8 killed in South Carolina flooding

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, October 05, 2015, 11:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on October 05, 2015, 01:25:40 PM
Global warming and nature had nothing to do with this. Its teh gayz.
No silly ..It's gawdz wrath for SC taking down the confederate flag.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 05, 2015, 02:23:03 PM
No silly ..It's gawdz wrath for SC taking down the confederate flag.
Close, it was God's wrath at Zimbabwe for not having their Christmas decorations up yet.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 05, 2015, 03:13:34 PM
Close, it was God's wrath at Zimbabwe for not having their Christmas decorations up yet.
Oh yeah. .how could I have forgotten that?

TomFoolery

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 05, 2015, 02:20:17 PM
Jasmine was the first restaurant Sylvia and I went to. Pretty good buffet. If you get there during lunch it's a lot cheaper. I also like Nicks down that way. I'm guessing that they probably got flooded. They sit in a low area on Two Notch not that far from Jasmine.

That's kind of what I was thinking. My husband and I went to that restaurant the night he asked me to marry him. :)
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

AllPurposeAtheist

Speaking purely as a man the best reason to go to Jasmine is the waitresses. Of course they don't actually serve the waitesses as a buffet course, but it's the ambience of the whole thing ..Now if they DID serve the waitresses as a course there's a good chance that ...well let's just say that canabalism is kind of frowned on EVEN in South Carolina ..

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 05, 2015, 03:50:47 PM
Speaking purely as a man the best reason to go to Jasmine is the waitresses. Of course they don't actually serve the waitesses as a buffet course, but it's the ambience of the whole thing ..Now if they DID serve the waitresses as a course there's a good chance that ...well let's just say that canabalism is kind of frowned on EVEN in South Carolina ..
The phrase "eat me", it's not literal, okay?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Green Bottle

Looks pretty bad, sympathies to those who died, you an you're family stay safe  apa.
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

jonb

Yes look after you and yours, my thoughts are with you.

AllPurposeAtheist

We're all ok, but they're still evacuating entire sections of town because the rivers haven't crested yet.  If I heard correct the Congragee is expected to crest 28 feet above flood level either today or tomorrow.  Went to Kroger yesterday. Pretty picked over and very crowded ..Still a lot of crap to clean up in the yard. It looks like a combination of pine needles and half rotten sawdust about 4 inches thick ..I'm starting a big old compost pile .. Maybe a compost mountain ..

Munch

Stay safe APA, hope you manage to stay away from the worst of it.

Every year I see the same kinds of reports from the midlands here in the uk of major flooding and the lives destroyed or even lost by it :S

Those reports of the mass floodings and storms on the French riviera are awful.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34443189
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

Between all this and my gf bitching about anything and everything I'm beginning to wonder if I'm using the shovel properly and raking stuff in the right direction. So far today I've done absolutely nothing right.

Sorry ..that's a different topic. I just felt like whining for a minute .. 

Munch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 06, 2015, 02:18:19 PM
Between all this and my gf bitching about anything and everything I'm beginning to wonder if I'm using the shovel properly and raking stuff in the right direction. So far today I've done absolutely nothing right.

Sorry ..that's a different topic. I just felt like whining for a minute ..

Its good to vent, get it off your chest, or right it all down. it helps me put my thoughts in order when things are bad.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

We're at Jasmine right now. We were going to go to Nicks, but unfortunately the entire interior of Nicks is sitting in a dumpster and the front wall of the place collapsed from flooding.  I'm guessing that they'll be out of business there for awhile. There's another Nicks on St Andrews, but from here nearly impossible to get to due to flooding in that part of town as well. I have no idea if they flooded too. I'm guessing they did.