What do people do all day once they get to heaven?

Started by 1liesalot, October 23, 2015, 05:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 22, 2016, 06:48:16 PM
I am in Heaven now.  Don't ask me how much I like it though.  I get to be a human being, I have fulfilling work to go to, a cat and an elderly mother to care for.  The food and drink are pretty good ... and I live in the era when we have Internet.
And don't forget Skyrim!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

MOO

All of the things i'd want to spend eternity doing in heaven, are the very same things which would prevent me getting there in the first place. Put simply if an Angel is watching over each of us mine has probably carved out a stamp for wanking to save the getting RSI writing it down all the time.

This is my first post here so start as you mean to go on and all that  :hi:

Baruch

Quote from: MOO on April 07, 2016, 09:02:42 PM
All of the things i'd want to spend eternity doing in heaven, are the very same things which would prevent me getting there in the first place. Put simply if an Angel is watching over each of us mine has probably carved out a stamp for wanking to save the getting RSI writing it down all the time.

Introduce yourself, oh cow-shark.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Fickle

Some say when I go to heaven I will meet 72 virgins and I thought... what will I do in heaven with 72 virgins?. After the first four point five minutes... apparently nothing. At which point I understood I am not in heaven but more so hell.

Baruch

Quote from: Fickle on April 10, 2016, 01:18:51 AM
Some say when I go to heaven I will meet 72 virgins and I thought... what will I do in heaven with 72 virgins?. After the first four point five minutes... apparently nothing. At which point I understood I am not in heaven but more so hell.

That is the point that the Muslims don't mention (Muhammad wasn't clear on this so don't blame him) ... is that having even two women in the same room can lead to trouble, let alone two or more sharing the same man.  Sure, the women don't have to worry about being pregnant, because they are perpetual virgins.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: MOO on April 07, 2016, 09:02:42 PM

Hi MOO!  :waving:

Maybe Father Guido Sarducci can explain about the wanking better than I can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ykYHwG5i4
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on April 12, 2016, 07:09:33 PM
My favorite priest!!

I almost forgot about that guy.  And I remember seeing that monologue live the first time.  It seems like SNL used to have better comedians than what they have today.  I used to laugh until my sides ached watching that program.

doorknob

Maybe you just grew up and realized SNL is not really funny. I don't laugh at things generally unless it's like charlie the unicorn. No more mature I realize but not every one's humor is the same I guess. I never laugh at sitcoms or family guy. What normal people find as amusing generally comes off as stupid to me.

So welcome to my world.

SGOS

Quote from: doorknob on April 13, 2016, 07:47:32 AM
Maybe you just grew up and realized SNL is not really funny.

I've wondered if that's what happened, but I think there's something else going on too.  First, I used to think SNL was more edgy, although I think that about a lot of programs today.  I watch some old reruns of Seinfeld, where they take on potentially offensive topics, and parody the Religious Right without mercy, and I think that hardly happens today.  Second, the humor on SNL used to seem different than most California produced humor.  I used to think of it as New York style, as opposed to Hollywood style.  Now I don't see any difference between what's on SNL and what's coming from the West Coast.  But because these were subtle differences (or imaginations), I've wondered if it was something I just read into it.

Mike Cl

Quote from: doorknob on April 13, 2016, 07:47:32 AM
Maybe you just grew up and realized SNL is not really funny. I don't laugh at things generally unless it's like charlie the unicorn. No more mature I realize but not every one's humor is the same I guess. I never laugh at sitcoms or family guy. What normal people find as amusing generally comes off as stupid to me.

So welcome to my world.
Yeah, I grok ya (as Michael Valentine Smith would say--Stranger In A Strange Land).  Sitcoms are not funny.  The last time I laughed at a sitcom.................hmmm..........I don't remember; canned laughing drives me nuts.  Let's see--I like to think I have a good strong sense of humor, so what is funny.  Three Stooges, Calvin and Hobbs, The Far Side, some SNL.  This---What normal people find as amusing generally comes off as stupid to me. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

ApostateLois

SNL was pretty edgy for its time. It's just that what passes for edgy keeps changing and it doesn't seem daring compared to what's going on now. But I hear ya on not finding it very funny the first time around. There were some brilliant moments, but I thought most of it was kinda dumb. I don't find most sit-coms funny, either. I'm more likely to enjoy British TV humor than American.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"