Phili. Gay Hate Criminals Won't Face Jail Time

Started by Shiranu, October 16, 2015, 11:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/breaking_philly_hate_attackers_will_serve_no_jail_time_plea_deal_includes_community_service

QuoteKathryn Knott, Philip Williams, and Kevin Harrigan reportedly have been offered a plea deal that includes community service and probation but zero time in jail. The three were charged with the Sept. 11, 2014 anti-gay hate attack against a Philadelphia same-sex couple that landed one of the men in the hospital with a broken jaw that had to be wired shut for nearly two months.

The trio of accused hate attackers were arrested September 24, 2014 and charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, and recklessly endangering another person (REAP), for the attack. Williams and Harrigan were also charged with conspiracy.

Today in court Williams and Harrigan accepted a plea deal that, as Philly Gay News reports, includes community service and probation but no jail time. Kathryn Knott reportedly rejected the deal and will stand trial.

Just remember; only barbaric Muslim countries can have institutionalised homophobia, and are a threat to our moral way of life.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

And yet if you went and smashed one of them in the kisser you'd be locked up as a menace to society. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

trdsf

I really think there needs to be a class of crimes for which plea bargaining isn't an option, for which the responsible legal authority says, "Yes, we have a strained system, but what you did was so bad, you need to be in it."

Also, let me guess: all three perps are white.

Edit:  Followed the link.  Surprise surprise.  They are.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan