Main Menu

How Liberals argue

Started by pr126, December 19, 2015, 02:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

CloneKai

:s_laugh:

so funny
I especially like the way there expressions weren't changing at all.
And the demonizing America statement came at the right time, after demonizing the bad guys

SGOS

I have run into people like that, and it did a good job at parodying a specific line of arguing, but I don't think it represents most liberals, just the ones that get lost in logic or those that rely solely on politically correct talking points.  Incoherent fallacy filled arguments cut  across all ideologies.

I noticed the end of the video showed a teaser:  "  If you can type, you can make your own movie."  I don't have a movie in mind, but it sounds like fun.  I'm guessing the movie always features those two bots, and as long as you only script dialog, you can make a Woody Allen type cartoon.  The bots had those typical electronic voices that result from transferring text to speech.  I'm going to check out that site.  I find the idea intriguing.

SGOS

The teaser at the end was for xtranormal.com, which apparently was discontinued in 2013, but it's been bought out by another outfit, and there are other similar sites.  Unfortunately, they require a subscription.  I find the idea interesting, but not interesting enough to pay money to fiddle around with it.  I fiddle around too much as it is.

Hijiri Byakuren

I'm offensive, and I find this progressive.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Changing format doesn't change the message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obTNwPJvOI8

Do you know how academics think and talk?  These are the kinds of people who are PC ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Nonsensei

What a load of bullshit. Its like if I made a video with the liberal making reasoned arguments about fairness and cool headed moderate foreign policy stances, and then made the conservatives every answer be mindless mumbling about how brown people arent trustworthy. And then of course labeled it "how conservatives think" or some other crap.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Jack89

"I am a teacher.  I teach political science at Berkeley." I got a chuckle out of that one.  The liberal stereotypes in this are a little over the top, but not far from the mark. 

SGOS

A more realistic and entertaining script for the video might be to have both ends of the continuum shoveling irrelevant extremist bullshit at each other, while through the window we see corporate America silently moving tanks and aircraft carriers into battle formations.

stromboli

Oh good. Now I can stop pretending and go back to the secretly bigoted conservative I always was.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jannabear

Modern day feminism is the poison that is corrupting the word, liberal.

Baruch

Quote from: Jannabear on January 09, 2016, 03:15:58 AM
Modern day feminism is the poison that is corrupting the word, liberal.

I can address this.  Most people aren't liberals, including most Liberals.  The default position of humans is Conservative.  Just think Hillary Clinton.  There are Progressives however aka neo-libs ... but they are conservative, though less militant than neocons.  Feminists are Progressives, and so they are neo-libs.  A really liberal person, would be both tolerant and empathetic toward just about anything, including transgenders.  Our species isn't advanced enough to do cis-genders right, let alone transgenders.  Sorry you were born in the Stone Age.  Don't forget your flint, it is useful for starting fires ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.