what name can be given to the era in which we live?

Started by SoldierofFortune, December 03, 2015, 01:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 04, 2015, 01:31:10 PM
It's a Warhammer 40k reference.  The "Dark Age" was actually one of unparalleled technological mastery and personal freedom that the current despotic regime paints as horrible.  Its name is intentionally ironic.
I know it's a 40k reference, I've made many myself, it just seemed a little out of place. :P
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

I also meant it as a tongue-in-cheek assertion that we're at the pre-catastrophe stage on the 40k timeline.

SGOS

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 04, 2015, 11:50:50 AM
Kardashian Era.
Caitlyn Jenner Era.
The Era of Cait.
Transjenner Era.

People in general pay more attention to the Kardashians than they pay attention to what's going on around the world. Mainstream media won't STFU about this infotainment crap when big stuff is happening around the world. Why waste people's time with real news when you can let them know how Caitlyn Kardashian's week went? That's what we really want to know, right? Kardashian Era sounds about right.

I remember one deep thinker type in college who said, "If you really want to know what's happening in America, read Dear Abby and Teen Forum."  It's starting to make sense to me now. :biggrin:

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 04, 2015, 11:50:50 AM
Kardashian Era.
Caitlyn Jenner Era.
The Era of Cait.
Transjenner Era.

People in general pay more attention to the Kardashians than they pay attention to what's going on around the world. Mainstream media won't STFU about this infotainment crap when big stuff is happening around the world. Why waste people's time with real news when you can let them know how Caitlyn Kardashian's week went? That's what we really want to know, right? Kardashian Era sounds about right.

I don't