News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello from the unenlightend state of Texas

Started by jonnytexas, March 19, 2013, 11:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnytexas

Hi All, good to be here.  I find I have few people to vent to about being an atheist, so thought it would be good to find a place to vent.  I find if I bring up anything quesationing religion (most often christianity) I get looked at like I'm the crazy one.  I'm not the one who believes in imaginary friends and immaculate conception.
You mean all I have to do is say "sorry God" and all is forgiven?....I\'m gonna have some fun then

Brian37

Not all of Texas is bat shit insane. Austin has sane people in it moreso than the rest of the state and Huston has a lesbian mayor. Plus it gave 40% of the vote to Obama, and that trend is growing there so in less than a decade it is expected to become a swing state.

Now let me welcome you with my standard welcome.

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off your mattress. :P
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Bibliofagus

Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

jonnytexas

I voted for the lesbian lawyer, and yes its changing, but my work takes me into the country sometimes....wow they are nuts.  They are sitting around waiting to shoot someone
You mean all I have to do is say "sorry God" and all is forgiven?....I\'m gonna have some fun then

Brian37

Quote from: "jonnytexas"I voted for the lesbian lawyer, and yes its changing, but my work takes me into the country sometimes....wow they are nuts.  They are sitting around waiting to shoot someone

Our fundies are like the Japanese soldiers who hung on Imperial propaganda,(Fox News) and long after the war is over, being stuck in remote myth(Islands) they cant see that time has passed them by.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

SvZurich

Howdy Jonny!  :D  Being in Texas, I am surprised your name ain't Johnny.  :)  I'm from Shreveport, in the state next door to your east.  I prefer living in Las Vegas.  Good to meet you.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

Fluffhead

Hello hope you enjoy your stay here.
[size=150]
?But I Sure Have Some Powerful Pills?
[/size][/color]

Fidel_Castronaut

Welcome jonny :) good to have you around.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

aitm

Quote from: "Brian37"Not all of Texas is bat shit insane.

:-s

[-X
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

Meh, I would move back to Texas, its been my favorite state next to Hawaii (which is too damn expensive). San Marcos/New Branfuels/Austin are more sane than most of the united states.

But digressing... Texas isn't all bad and welcome.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Thumpalumpacus

Hiya Jonny -- Hill Country, here.
<insert witty aphorism here>

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "aitm"
Quote from: "Brian37"Not all of Texas is bat shit insane.

:-s

[-X

:lol:

There's certainly been a metric shitload of people from Texas that are or were in the past members of this forum. You're definitely not alone, jonny. Welcome.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

WitchSabrina

gotta love Texas

Welcome sane person from Texas.  You must be lonely there.  lol
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Mister Agenda

Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina