who else is afraid donald trump will get elected?

Started by doorknob, November 29, 2015, 10:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerard

Quote from: TomFoolery on December 09, 2015, 03:24:44 PM
I think this eagle speaks for us all...

One wonder what the Donald was thinking when he arranged a photo op with the Eagle.

Gerard

stromboli

Look at the bright side. Gun prices will go even lower.

TomFoolery

Quote from: Gerard on December 09, 2015, 03:42:39 PM
One wonder what the Donald was thinking when he arranged a photo op with the Eagle.

Gerard

It was for a TIME magazine cover story, if you can believe it.
http://time.com/4141783/time-person-of-the-year-runner-up-donald-trump-eagle-gif/
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

josephpalazzo

Trump is in to the finish: he has the money so he doesn't have to answer to anyone; he has threatened to go solo if the GOP don't accept him. Anyone remembers Perrot and how the GOP lost even with an incumbent president? The GOP can't afford to run him out or else the party will be be run out.

Hydra009

Quote from: TomFoolery on December 09, 2015, 04:40:19 PM
It was for a TIME magazine cover story, if you can believe it.
http://time.com/4141783/time-person-of-the-year-runner-up-donald-trump-eagle-gif/
Trump:  "How's my hair look?"

Like Bernie Sanders and Doc Brown can make fun of it!  What do you think it looks like?!

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Sylar on December 09, 2015, 01:44:06 AM
The Bush administration may have wanted the 9/11 attacks to happen.
They may have needed them to happen.
Perhaps they were even overjoyed that they happened.

But none of these mean that the administration carried out the attacks.
I never claimed they did, and I don't even lean in that direction. The direction I lean in is that they let them happen, and that's just as bad as making them happen, because 3000 avoidable dead bodies are 3000 avoidable dead bodies.

trdsf

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 09, 2015, 06:52:41 PM
I never claimed they did, and I don't even lean in that direction. The direction I lean in is that they let them happen, and that's just as bad as making them happen, because 3000 avoidable dead bodies are 3000 avoidable dead bodies.
I won't quite say that I believe the Bush administration deliberately ignored warning signs hoping for a "Pearl Harbor" event that they could use to leverage the country into war... but given the existence of the August 6 PDB and the Phoenix Memo, I can't convince myself that they didn't.  That's as close as I'm willing to get to the conspiracy theory.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Gerard on December 09, 2015, 02:28:48 AM
There's a thing called burden of proof. We saw what happened. The rest is to be proven by the people who make allegations, but don't tell us that refusing to swallow unsubstantiated and opinionated political bullshit is "faith". You're at the wrong address for that.

Gerard
Where did I tell you to swallow anything? Read what I actually am claiming before you post. I don't think it was an inside job.

You know why you should remain agnostic about the event imo? The United States is currently in bed with Al Qaeda. They created Al Qaeda before 9/11. They armed Al Qaeda. They are arming Al Qaeda as we speak! Seriously. Shouldn't that be what is seen as offensive to victims family members? Your countries continued arming and supporting of Al Qaeda? The Congresswoman from Hawaii said it a few days ago. "Stop arming Al Qaeda!", she said on CNN a few days ago. This was the same lady that Hillary Clinton got disinvited from the Democratic Debates. Hmm. I wonder why? You're not allowed to be anti-Al Qaeda anymore, I guess. You question those who are in bed with Al Qaeda and you get shamed for it. That is beyond lame.

So tell me again, why should you be putting your trust in the official story that was put out by the American government, who is Al Qaeda's best friend at the moment, and was their best friend years prior to 9/11? The US is Al Qaeda. Rand Paul says that ISIS is obviously an ally of the United States. Tell me, what incentive did the Americans have to stop the 9/11 attacks? Doing so would have destroyed their whole agenda. You can give me no motivation for the United States to stop the attacks. Isn't motive supposed to be kind of an important thing though, Gerard? So you see, I'm not telling you to buy anything.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: trdsf on December 09, 2015, 07:05:55 PM
I won't quite say that I believe the Bush administration deliberately ignored warning signs hoping for a "Pearl Harbor" event that they could use to leverage the country into war... but given the existence of the August 6 PDB and the Phoenix Memo, I can't convince myself that they didn't.  That's as close as I'm willing to get to the conspiracy theory.
And that is my position as well. Agnosticism. I don't doubt that Al Qaeda guys hijacked the planes. I doubt that Bush would have stopped the attack or wanted to stop it.

JBCuzISaidSo

OK, so, it may have happened this one conspiracy-based way, and I can't take sides here, but MAYBE, so...(dot, dot,dot)...

STFU.
It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

Baruch

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 09, 2015, 06:52:41 PM

And like Pearl Harbor and FDR ... it was immoral, but necessary ... as it turned out.  Of course such deliberate malfeasance won't always turn out well.  George W wasn't FDR ... nor as lucky.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on December 10, 2015, 12:59:47 AM
Petition to ban Trump from UK passes 300K, could be debated in Parliament

Meh this is just being silly (like the Justin Bieber petitions). Let him come and (probably?) be laughed at as the joke he is. Banning him just seems petty.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

I don't expect Mr Trump to be welcome in Mexico City either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Shiranu on December 10, 2015, 01:04:07 AM
Meh this is just being silly (like the Justin Bieber petitions). Let him come and (probably?) be laughed at as the joke he is. Banning him just seems petty.
We want to show our solidarity with Muslims.
Anyone badmouths Muslims or Islam is persona non grata in the UK.

I am watching how the media is demonizing Trump.
All photos depict him in the worst possible unflattering light. He is portrayed as a loony.

Well, he is not a democrat. In the USA that is worse that being a serial killer.