Google's logo is on evolution, to Christians, how outrageous are you?

Started by josephpalazzo, November 24, 2015, 11:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Yep, internet built on the science that bites you in the butt...

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mr.Obvious

I don't understand science and don't want it in my home! So I'll get on my hightech computer and tell The world!

... Seriously...
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 24, 2015, 03:33:23 PM
I don't understand science and don't want it in my home! So I'll get on my hightech computer and tell The world!

... Seriously...

For some people, sufficiently advanced technology seems like magic ... for others sufficiently advanced magic seems like technology ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: Munch on November 24, 2015, 02:13:01 PM
This piece I like to call 'idiots on evolution'

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/11/24/christians-on-twitter-are-complaining-about-todays-evolution-google-doodle/

Lol, I like the second one.  The "something from nothing" argument never fails to amuse, since evolution has nothing whatsoever to do with "something from nothing", but that is EXACTLY the creation myth.
This sentence is a lie...

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Google changes their logo all the time.  You were asleep and missed it ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

MilesAbbott

Quote from: widdershins on November 27, 2015, 02:08:32 PM
Lol, I like the second one.  The "something from nothing" argument never fails to amuse, since evolution has nothing whatsoever to do with "something from nothing", but that is EXACTLY the creation myth.

Oh, is that so? If the primordial soup ever existed, then is the matter of which it is comprised not at all relevant to the conversation? Where did the matter making the primordial soup come from, smart guy? You have no answer, NO ANSWER AT ALL, because you are a great, gigantic idiot.

Baruch

Quote from: MilesAbbott on December 04, 2015, 01:44:10 AM
Oh, is that so? If the primordial soup ever existed, then is the matter of which it is comprised not at all relevant to the conversation? Where did the matter making the primordial soup come from, smart guy? You have no answer, NO ANSWER AT ALL, because you are a great, gigantic idiot.

The primordial soup came from the primordial chef ;-)

Well organic molecules in space that were in the solar nebula, plus the formation of the first ocean on Earth.  Also organic molecules form naturally outside of living things, in the storms of the early atmosphere (high in methane etc).  Much of this has been demonstrated by observation, geology, and lab experiments.  Though you won't have time to create more than organic goo ... no bacteria etc.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.