How can it be possible for us to be "born in sin"?

Started by peacewithoutgod, November 12, 2015, 12:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

sex is sin. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Baruch

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 12, 2015, 08:13:49 PM
If Kosher is about contact with blood, then how can modern Judaism permit the consumption of any meat? It cannot exist without having grown through contact, direct or not, with the blood which fed it, carrying the nutrients which it allowed it to grow!

Black meets white.  One ... red blood is minimized ... or you aren't kosher.  Most Jews are not kosher.  Also the blood of fish don't count ... only land animal blood is treif (polluting).  I don't think ancient people realized that there were red blood cells in fish.  Also the eating of land animals, other than sheep and goats ... is either treif (pork) or hard to arrange in a kosher way (oxen).  Of course we are talking pre-science, not science.  But relative to Gentiles, the kosher Jews could be relatively hygienic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 12, 2015, 09:33:27 PM
sex is sin. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Damn, you're no fun!

I wish I was born into one of those religious cultures where sex was a holy act, performed at temple gatherings. Moloch was one of those gods, too bad it came with the bummer of child sacrifice. I mean, what a waste of good baby meat it was to toss them into its burning belly!
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

leo

Meh . Adam and Eve never existed. Arguing  about the details  that silly story is boring. We should argue about the plot of Star Wars the force awakens. Will Han Solo really die in the movie ?
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Baruch

Quote from: leo on November 13, 2015, 06:53:55 AM
Meh . Adam and Eve never existed. Arguing  about the details  that silly story is boring. We should argue about the plot of Star Wars the force awakens. Will Han Solo really die in the movie ?

Actually what happens to contemporary fictional character is important ... they represent different aspects of the modern psyche.  So Han Solo represents the older Baby Boomers, but Obie One represents the WW II generation.  With Biblical characters ... we already know how the story ends.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

WTF?? When you are born, you are just born.  But some ancient, apparently during a manic episode, had the brilliant idea to add the notion that we are "born in sin."  He just couldn't leave a natural thing alone, recognize it for what it was, and accept it.  But combining some gibberish to something real, embellishes the ordinary in such a way that humans perceive it as exceptionally insightful, lose all perspective, and adopt it into their culture.

SGOS

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 13, 2015, 08:51:53 AM
Sin big or go home.

I'll give Jesus credit for being well groomed and taking care of his looks.  He kept his hair washed, brushed and carefully trimmed, and a fine head of silky hair it was.  For such primitive times, he paid close attention to the trim of his beard, too.  While other men walked about with beards that were nothing more than wild hairy growths all over their face and chin, Jesus actually started the trend of beard trimming resulting in a clear crisp hairline between cheek and chin that defines the preferred style that lasted for centuries and culminated in the hippy generation of the 1960s and 70s.  Although, there was a short temporary flirtation with the slovenly style of President Rutherford B. Hayes and Osama bin Laden, who both tried but failed to reestablish the "I don't care what I look like," style of beard. 

Today, it's clear the "Jesus beard" still sets the standard for discriminating males, except that little cleft he leaves in the middle of his beard is a bit annoying, but maybe that's just a cultural thing.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 13, 2015, 08:51:53 AM
Sin big or go home.

Jesus never sinned, so why did he always pose with the bedroom eyes?

Jesus apparently wasn't Jewish either.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: SGOS on November 13, 2015, 09:18:59 AM
I'll give Jesus credit for being well groomed and taking care of his looks.  He kept his hair washed, brushed and carefully trimmed, and a fine head of silky hair it was.  For such primitive times, he paid close attention to the trim of his beard, too.  While other men walked about with beards that were nothing more than wild hairy growths all over their face and chin, Jesus actually started the trend of beard trimming resulting in a clear crisp hairline between cheek and chin that defines the preferred style that lasted for centuries and culminated in the hippy generation of the 1960s and 70s.  Although, there was a short temporary flirtation with the slovenly style of President Rutherford B. Hayes and Osama bin Laden, who both tried but failed to reestablish the "I don't care what I look like," style of beard. 

Today, it's clear the "Jesus beard" still sets the standard for discriminating males, except that little cleft he leaves in the middle of his beard is a bit annoying, but maybe that's just a cultural thing.

Jesus knew a constant source of flattering lighting is key to looking one's best, as is being fit and trim. Two thousand years and we still can't get enough Jesus!

"You can't enter heaven unless Jesus enters you!"

SGOS

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 13, 2015, 11:05:32 AM
Jesus knew a constant source of flattering lighting is key to looking ones best, as is being fit and trim.

Well, no doubt he went out of his way to look good.  Those gentle waves of hair were probably added for his portrait sitting that has become the Jesus we all know and love.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 13, 2015, 08:25:14 AM
WTF?? When you are born, you are just born.  But some ancient, apparently during a manic episode, had the brilliant idea to add the notion that we are "born in sin."  He just couldn't leave a natural thing alone, recognize it for what it was, and accept it.  But combining some gibberish to something real, embellishes the ordinary in such a way that humans perceive it as exceptionally insightful, lose all perspective, and adopt it into their culture.

When you are born ... all you know is gibberish, and it goes downhill from there ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

g2perk

Is there such a thing as the devil?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on November 13, 2015, 12:37:55 PM
When you are born ... all you know is gibberish, and it goes downhill from there ;-)

We are born in gibberish.  OK I'll buy that.

Baruch

Quote from: g2perk on November 13, 2015, 01:29:39 PM
Is there such a thing as the devil?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

A thing and a person, are not comparable.  In fact many things are not mutually comparable.  A hammer vs hate for example.  Is the Devil a person?  But your capitalization does work ... Is the devil a thing?  As an idea, the devil is very much a thing.  For a monotheist, the Devil as a person presents difficulties.  But the devil as a thing, is more like hate than like a hammer.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.