Know KKK Affiliates; via Anonymous

Started by JBCuzISaidSo, November 02, 2015, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

As also recently posted elsewhere ... sometimes we are dealing with incompetence, not malice.  Though of course it could be both.  I have no idea why Anonymous does what it does, but I am familiar with the KKK.  And yes, outing them is more gentle than assassinating them.  The tyranny of the Left is always an alternative to the tyranny of the Right ... but I object to tyranny, not superficial ideology.  Jonb is pointing out ... the process trumps the ideology.  If neither the Left nor the Right are tyrannical, then compromise is possible.  Congress unexpectedly at times suddenly becomes bipartisan if not unanimous.  When they do that, you know the public is really getting screwed ... because Congress is no longer just screwing around.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GrinningYMIR

I don't trust anonymous
I don't like anonymous
I don't support anonymous

They're fracturing off and making their own little ideologies king just as the ones they claim to combat do. They're the exact same as the bad guys only they're supporting different things. Fuck them.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

TomFoolery

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on November 04, 2015, 09:15:59 AM
They're the exact same as the bad guys only they're supporting different things. Fuck them.

Yes, just as one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Shiranu

Quote from: jonb on November 04, 2015, 07:05:12 AM
No, you can't see it can you, even though you have read the refugee thread and seen the PR line 'they brought this on themselves' how many times?

There is a very large difference between explicitly threatening to kill someone as the KKK did and belonging to an ideology that has a fringe group of extremists.

When you threaten violence, EXPLICITLY threaten violence, you are asking for trouble. So yes, I don't see the similarity between that and people assuming you are violent because they are bigots with zero evidence or motivation to think that way.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

jonb

There has been a question for a long time; at what stage of development is an animal capable of recognising itself in a mirror.

Shiranu

Quote from: jonb on November 04, 2015, 11:56:39 AM
There has been a question for a long time; at what stage of development is an animal capable of recognising itself in a mirror.

Right. Just keep repeating the same unrelated thing instead of addressing the issue that the KKK and Islam are fundamentally different beasts or that when you threaten, EXPLICITLY, that you will SHOOT AND KILL someone you are poking a hornets nest. You are comparing a recognized hate group and terrorist organization who's charter is based on racial superiority to an extremely diverse religion covering hundreds of different cultures... and I'm the one being goofy?

I'm sure that will make progress...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

jonb

Yes, but not just goofy but blinkered, etc.

If rights do not extend to all people then they are just privileges.

You and PR say rights should not be extended to cover everyone therefore you are both on the same side.

Shiranu

Except where I said I don't agree with this act, public officials aside (which has nothing to do with their ideology but rather their positon of power.).

You are continuously attacking me for a position I don't hold. I said I disagreed with the action, and I hold to that. I did say it's hard to feel bad for a group that promotes hate and explicitly threatens to kill people ( the Muslim equivalent being not feeling bad for ISIS), but that no where says I think the act acceptable.

You are putting far too many words in my mouth when you say I don't think the rights shouldn't extend to everyone ( based on ideology like pr). I think the right to anonymous bigotry stops when you are a publicly elected official with power. There is a huge difference there.

jonb

For me the act of lynching is a wrong in itself. Even those at the back of the crowd who don't really agree with it but would shed no tears, and then when questioned try to justify it by saying the hung man was probably guilty, or more guilty than another are not part of any group I would feel comfortable standing with.

TomFoolery

Quote from: jonb on November 04, 2015, 04:54:42 PM
Even those at the back of the crowd who don't really agree with it but would shed no tears, and then when questioned try to justify it by saying the hung man was probably guilty, or more guilty than another are not part of any group I would feel comfortable standing with.

Then I imagine you're referring to probably the bulk of humanity.

I've never been given to mob or bandwagon mentality and of course I believe lynching is wrong. But I'll also admit there are people in this world that I wouldn't feel as badly for if they were lynched. But you make the mistake of thinking that anyone who wouldn't feel badly would attempt to justify their inaction by blaming the victim.

