Know KKK Affiliates; via Anonymous

Started by JBCuzISaidSo, November 02, 2015, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonb

Ah, so what cultural valuables are you finding there, I am told they treat as sacred what you would dismiss elsewhere.

Baruch

Burma?  Well you can get a shave there ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Wasn't Anonymous supposed to publish details yesterday?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Hydra009

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on November 05, 2015, 02:13:55 PM
Wasn't Anonymous supposed to publish details yesterday?
Today.  Sometime today.  I may have mentioned the 5th a couple times in this thread so far.

Hydra009

Back from work, (surprised no one beat me to this, coulda sworn you guys were interested in this)

OPKK has officially posted a list of alleged KKK members.  Sadly, no US senators.  The earlier leak was apparently not legit.  Still awaiting substantiation of these allegations, of course.

jonb

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 06, 2015, 12:57:22 AM
  Sadly, no US senators. 

My knowledge of the KKK is almost nothing, but my impression from this side of the pond is, they are like most fanatical organisations, constituted from less educated people who have lost out in life, and not understanding why they are losers, find an easy answer and someone to blame for all their ills in the doctrines of these fanatical groups, and in being part of something they get to feel that they might in some-way be important.

Is this list going to be anything other than a list of people with chequered work histories mental illness and drug and alcohol abuse.

Baruch

Jonb ... you get the psychology quite well.  If by losers you mean anyone in the lower half of society.  However these groups are ultimately led, like any political party ... by select individuals in the upper half of society.  This is so that the have nots can be useful fools of the Machiavellians.  The ultimate leadership is unlikely to be on the membership roles, nor do they wear bed sheets.  Management.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

jonb

In looking at the British extreme right, yes there are a few connections to the elite, but the for the average member of the 1% the British extreme right can offer them nothing useful so they do not bother to get their hands dirty. In different societies the connections can be stronger or weaker. In the Weimar Republic the 1% highly backed the extreme right as they were so afraid of the communists, but for the most part I have found those connections are weak to non-existent. However it suits a lot of parties to pretend those connections are there.
For the working class group it seems like they have more control if they can hold the pretence they have friends in high places. And for the 1% in general they need dissidents to think their reach is universal.
The smoke and mirrors of Sun Tzu might be a better guide here.

Baruch

You easily see both sides of a coin.  Actual elite connections will avoid the history books.  Just like the real connection between Pamela Churchill Harriman and the Clinton family ;-)  One finds more and more outrageous and scurrilous conspiracy theories every day ... some of which might be true.  I loved the British TV show about the ambitious MP who became PM ... via murder.  It was mentioned in the video on Machiavelli.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: jonb on November 06, 2015, 05:15:38 AMIs this list going to be anything other than a list of people with chequered work histories mental illness and drug and alcohol abuse.
Well, there's also the occasional violent offender.  But yes, essentially extremely uneducated mostly blue collar people who still think act like it's 1830.

jonb

Quote from: Baruch on November 06, 2015, 11:22:39 AM
You easily see both sides of a coin.  Actual elite connections will avoid the history books.  Just like the real connection between Pamela Churchill Harriman and the Clinton family ;-)  One finds more and more outrageous and scurrilous conspiracy theories every day ... some of which might be true.  I loved the British TV show about the ambitious MP who became PM ... via murder.  It was mentioned in the video on Machiavelli.

All fictions are based on a conceit.
The conceit of Marxism was that all struggle is class struggle.
The conceit of the conspiracy theorists is that the 1% are united.
The conceit of the 1% is that they are a meritocracy or Aristocracy (both words mean the same by the way).

Baruch

But what fictions do you endorse?  Neither you nor I are the omniscient Narrator ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

jonb

Baruch

Quote from: jonb on November 06, 2015, 01:11:54 PM
So don't try and make me into one.

Isn't it enough that you are the Great Jonb ... I don't think you are omniscient, just very clever ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.