News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello from the unenlightend state of Texas

Started by jonnytexas, March 19, 2013, 11:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

Quote from: "Brian37"Not all of Texas is bat shit insane.
[Dubious - Discuss]

Welcome to the Forum :D
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

NitzWalsh

Quote from: "Jason78"
[Dubious - Discuss]

Welcome to the Forum :D

It is home to The Atheist Experience. I love those guys.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Thumpalumpacus

The Happy Atheist Forum is also run from here.
<insert witty aphorism here>

rickcopeland648

Of course not. Some of i'all be jes be plain stupid, y'all... In Texas the stupid is a ubiquitous[sup:875fzxae]1[/sup:875fzxae] as Sbarro is in mall food courts...

Quote from: "Brian37"Austin has sane people in it moreso than the rest of the state...

Which say be nufin y'all...

Quote from: "Brian37"and Huston has a lesbian mayor.

And some of th'all even have black friends, y'all...
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

"Syphilis is the algebra of infection."

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Sal1981

Welcome.

It's good having someone to share with.

ticdog

Hi Johnny

Welcome  !!  

I am also in Texas  ( Austin )

Being from NYC  I am not impressed with Texas mentality I have never met so many
proud Republicans and racists in my life but I do love the weather. :-D
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

rickcopeland648

The only people impressed with Texas are those who were born and raised there. To everyone else y'all be a fucking joke... Seriously... And Amarillo is the biggest shit hole in the universe...
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

"Syphilis is the algebra of infection."

Solitary

:-D  Welcome aboard Tex! Another forum I'm on has Texans running it. You are not alone in Texas. And you sure aren't alone being here with the infidels. Bill
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Aletheia

Currently residing in a rural part of Texas, and yes it is bat shit insane here. Then again, I wasn't exactly born here, so that might have a tiny bit to do with it. For a population of less than 30,000, there are at least 200+ churches in this area. There is an outright dislike of homosexuals, blacks are just now being welcomed - although some stores go quiet and extremely polite when a black person enters, and people are still dubious about the prospect of women working outside the home. Many of the women's life long ambition still involves having babies - and when asked what they hope to teach their children, 95% said "to read."

It hasn't all been bad. I've found quite a few atheists locally in this "god blessed" area, the locals are typically polite, and although they might be simple folk, they'll help you out - religious or not. I'd still want to leave this state eventually though. I've had all the creationist bs I can stand.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Colanth

Quote from: "Aletheia"Currently residing in a rural part of Texas, and yes it is bat shit insane here. Then again, I wasn't exactly born here, so that might have a tiny bit to do with it. For a population of less than 30,000, there are at least 200+ churches in this area. There is an outright dislike of homosexuals, blacks are just now being welcomed - although some stores go quiet and extremely polite when a black person enters, and people are still dubious about the prospect of women working outside the home. Many of the women's life long ambition still involves having babies - and when asked what they hope to teach their children, 95% said "to read."
If you use the time machine that sent the forum back 2 months (just crank the dials a lot), you might be able to travel all the way forward to the later part of the 20th century.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.