I would justify my inaction based on logic. Standing up to a mob means sticking your neck out and being prepared to be vilified along with the person you're defending. I believe in justice, due process, and the value of life but I'm also a realist and I know what happens to people who openly assert unpopular opinions. And sorry, but there are people that I wouldn't risk sharing retaliation with, like David Duke, Fred Phelps, or Muammar Gaddafi.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Shiranu

Quote from: jonb on November 04, 2015, 04:54:42 PM
For me the act of lynching is a wrong in itself. Even those at the back of the crowd who don't really agree with it but would shed no tears, and then when questioned try to justify it by saying the hung man was probably guilty, or more guilty than another are not part of any group I would feel comfortable standing with.

Sorry if explicitly threatening to kill people is my cut off point for receiving respect offends you and makes you uncomfortable then. To me that is far more disturbing than me not crying.

jonb

Quote from: TomFoolery on November 04, 2015, 05:55:11 PM
Then I imagine you're referring to probably the bulk of humanity.

I've never been given to mob or bandwagon mentality and of course I believe lynching is wrong. But I'll also admit there are people in this world that I wouldn't feel as badly for if they were lynched. But you make the mistake of thinking that anyone who wouldn't feel badly would attempt to justify their inaction by blaming the victim.

I would justify my inaction based on logic. Standing up to a mob means sticking your neck out and being prepared to be vilified along with the person you're defending. I believe in justice, due process, and the value of life but I'm also a realist and I know what happens to people who openly assert unpopular opinions. And sorry, but there are people that I wouldn't risk sharing retaliation with, like David Duke, Fred Phelps, or Muammar Gaddafi.

Yes and I understand, but the problem is once you start running it is hard to stop.

It is purely selfish because I am more afraid of what standing back would do to me.

Baruch

"It is purely selfish because I am more afraid of what standing back would do to me."

That is the dilemma of anyone who contemplated vigilante action.  Government police and courts are instituted to prevent that dilemma.  Similarly if one is contemplating a passivism (not pacifism) that prevents any action at all ... basically letting the government run things its own way.  Dynamic citizenship is difficult at best ... and modern societies are not really set up for citizenship ... but for passivism.  Such are the dilemmas of modern life.  If you were living in Stone Age times ... if you need to off someone with a gesture or a club ... you gotta do it yourself.

Of course, being a modern person, i would not only be uncomfortable at a public execution, but a lynching would make me extremely uncomfortable.  But then I am not a cave man.  I have escaped the cave and beheld the Platonic forms ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

jonb

Quote from: Baruch on November 04, 2015, 08:03:12 PM
"It is purely selfish because I am more afraid of what standing back would do to me."

That is the dilemma of anyone who contemplated vigilante action.  Government police and courts are instituted to prevent that dilemma.  Similarly if one is contemplating a passivism (not pacifism) that prevents any action at all ... basically letting the government run things its own way.  Dynamic citizenship is difficult at best ... and modern societies are not really set up for citizenship ... but for passivism.  Such are the dilemmas of modern life.  If you were living in Stone Age times ... if you need to off someone with a gesture or a club ... you gotta do it yourself.

Of course, being a modern person, i would not only be uncomfortable at a public execution, but a lynching would make me extremely uncomfortable.  But then I am not a cave man.  I have escaped the cave and beheld the Platonic forms ;-)

But for you to have signed up to that social contract are you my Alpha friend just expected to take soma or will it one day be the hemlock to keep things nice and orderly. Anyway are you sure you are out of the cave or have you just moved  to one with new wall paintings.

Baruch

Quote from: jonb on November 05, 2015, 06:21:58 AM
But for you to have signed up to that social contract are you my Alpha friend just expected to take soma or will it one day be the hemlock to keep things nice and orderly. Anyway are you sure you are out of the cave or have you just moved  to one with new wall paintings.

F*ing brilliant!  You aren't a Cockney taxi cab driver are you ... you are an Oxford don ;-)  In modern parlance, the greatest deceit is the idea that the only choice is the red pill or the blue pill.  My particular man cave has stone rubbings from Burma, that illustrate in Burmese style ... the Ramayana.  Sri Lankan demons beware!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.