Stephen Fry stepping down at QI host, Sandi Toksvig his replacement

Started by Munch, October 14, 2015, 06:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Hmm.. dunno what to make of this, but least to say I'm upset, seeing my fav tv presenter going from one of my fav shows.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/14/stephen-fry-qi-sandi-toksvig_n_8292014.html

It is his decision of course, and he wouldn't have been doing it forever, I guess i just wonder, can the show carry on without him? Fry is one of my fav british celebrities, with real wit, humor, and overall just a pleasant man to watch, it made me sure that no matter what, how shitty I day I'd be having, sitting down watching an episode of QI would always be entertaining since he was hosting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv8ICItg-50

Now with Sandi Toksvig replacing him, yet Alan Davis still on the show, i just wonder if it can carry on as good. I've always felt it was his insight, charm, and the comradery between him and Alan that made the show what it was.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hakurei Reimu

Had to happen sometime. Stephen Fry ain't no spring chicken, and he can't continue forever.

Just cross your fingers that QI can endure the change.

Favorite Moment:
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Poison Tree

It obviously will be hard and will depend vary much, as said above, on how Toksvig and Davis get on together. The show will be loosing the jokes made at the expense of Fry's poshness. But I've very much enjoyed Toksvig's appearances as a panelist and the show tends to be a sausage-fest and, in my opinion, could use more consistent female appearances.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

trdsf

:wtff: :03:

*snif*

I will take some solace in the fact that Stephen is going to be Colonel K in the new Danger Mouse series.  And that I love Sandi Toksvig, and think she'll be fine.  She can snark with the best of them.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on October 14, 2015, 08:15:30 PM
Had to happen sometime. Stephen Fry ain't no spring chicken, and he can't continue forever.

Just cross your fingers that QI can endure the change.

Favorite Moment:
(They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is...)
I about wet myself laughing the first time I saw that.

I think QI will be fine with Sandi at the helm.  MST3K survived the transition from Joel to Mike, after all.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan