China's one child policy is now two ..

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, October 29, 2015, 12:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Some people are acting as if this is huge, but it's really too little too late.
On the bright side if you're a gay man in China your prospects are probably pretty good except for the little fact that you'll probably get tossed in prison there for being gay.
Militarily China may be in great shape for recruiting young men into the military, but short of going to war and having millions of men to use as canon fodder they've pretty much screwed the pooch so China has announced that every young man in China can now have at least 2 pooches.
You really have to wonder just how frustrating it is to be a young man in China who would like to be a father knowing that the competition is ferocious to find a female who is still fertile.

The impact of China's one-child policy in four graphs

http://gu.com/p/4dmd2?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Doesn't central planning work wonderfully?  This is what our own autocrats want for us too ... to be the compliant patsies of their brilliant schemes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

TomFoolery

I think China's one child policy and social preference for boys is a perfect example of narcissism. No matter what your feelings are about women I think we can all agree they're kind of fundamental to keeping a population going. All rational people know this. Yet on a private, personal level they think, "other people can have daughters, I need a son!" selecting a personal preference over a societal benefit.

I read a study that during times of famine, women are more likely to give birth to females. Ecologically, that makes perfect sense. A handful of males can impregnate hundreds of females and still maintain sufficient genetic diversity for overall population health.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/times-of-famine-linked-to-disproportionate-number-of-female-births-1110208/?no-ist
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Baruch on October 29, 2015, 12:53:00 PM
Doesn't central planning work wonderfully?  This is what our own autocrats want for us too ... to be the complaint patsies of their brilliant schemes.
Yeah, we get it. You would like complete anarchy with every man for himself ..until you need help then cry and bitch because of the lack of order. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

Chinks to the left of me, chinks to the right..here I am....stuck in the middle with you....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Youssuf Ramadan

Perfect market for them sex robots we were discussing recently.  Think outside the box, people.  There's dollars in them there blue balls!  :72:

Should that be yellow... or maybe even green balls?.... I'm all confuzzled....

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 29, 2015, 02:21:43 PM
Yeah, we get it. You would like complete anarchy with every man for himself ..until you need help then cry and bitch because of the lack of order.

Even in Dorothy's Kansas ... there is gray, in between white and black.  I assume you were sarcastic, but you aren't quoting my MO.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on October 29, 2015, 07:12:06 PM
Even in Dorothy's Kansas ... there is gray, in between white and black.  I assume you were sarcastic, but you aren't quoting my MO.
I would ask what is your MO, but you've never answered any question with a straight answer. I tend to doubt that you even know of your own MO, other than to annoy other people. Fun, isn't it?
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Baruch

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 08, 2015, 01:35:13 PM
I would ask what is your MO, but you've never answered any question with a straight answer. I tend to doubt that you even know of your own MO, other than to annoy other people. Fun, isn't it?

Yes, I am having fun.  Thanks for asking ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on November 09, 2015, 06:12:04 AM
so many female babies dead because china

Even Muhammad (Islam) said this was a sin.  Pagan arabs practiced infanticide on female babies ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.