News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The New Atheist Movement is Dead

Started by CrucifyCindy, October 12, 2015, 06:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: missingnocchi on November 08, 2015, 10:19:58 AM
Thanks! And yeah, I'm kind of being reminded why I stopped coming here in the first place. I do know for a fact that one of my antagonists from last night is quite old, but I won't name names.
What have you got against the wisdom of age, Ass Wipe? Most forums which aren't dominated by complete morons are mainly retirees and students, with a smattering of middle-agers.

Quote from: missingnocchi on November 08, 2015, 10:19:58 AM
I also respect Searle quite a bit, but I'm not sure how much of that I have to attribute to being on his side of the debate. Dennett, on the other hand, has earned my grudging respect. I'm as unconvinced by behavioralism as anyone, but I have to admit that he bites every bullet you need to defend it without flinching. It takes balls to deny mental events as strongly as he has.
Get back to your studies, you arrogant asswipe kid, and come back after you've been living in the real world for a few years - you still have a huge bit to learn!

No offense to other students here, some with brilliance which I admire much.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

missingnocchi

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 08, 2015, 01:38:00 PM
What you are talking about is KIDS, not mature adults - kids have always been rude on their opinions. So what?
...Have you met people? In my experience they only get louder, ruder, and less self aware through the aging process.
What's a "Leppo?"

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: missingnocchi on November 08, 2015, 02:28:19 PM
...Have you met people? In my experience they only get louder, ruder, and less self aware through the aging process.
You haven't the experience to judge.

Of course the loudest and dumbest people are those who you notice the mostf - loudness is all they have. People tend to become set in their ways as they age, as will you if you survive that long. Those who choose the path of ignorance when they are young will become more ignorant when they are older, while those who go with an inquisitive attitude will become more wise, and less quick to judge. Your attitude as shown so far doesn't really put you on track for the latter.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

missingnocchi

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 08, 2015, 02:36:33 PM
You haven't the experience to judge.

Of course the loudest and dumbest people are those who you notice the most. People tend to become set in their ways as they age, as will you if you survive that long. Those who choose the path of ignorance when they are young will become more ignorant when they are older, while those who go with an inquisitive attitude will become more wise, and less quick to judge. Your attitude as shown so far doesn't really put you on track for the latter.

Nor does your responding to a discussion of the philosophy of mind by calling me an asswipe indicate that you took the latter path. Not that your ad hoc ramblings about paths and how whippersnappers like me need to sit down and shut up actually relates to the real world in any way.
What's a "Leppo?"

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: missingnocchi on November 08, 2015, 02:48:29 PM
Nor does your responding to a discussion of the philosophy of mind by calling me an asswipe indicate that you took the latter path. Not that your ad hoc ramblings about paths and how whippersnappers like me need to sit down and shut up actually relates to the real world in any way.
I wouldn't have said any of that if you had posted anything other than the product of pure ignorance. You think older people are all duller than you, and you know everything - got that!

missingnocchi

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 08, 2015, 02:53:15 PM
I wouldn't have said any of that if you had posted anything other than the product of pure ignorance. You think older people are all duller than you, and you know everything - got that!
Yes, I think all old people are loud idiots and experience is inherently without value. That's why I respect the 73 year old Dennett and the 83 year old Searle so much, because I hate old people!  :eyes:
What's a "Leppo?"

facebook164

Quote from: Baruch on November 08, 2015, 08:40:08 AM
I think Searle does wheelies around Dennett.
Weird. You seemed like a bright fella.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: missingnocchi on November 08, 2015, 02:58:30 PM
Yes, I think all old people are loud idiots and experience is inherently without value. That's why I respect the 73 year old Dennett and the 83 year old Searle so much, because I hate old people!  :eyes:
Then in that case I don't know why you refer to the presence of older people on this forum as an issue. But I do notice you are still here, so maybe you just come around when your talking ass gets the wind. :butt:

Stick around and listen, and you too may learn something.

missingnocchi

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 08, 2015, 04:50:38 PM
Then in that case I don't know why you refer to the presence of older people on this forum as an issue. But I do notice you are still here, so maybe you just come around when your talking ass gets the wind. :butt:

Stick around and listen, and you too may learn something.

Well, Baruch noted the presence of teenagers as an issue, and I happened to know that wasn't the case for at least one of the people I was arguing with. So I pointed it out. Context is your friend :)
What's a "Leppo?"

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: missingnocchi on November 08, 2015, 05:32:17 PM
Well, Baruch noted the presence of teenagers as an issue, and I happened to know that wasn't the case for at least one of the people I was arguing with. So I pointed it out. Context is your friend :)
Don't mind Baruch, he's got issues with everybody, and I've never known him to argue straight on any issue.

missingnocchi

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 08, 2015, 06:57:03 PM
Don't mind Baruch, he's got issues with everybody, and I've never known him to argue straight on any issue.
Well, I like him. If that makes me unpopular, so be it.
What's a "Leppo?"

jonb

I get the feeling that over half of us that come to atheistforums are mainly here because of the resident theist. We will be giving him Pope status next.

Baruch

Quote from: facebook164 on November 08, 2015, 03:49:17 PM
Weird. You seemed like a bright fella.

Dennett's metaphysics seems to me to be reworked classic gnosticism from 2000 years ago.  Not very original.  Searle may concentrate on language studies ... but he has those down tight as a drum.  The Chinese Room is a classic thought experiment.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 08, 2015, 06:57:03 PM

I have always liked ...

"There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile.
He found a crooked sixpence upon a crooked stile.
He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse,
And they all lived together in a little crooked house."
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: missingnocchi on November 08, 2015, 09:34:34 PM
Well, I like him. If that makes me unpopular, so be it.

I like everyone ... just not all in the same way.  And I have never been concerned about popularity.  Thanks for assisting with my therapy ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.