Westboro Baptist Christian or devout Muslim, which one?

Started by josephpalazzo, November 09, 2015, 02:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2015, 05:01:52 PM
But that implies racism, unless you want to call all people violent (as I do), that some people are genetically Third World or are genetically destructive.  Of course one might be, in some way, genetically Arabic ... but I don't see First World Arabs or Muslims as being any more dangerous than others.  Of course Third World people ... are to be handled carefully and humanely.  And destructive people .. are to be handled carefully and humanely if possible, and destroyed if that isn't possible, for the greater good.  But I don't see any religion or ideology being genetic (Nazis not withstanding).
Yeah...where the hell is JonB, our Briton for denial, now?
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

sasuke

Devout Muslims would keep to themselves most likely, especially in the US, where they don't make up a large percentage of the total population.  So I would prefer to live next door to WBC, because I enjoy laughing at others, and these "wonderful" people don't seem like they're shy about their brand of stupid. 

Shiranu

QuoteThe most radical 'Christians' one can think of are the Westboro bunch.

Actually, I think most people would think of probably groups from Africa, where they behead people, rape people, burn people for being witches ... or are causing tens of thousands of Muslims to flee or be killed.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jack89

Westboro Baptist Church, without a doubt.  As crazy as they are, I've never heard of them getting violent.  I can't say that about devout muslims.

Ace101

Quote from: josephpalazzo on November 09, 2015, 02:49:12 PM
So given a choice between a Westboro Baptist Christian or a devout Muslim to be your next door neighbor, which one would you choose and WHY.
That'd depend, not all devout Muslims are Islamist - meaning they may live according to strict Islamic law but don't feel a compulsion to impose it on their neighbors, which the Westboro cult does.

(For that matter not all devout Christians do; Amish for example don't try to convert people to their way of life).

Baruch

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 12, 2015, 01:32:59 AM
Yeah...where the hell is JonB, our Briton for denial, now?

He realized we don't break at 4pm for high tea ... so he has moved on ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.