How can it be possible for us to be "born in sin"?

Started by peacewithoutgod, November 12, 2015, 12:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g2perk

That's fine it can be what ever you think best but the fact still remains if you do aybeone of Ten Commandments you will face consequences point blank. Nothing may not happen to you today or tomorrow but keep doing it and see what happens. And that my friend is a promise. Maybe you know this as You reap what you sow.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Baruch

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 15, 2015, 06:26:30 PM
The question wasn't whether ideas are made up, it's whether you made up your own ideas. You said that people have ideas, not the other way around, which implies that you make up all of your own ideas without them ever taking hold of your mind as vectors from other minds which hosted them. Is that true or false, Baruch?

You are working this too hard.  Of course my ideas are part of the interacting sea of ideas ... both in my head, and going into and out of my head from other people and the general environment.  Your point?  I am not claiming to be different ... just freethinking.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: g2perk on November 15, 2015, 06:30:30 PM
That's fine it can be what ever you think best but the fact still remains if you do aybeone of Ten Commandments you will face consequences point blank. Nothing may not happen to you today or tomorrow but keep doing it and see what happens. And that my friend is a promise. Maybe you know this as You reap what you sow.

Stooping to idle threats, it's the swan song of the theist when he can no longer argue - why am I not surprised to see you making just like all the other nimwits who think the ready-made ideas which they happened on make them more wise than others?

Your god could not have created you because he hates everything that is natural in you, most of all it's the ability to think for yourself and learn from it. If he doesn't like that then he would have created you differently, and if this is all some weird and cruel test, then FUCK YOUR GOD either way! The existence of a god who hides in the shadows and buggers your mind with tests to so that he can select for maximum imbecility is so unlikely that it really isn't worth considering. People like you keep these ideas going because you want to believe you are smarter than others, when in fact you are good only at lying and con-jobbing people into supporting your lazy ass. You fuck with children's minds and you terrorize them into submission, so that they will not dare doubt your ideas later in life, and that makes you the ultimate terrorist! Fuck you, you con artist and terrorizer of children, and fuck your imaginary asshole of a god!
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

g2perk

No respond needs.........🙊

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on November 15, 2015, 06:38:03 PM
You are working this too hard.  Of course my ideas are part of the interacting sea of ideas ... both in my head, and going into and out of my head from other people and the general environment.  Your point?  I am not claiming to be different ... just freethinking.
You made the statement, now I want you to see if you can make any good sense of it.

I wasn't saying you were claiming to be different, but then what the hell is "freethinking" anyway? I'm glad that at least you think for yourself, however (and this is the point I was trying to make) when you have ideas which are theistic, they cannot be your own ideas. This is because there is no possible way that theistic ideas can have any originality - they suffer from the same conundrum of Keith Richards' admittedly not original licks (which he and most guitarists since him have been stealing from black artists and blues icons) times 100,000. The same old ideas have been rehashed so many times that it's impossible to add any more which would be truly different. Therefore, you can think for yourself and decide for yourself what you believe about quantum physics, and there is a real possibility that you would come up with a completely new and better explanation on how quantum particles interact, but the thought sphere of gods and supernatural things is a static one, and it always will be. Therefore, when you incorporate any religious ideas into your world view, you are not really thinking for yourself at all - this is where the ideas of others have you!
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

facebook164

Quote from: Baruch on November 15, 2015, 06:14:57 PM
Thanks Monsieur Descartes.  I think, therefore I am.  Really?  I slap you across the face, therefore both of us are real.  Get Empiricism not just milk.
It empirism all the way.

Quote from: Baruch on November 15, 2015, 06:14:57 PMA pile of rocks is extremely complex, more so than a single rock.  Yet it is not alive.
Life is a single process. It got complex by evolution.

Baruch

Quote from: facebook164 on November 15, 2015, 11:51:00 PM

It empirism all the way.
Life is a single process. It got complex by evolution.

I am not claiming the Gaia hypothesis, that everything is alive, or that the universe is a single organism.  I am not even a pantheist (that the universe is G-d) but a panentheist ... that the universe is immanence of G-d, but that G-d also transcends the universe.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

facebook164

Quote from: Baruch on November 16, 2015, 12:10:53 AM
I am not claiming the Gaia hypothesis, that everything is alive, or that the universe is a single organism.  I am not even a pantheist (that the universe is G-d) but a panentheist ... that the universe is immanence of G-d, but that G-d also transcends the universe.

? What the heck are you talking about? I am trying to discuss reality herr. You jyst writes som poetic shit.

Mike Cl

Quote from: g2perk on November 15, 2015, 04:43:25 PM
What do you mean no use. With out knowing right from wrong how would any one know what they should or should not do. Sin ( adultery, murder, etc.)tells society if you do these types of acts you will face the consequences of Your actions.

You always face the consequences of your actions--no matter if the consequences are good for you or bad for you (and sometimes one cannot tell which is which).  The society in which one lives tells us what is a 'sin' or not a 'sin'.  Wrong doing is always determined by the society as a whole.  'Good' or 'bad' is always a relative term and is largely determined by what a society thinks is what is best for the survival of that society.  You learn right from wrong from you upbringing, from your peers, and your society.  Then you select what is right and wrong for you.  No supernatural power (since none exists) can do that for you--you have to do that by yourself and for yourself.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: g2perk on November 15, 2015, 06:30:30 PM

The "Ten Commandments" are just common sense rules for living in a group, plus several items intended to keep the priests employed.

I wonder how Christians rationalize the fact that other societies, ones that had never heard of Jesus or the OT until the Missionary Jihad started, developed ethical systems?

We don't need YOUR god to be moral/ethical. It follows that we don't need ANY god to be moral/ethical.

As for your threats of punishment in the afterlife...

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: g2perk on November 15, 2015, 07:17:48 PM
No respond needs.........🙊

You are a vicious little creep who teaches child abuse, and you will be brought to justice, just like the murderous prayer healers and anti-vaxers!
:bluegrab:

g2perk

Typical....you give your people a bad name. 

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: g2perk on November 16, 2015, 07:43:08 AM
Typical....you give your people a bad name. 

But I got you to respond!  :1rij: :madu:

"your people" - now you're talking racism, and you aren't fooling anyone by playing the peacenik!

You have no future other than prison, for fraud and assault.

g2perk

Lol....you must be a lawyer

g2perk

I hear you...but we still must agree that the things in the 10 commandments if acted on can get you in trouble. If its murder than you will go to jail. That's all I am saying. I am not trying to convert none of you..just like you are not trying to convert me. We are just talking common sense.