... a large part of Texan politics is based on ethnicity and age; minorities and young tend to vote Democrat and whites (outside of the major cities) vote predominately Republican. Latinos however dominate in birth rates and lower-average age so the days of old white conservatives having the power is getting shorter and shorter in the Lone Star state. It's all a matter of numbers and slowly but surely the generation of old racists and "grrr government be evil cuz my grand-daddy from the civil war said so! Damn federals!" are dying off.

The fact that 27 percent vote Republican quite startles me given how much Republicans hate Mexicans but... that number has been getting smaller and smaller and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Don't expect much support for homosexuals though, from Hispanics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.